ECQF Game 2: Columbus (WC1) at Washington (1) 7:30 PM ET | SN360, TVAS2, NBCSN, NBCSWA, FS-O

Status
Not open for further replies.

JeremyTB

Mar 16, 2007
The good news for the Jackets is the Caps top players are probally dead tired. They played alot in that 3rd period. Mostly due to the Powerplays but even before that I think Ovi was being double shifted.

Reactions: BobVEZINAsky 110

DearDiary

🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷🐷
Aug 29, 2010
Jenner is a whiny bitch, that was as blatant and automatic a penalty as you can get

nothingbeatshockey

May 3, 2013
Problem for the Caps is the Penguins already played Game 3, Caps still playing in Game 2 and both in OT.

If Caps advance they're going against a much more rested Pens team

That would also be the case for the BlueJackets though.

I'm pulling for the Caps, but will pull for CBJ to beat Pitt. I'll pull for anyone, even Brad Marchand, the douchiest player of all, to beat Pitt.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Just tuned in and saw there were four straight powerplays to the Caps in the third. Bad calls? Or Jackets getting overrun/losing composure?

There's one delay of game (Werenski sending the puck over the glass), and one clear slash (Jenner hacking Oshie's stick in half).

Reactions: Dacks

Hint1k

Oct 27, 2017
The Washington Capitals are not a serious team. All papa Ted cares about is selling Ovechkin merch and all the fans care about is Ovechkin pp goals. Not a serious fan base LOL.

With that being said...

Caps win 5-4 in OT. Screenshot it.

Mr Bettman, could you please use your own HF account?

Buckets and Gloves

klaatu barada nikto
Aug 14, 2011
I would like to see Caps win here... nothing against CBJ

Have no dog in the fight, just want to see a close/long series

Ovheckin finishes the hatty with OT winner

Firsov99

Feb 17, 2006
Problem for the Caps is the Penguins already played Game 3, Caps still playing in Game 2 and both in OT.

If Caps advance they're going against a much more rested Pens team
If the Caps ever going to advance to round three, they'll have to beat their "nemesis", the Pens. No excuses due to tired legs. But for the moment, they have their hands full with the pesky Jackets, who simply refuse to go down.

Benneguin

Original Recipe
May 26, 2015
The good news for the Jackets is the Caps top players are probally dead tired. They played alot in that 3rd period. Mostly due to the Powerplays but even before that I think Ovi was being double shifted.

I think every player would be just fine playing all period on the PP vs 5-7 minutes of 5 on 5 play.

Reactions: Beau Knows

KCbus

Jan 3, 2010
Reynoldsburg, OH
Jenner was just trying to make a play, but that has to be called. If Seth Jones had had the stick slashed out of his hands at the Columbus blue line late in a tie game, and the Capitals were allowed to have an all-out breakaway as a result, I'd be furious if it wasn't called. No choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad