ECQF Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Leafs lead 3-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Boston Bandit

Aug 2, 2005
If the Bruins play like they did last game they deserve to lose this series. They should be embarrassed of themselves. They are playing garbage hockey. I hate this series because of the lack of effort & intensity. This is not the normal Boston Bruins that we saw during the regular season.

Not to take anything away from the Leafs, because they have been the much better team. I don't even think it's close at this point. Game 2 was the only game I was impressed with the Bruins. The rest of the games has been pure suckage...

Reactions: SanDogBrewin

MattySnipes

Jan 26, 2018
'Mecca' of Hockey
Tavares really dipped from 47 goals/82 games in the regular season, to 1 goal/5 games in the playoffs lol
Not all your players can perform in one series. Other players have picked him up. If the Leafs are able to move on, maybe JT will pick up other players who are then struggling to score in another round. Beauty of the playoffs. JT line has been a gem defensively keeping the Bergy line in check.

Reactions: SwollenGoat

Tak7

Nov 1, 2009
GTA or the UK
I'm quite surprised at how tame the Bruins have been in this series - especially at home.

In this series last season, the Bruins got ahead by pounding the Leafs during play, and being in their faces between the whistles. Just a snarly, mean, Boston style of hockey.

We saw that style in game 2, but it's been pretty much absent throughout the rest of the series - games 1 and 5 showed us a really.... low energy, low intensity Bruins team that has played right into the Leafs hands.

Reactions: Boston Bandit

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Boys we have one of the refs in this thread:sarcasm:

Please show me a video of Chara doing what Kadri did. Like I said, maybe I missed it. I’m sorry, I didn’t get the point of that tweet. Maybe Chara has been active with his stick this series, but I never saw him do what Kadri did.

Megaforce

Habs fan here. The Canadiens didn't make the playoffs but they played a load of super exciting hockey last season. Their games were usually very exciting with loads of speed and clever breakouts and quick passes. Whenever I watched the Bruins I saw nothing interesting at all. Not to discredit their results but I found their style dull and was never convinced they were all that good. What was I missing?

Harry22

Mar 28, 2005
Montreal
Habs fan here. The Canadiens didn't make the playoffs but they played a load of super exciting hockey last season. Their games were usually very exciting with loads of speed and clever breakouts and quick passes. Whenever I watched the Bruins I saw nothing interesting at all. Not to discredit their results but I found their style dull and was never convinced they were all that good. What was I missing?

This series has been painful yup.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
I'm quite surprised at how tame the Bruins have been in this series - especially at home.

In this series last season, the Bruins got ahead by pounding the Leafs during play, and being in their faces between the whistles. Just a snarly, mean, Boston style of hockey.

We saw that style in game 2, but it's been pretty much absent throughout the rest of the series - games 1 and 5 showed us a really.... low energy, low intensity Bruins team that has played right into the Leafs hands.
That also happened during the regular season when they both played on December 8, 2018 that resulted in Zach Hyman getting suspended 2 games and there was a similar hot towards Morgan Rielly by a Bruins player and he was not suspended.

Reactions: Tak7

SwollenGoat

Sep 23, 2008
South River

Series hit totals...
Leafs - 177
Bruins - 172

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006

Tha Habs missed the playoffs, but they can take comfort in the fact that they had clever breakouts.

Reactions: Dermott The Frog

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
So, if the Leafs win this series - and it's far from a sure thing - let me help with the new narrative moving forward:

Leafs can't beat the Bruins
Matthews is a no-show in the playoffs
Leafs are too soft
Leafs aren't built for the playoffs
Leafs defence is horrible

Leafs can't win a series without help from the NHL command centre headquartered in Toronto
So how come the same situation room in Toronto still allowed the Bruins goal which was offside? We were told because it's located in Toronto that they always make sure the Leafs get every call on video reviews, despite Toronto not winning a coaches challenge this whole season until last night. :sarcasm:

Megaforce

Tha Habs missed the playoffs, but they can take comfort in the fact that they had clever breakouts.

I don't recall a more entertaining Canadiens team in the last 20 years. Domi, Drouin, Gallagher, Petry, these guys made the season a lot more fun than the dismal one we had expected. Leafs more entertaining than the Bruins, so I've got to cheer for them.

Winning a Stanley Cup is such an unlikely probability for any team in the 30+ team universe that entertainment becomes a higher priority and the Habs had a lot of stretches where they played dazzling hockey.

I'm no longer satisfied with workmanlike defensive efforts, it has to be fun to watch. I might be mistaken tho, perhaps the Bruins played some dazzling hockey but I didn't see it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad