Series Talk: ECQF: Carolina Hurricanes vs New York Islanders (CAR Leads 3-1)

CAR vs NYI

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

JKG33

Leafs & Kings
Oct 31, 2009
Winnipeg
I'm not even sure he will be the starter, or if he'll have much leash with Varlamov on the heater he is.
Is there a bigger wasted talent in the league than Varlamov? Like there's been plenty of good players on bad teams. But when there's such a shortage of good goalies across the league, he's riding the bench. Good for the Isles but I wish he would've signed somewhere else, still looks like a 50 game starter

Reactions: newsportsfan123

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Gonna say Hurricanes in 7.

I think Dobson brings on a big challenge for the Hurricanes as he's been their MVP. I think he helped Sorokin all year long.

Dec 15, 2002
The playoffs were so much better years ago when it was divisional play and teams got the chance to really, really work up a hatred for each other.

yet another canes-isles series? what is the definition of insanity again?
The NHL’s current playoff format. Go back to seeding 1-8 and add a play in round tomorrow
Gary Bettman's playoff format

... not like this, though. This is too much divisional playoff play.

Yeah having 1-8 would be much better in that case let's see who Carolina would play......

...looks like the Islanders.
Yeah, but that would be better than having the Hurricanes and Islanders play like this, because ...

... well, it just would be.

Reactions: boredmale
Dec 15, 2002
I almost took the Hurricanes in 6, because I can see the Islanders stretch this some, but in the end I said Hurricanes in 5. But I do think if this gets to 6, it probably goes 7 and the Islanders chances to pull an upset go way up.

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Is there a bigger wasted talent in the league than Varlamov? Like there's been plenty of good players on bad teams. But when there's such a shortage of good goalies across the league, he's riding the bench. Good for the Isles but I wish he would've signed somewhere else, still looks like a 50 game starter
Having a good goalie in all 82 games helps teams make the playoffs. Maybe he chose that instead of being a starter on a non-playoff team?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad