GDT: ECQF : 4/23/24 - 7:30PM EDT - #1 WC Tampa Bay @ #1 Florida [GAME 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Florida is just a much better team than Tampa. I'm surprised people had this series going 6 or 7.

Tampa always seemed to have that dog in them where they wouldn't ever quit. I expected them to beat the crap out of the Panthers physically and go down clutching and grabbing worst case.

I think it is a combination of nothing to play for anymore given they won so not much desperation and aging players

Reactions: Kerberos

Felidae

Sep 30, 2016
Vasi is actually playing well too. But there's been so much pressure in front of the net that something was bound to go in.

dhfa

Apr 18, 2023
Tampa always seemed to have that dog in them where they wouldn't ever quit. I expected them to beat the crap out of the Panthers physically and go down clutching and grabbing worst case.

I think it is a combination of nothing to play for anymore given they won so not much desperation and aging players
they were bad last year too. Lost a lot of people and are too soft now.

Reactions: Kerberos

Cats711

Apr 24, 2022
UK
Florida really taking it to Tampa, this could be a blow out. Florida should be the Bees not the Cats as they are swarming all over the Tampa net.🤣

Reactions: aRielzinhooo

Ratsreign

Mar 12, 2018
It was a dive. The Tampa players stick was nowhere near him. Or he just fell. Either way there is not much point watching when the officials aren't good enough to officiate a street pick up game.
Missed call, but not a dive. I think they knocked skates

johnnybbadd

Mar 29, 2011
Tampa is toast. Barring injuries to key players so is the winner of Boston Toronto. Maybe Carolina can take them down but it will be a chore..

AD1066

Sep 30, 2011
These teams do not appear to be of the same ability
I'm not ready to write Tampa off, but it's difficult for any team to stay on top for more than a few years. Three deep runs in recent years, two Cups, now Stamkos and Hedman getting older, plus Sergachev out to start the postseason. Doubtful they can dig deep enough to beat a very talented Panthers squad.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I'm not ready to write Tampa off, but it's difficult for any team to stay on top for more than a few years. Three deep runs in recent years, two Cups, now Stamkos and Hedman getting older, plus Sergachev out to start the postseason. Doubtful they can dig deep enough to beat a very talented Panthers squad.

Caaaarrrrrllllll, that kills people Carl

dhfa

Apr 18, 2023
bolts might be swept. They look lost out there. Refs aside. The panthers are skating circles around them

aRielzinhooo

Dec 17, 2022
Finland
True! They had their moment and they used it. Even before their Cup-runs they had one Final series and some really good regular seasons. I have nothing against Tampa but I hope Panthers win. I hope my countryman Barkov wins the cup. They have the team to do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad