ECQF Boston Bruins vs Toronto Maple Leafs (Leafs lead 3-2)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yeti34

Apr 13, 2013
Tampa
The hot takes after every single game are amazing.

Game 1: wow Boston can’t keep up with the speed
Game 2: wow Leafs can’t keep up with the Bruins physicality. Leafs are done. Also, refs love Boston
Game 3: now that the refs are fair, Boston doesn’t have a chance.
Game 4: Leafs just can’t keep up with Boston’s special teams. Leafs don’t have a chance.
Game 5: Bruins just can’t keep up with Leafs at 5 on 5. Nylander is a defensive wizard and Matthews is a god. Also, refs love Toronto.

Can’t wait for the hot takes after game 6.

It’s not a hot take. If the Bruins play the way they have been (with the exception of game 2) they lose. They are either outclassed or just not showing up to play.

DanM

Oct 2, 2017
Apparently NHL is also trying to protect its players and lower concussions but it’s okay when Chara rams Matthews head on the glass because your know “veteran play”

JOKE of a league

Oh the "Veteran" play lol

You gotta love when that allows a player to do what he likes lol

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
Leafs fan complaining about the refs surprise surprise. Real biased on the goaltender interference call to I see

The goaltender interference call was the first call to go Toronto's way. Yes, I agree it shouldnt have counted, but at the same time neither should Krejci's. Cancel those 2 missed calls and Toronto still scored the only legitimate goal.

The Leafs have had the fewest PP Opp/GP than all but Tampa these playoffs, and while Boston is only middle of the pack they still have had the PP advantage in every game so far. Toronto also was last in the league in regular season PP Opp while Boston was in the top 10. It has been a year long frustration with reffing for Toronto and this series is just exemplifying that.

Reactions: Dermott The Frog

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
So, if the Leafs win this series - and it's far from a sure thing - let me help with the new narrative moving forward:

Leafs can't beat the Bruins
Matthews is a no-show in the playoffs
Leafs are too soft
Leafs aren't built for the playoffs
Leafs defence is horrible

Leafs can't win a series without help from the NHL command centre headquartered in Toronto

Bodybr3ak

Nov 19, 2010
and an empty netter at that!

But WillTheThrill is right - even if he only occupies Boston's top line it might be enough for the Leafs to squeak it out
He’s neutralizing Bergeron and the leafs depth is taking care of the scoring. This is probably exactly what Babcock dreamed of happening.

I bet Tavares goes scoreless again in game 6 but the PP clicks for a few, the 4th chips in, and the leafs win the series.

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
Tavares really dipped from 47 goals/82 games in the regular season, to 1 goal/5 games in the playoffs lol

He's kept Bergeron in check, and has more points than him to.

Bergeron, Marchand, and Pastrnak had like 20 points combined through the first 3 games last season. This year they have 13 through 5.

So, yeah, Tavares is playing a massive part.

But stats watching, amiright :dunno:

The Hanging Jowl

Apr 2, 2017
Can't believe I just read 20 pages of people either complaining about the GI or complaining about the offside.

Here are some other topics if anybody is interested in actually discussing the game:
- Nikita Zaitsev has looked back to form! Good for him!
- Charlie Coyle has looked like one of the most dangerous Bruins forwards in most of the games so far. That post he hit in Game 1 could have changed everything, honestly.
- Matthews proving all the (pretty unfair considering his age) doubters wrong by playing fantastic hockey, even before he started scoring.
- Rask and Andersen have both played far better than in the months preceding Game 1. I was expecting to be unsurprised by a Halak/Sparks/Hutch appearance.
- Chara finally looking his age for the most part - how many more years do you think he lasts? He's still very competent and that goal he scored in game 4 reminded everyone how dangerous he can be offensively.
- Who signs Ennis in the off-season? I'll be surprised if the Leafs can hang on to him. Would love to see him in Jersey with Hischier/Hall/Hughes just off the top of my head.

Biggest surprise for me has been McAvoy. I had no idea what good player he is.

Reactions: nofehr

TorMapleJays

Jun 24, 2012
B84882BB-77CE-4116-ABDF-3ED70F937A8E.png

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
He's kept Bergeron in check, and has more points than him to.

Bergeron, Marchand, and Pastrnak had like 20 points combined through the first 3 games last season. This year they have 13 through 5.

So, yeah, Tavares is playing a massive part.

But stats watching, amiright :dunno:

Exactly what you said and Tavares still has 4 points in these 5 games, why does he always have to be a goal scorer to be effective.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
It’s not a hot take. If the Bruins play the way they have been (with the exception of game 2) they lose. They are either outclassed or just not showing up to play.

Isn’t the goal differential in this series perfectly equal

Game 1: +3 TML
Game 2: +3 BOS
Game 3: +1 TOR
Game 4: +2 BOS
Game 5: +1 TOR

People acting like this has been anything other than even are nuts

Reactions: Frelimo

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
Isn’t the goal differential in this series perfectly equal

Game 1: +3 TML
Game 2: +3 BOS
Game 3: +1 TOR
Game 4: +2 BOS
Game 5: +1 TOR

People acting like this has been anything other than even are nuts
But after watching close to 82 games of regular season it is clear to me as a Bruins fan that they aren't playing at their best. Don't misconstrue this as not giving Leafs credit, but from line 1 to line4 there have been 4 players that have showed up for Boston - Krejci, McAvoy, Rask and Coyle. That is not nearly good enough.

Mathews28

Nov 24, 2008
Connecticut
But after watching close to 82 games of regular season it is clear to me as a Bruins fan that they aren't playing at their best. Don't misconstrue this as not giving Leafs credit, but from line 1 to line4 there have been 4 players that have showed up for Boston - Krejci, McAvoy, Rask and Coyle. That is not nearly good enough.

I think this is a very fair assessment.

No disrespect to Toronto. I know it’s hard for some to give them any credit because of the antagonism expressed to the Bruins fans and the claims of conspiracy within the officiating ranks, but you really have to separate that from what’s actually transpired on the ice.

Leafs have played pretty well. The bruins though, were much much better for the bulk of the regular season. Many key players look tired and out of sync.

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Other than Game 2, this series has been well officiated.

Both sides gotta knock off this conspiracy **** lmao (and yes, the complaining is coming from both sides)
And even in game 2, Boston undoubtedly deserved to win. They were way better. The only problem I have with the officials is they made that game dangerous

Reactions: LeafsNation75

Vaive50

Dec 24, 2015
Why do the haters think that the only reason the Leafs won is because Matthews goal wasn't called back. Let's just say it was, we were still up 1-0, and if that was the case, the Bruins wouldn't have given the empty net until there was less than 2 minutes left. But because we were up by 2, they chose to have the extra skater with 3 minutes left and it took them over 2 minutes to score their one goal.

As if the Refs were really on the Leafs side all game long (NOT) calling whatever penalties on the Leafs and nothing on the Bruins until they were forced with too many men (even that took 10 seconds). BTW, the Bruins were clearly offside as TorMapleJays shows in this picture....

b84882bb-77ce-4116-abdf-3ed70f937a8e-png.218245

Cor

I am a bot
Jun 24, 2012
AEF
And even in game 2, Boston undoubtedly deserved to win. They were way better. The only problem I have with the officials is they made that game dangerous

Essentially yeah. They didn't even change the game one way or another there. Just caused it to get out of hand. Which no, doesn't excuse what Kadri did, but it still led to it.

Just Rude

"I'm listening to the *** song!!!"
Oct 15, 2005
Still nervous as shit. That game last night, like the series, was a coin flip.

SBA should be rocking tomorrow. Hopefully the Leafs can feed of that and put this one away. Don't want to go back to Boston, for obvious reasons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad