Series Discussion: ECQF: (6) New York Rangers vs. (3) Washington Capitals: Pt. 2

tycoonheart

Apr 7, 2010
He seemed to win more battles in the offensive zone than Nicklas Butterball today.

He also had a couple of horrible turnovers in the offensive zone today.

Its not just one person on that line, everyone on it has been horrible.

I think it needs to be broken up. Some how.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
If that 1st line doesn't produce tomorrow we're doomed.

Gut feeling, we'll have the PP advantage tomorrow.

caps4cup

Dynasty
Dec 31, 2010
Ovechkin will come up huge tomorrow IMO. Backstrom too. They've been too quiet. They're going to break out.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles
Mojo might be the best player on the 1st line right now.

Had he missed a wide open net like Ovechkin today there would be a thread dedicated.

This is just not true. I watched game five twice. I could not even count the number of times mojo whiffed on passes, fluttered clearing attempts, or gave away he puck within one stride of entering O-zone. Not only was he the worst player on the line in that game, he was one of the worst on the whole team. Ovechkin put nine shots on net in game five, some of them excellent shots which really tested lundy. Today he drilled Girardi twice. Just absolutely leveled him. And again, he was driving to the net and trying to bang something in.

I recognize driving to the net and hitting will never be mojo's game, but he has been horrible at what IS his game, which is controlling the puck and distributi g the puck and gaining the zone with speed and backing up D-men. He is no threat at all right now. Ovechkin still is.

Devil Dancer

Jan 21, 2006
I thought Majo had a pretty strong game tonight. He bumped around in the corners with some success, plus he had a few rushes. His passing was off, but that's going to happen sometimes when you're attempting medium percentage passes on a regular basis.

troyerlaw

Life is party again
Dec 13, 2010
Los Angeles

Why?

Have Nash, Richards and Callahan been any better for NYR?

The truth is, the stars of this series have been unexpected, 3rd-line type players, like Perreault, Ward and Brassard. If Game 7 goes according to the formula so far, it will be marked by steady goaltending and a GWG by a D-man or a 3rd-liner.

That said, hell yes, a goal by AO would be huge for team spirit and crowd noise. Several players have said it on several occasions; when Ovie is scoring, it boosts the energy teamwide.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Why?

Have Nash, Richards and Callahan been any better for NYR?

The truth is, the stars of this series have been unexpected, 3rd-line type players, like Perreault, Ward and Brassard. If Game 7 goes according to the formula so far, it will be marked by steady goaltending and a GWG by a D-man or a 3rd-liner.

That said, hell yes, a goal by AO would be huge for team spirit and crowd noise. Several players have said it on several occasions; when Ovie is scoring, it boosts the energy teamwide.

The Rangers have always had trouble scoring(under Tortorella), even with the "talent" they got this year. They're a grind it out team that relies on contributions from everyone. The Caps on the other hand rely heavily on the 1st line and the makeup of this team is such that the stars will take them as far as their production. How much longer do you think they can continue to win or even stay in games with the 1st line playing like garbage? They might squeak out a win tomorrow without the top line's help, but the script will be the same unless they get their ass in gear.

kicksavedave

I'm just here for the memes and gifs.
Sponsor
Apr 29, 2009
Fallbrook, CA
www.tiasarms.org

Gut feeling, we'll have the PP advantage tomorrow.

Yeah I don't think this is accurate. If the top line doesn't show up then we're in for another nail biting 1 goal game or OT. If the top line comes back from Bermuda or Area 51, then we win easily. We've won 3 and been silly close in the 3 losses without them doing squat. If they show, the Rags will have a hard time keeping up.

But nothing makes me think they're sandbagging and will magically appear tomorrow. I think Nicky and Mojo are concussed and playing through it, and Ovi knows it and can't do much alone.

NoMoreChoking

Sep 30, 2009
If and when we lose tomorrow, McPhee will get another free pass

How many people here would be fired if they failed to do their job in the allotted time?

McPhee's job is to win a cup. He has had 15 years and he has only been past the 2nd round ONCE. AND THAT WASNT EVEN HIS TEAM!

He hasn't been even close and yet we still keep him? My god hes a decent talent evaluator but that whole damn point is to win a cup and he has FAILED. End of story

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
If and when we lose tomorrow, McPhee will get another free pass

How many people here would be fired if they failed to do their job in the allotted time?

McPhee's job is to win a cup. He has had 15 years and he has only been past the 2nd round ONCE. AND THAT WASNT EVEN HIS TEAM!

He hasn't been even close and yet we still keep him? My god hes a decent talent evaluator but that whole damn point is to win a cup and he has FAILED. End of story

Pretty much.

Ted will spew some new age nonsense and hand pick a few stats and that'll be that.

Atlas

Sep 7, 2004
Ted is oblivious to winning. He's disconnected from reality. He has convinced himself that he is a man of great virtue and great importance—but he is not. Reality can't get through to a man like that. He's clueless. Even if George retires, Ted doesn't have the mental clarity to hire a great general manager. Caps fans are screwed.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
I'm doing something different for Game 7 this year. I'll watch the game with the radio play by play instead of listening to NBC.

IafrateOvie34

May 14, 2009
Ted is oblivious to winning. He's disconnected from reality. He has convinced himself that he is a man of great virtue and great importance—but he is not. Reality can't get through to a man like that. He's clueless. Even if George retires, Ted doesn't have the mental clarity to hire a great general manager. Caps fans are screwed.

My fear is Ted will hire McGuire :sarcasm:. Win or lose, I see GMGM still around.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Smart that Oates called out the slew foot as preventative maintenance to a potential Green 20 game suspension. Of course the Rags are like trained seals and throw their heads back with any motion to their upper body, probably making it look worse than it was.

I do hope George makes a splash today commenting on the lack of power plays. Mention directly the MP mugging in the corner, and Callahan's dirty and suspension worthy elbow on an unsuspecting player, as clear examples.

Rags fans should be worried about Callahan not just Green.

The fans will go crazy if we get a PP tonight. We must make them pay if so as we are struggling to score at ES.

BobbyCarpenter

Jan 22, 2008
Houston, TX
Smart that Oates called out the slew foot as preventative maintenance to a potential Green 20 game suspension. Of course the Rags are like trained seals and throw their heads back with any motion to their upper body, probably making it look worse than it was.

I do hope George makes a splash today commenting on the lack of power plays. Mention directly the MP mugging in the corner, and Callahan's dirty and suspension worthy elbow on an unsuspecting player, as clear examples.

Rags fans should be worried about Callahan not just Green.

The fans will go crazy if we get a PP tonight. We must make them pay if so as we are struggling to score at ES.

Watch - the Caps will get a PP within the first few minutes of the game and not get another one.

Caps 2-1 in OT. Ward with the winner.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad