GDT: ECQF : 4/23/24 - 7:30PM EDT - #1 WC Tampa Bay @ #1 Florida [GAME 2]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
If Bob keeps this up, there is nobody in the East who can match this Florida team top to bottom. Bob will be the difference.
Carolina has the potential to do it IMO but they do lack the goaltender. I like Andersen, but I take Bobrovsky over him

They have really good special teams, added a star forward in guentzel and kept the dcore intact (though pesche might be injured)

Pukboy5kroner

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 10, 2007
Carolina has the potential to do it IMO but they do lack the goaltender. I like Andersen, but I take Bobrovsky over him

They have really good special teams, added a star forward in guentzel and kept the dcore intact (though pesche might be injured)
Boston, NY, and Toronto aren't bad either. Some of us just get excited.

Reactions: Duffman955

Mar 26, 2010

Carolina is a juggernaut. I think they are a top predator to win it all this year. The east is stacked.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

Aashir Mallik

Apr 19, 2019
Boston, NY, and Toronto aren't bad either. Some of us just get excited.
It's the playoffs, any team can beat anyone. I think Carolina has the best shot out of the East

If their offence doesn't completely dry up I have them as a very strong contender. No real weakness apart from an elite goalie, but Andersen isn't a scrub either. Carolina has a relenting forecheck too, and have 6 good defencemen who aren't liabilities on either end.

Reactions: Pukboy5kroner

trilobyte

Regulated User
Dec 9, 2008
Calgary, Alberta
Everybody seems to love Hurricanes, especially after getting Guentzel.
Panthers to me look like the most well rounded with large talented bodies willing to give out what the playoffs require. With good goaltending and a good coach, yeah.

I put Rangers up against Canes with a feeling of no fear. Respect but no fear.
Panthers or Lightning I would rather avoid, should the Rangers move on from Round 1.
I'm not getting ahead of myself and taking anything for granted, but I do know what worries me most.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Not that the series is even close to over, but you guys had a great 10+ year run. You should be nothing but proud.

Panthers are definitely in the driver's seat though.
Oh, I am proud. 2 CUPS and 2 more finals(including 2015).

But JBB has f Ed up a bunch. That Jeannot(healthy scratch) trade is awful.

Dumba sucks. Duke is garbage. Sheary is garbage. I could go on and on.

Our GM was handed 4 HOF'ers and possibly a 5th in Point. He's gonna waste some good years of Kuch

Mar 26, 2010
Great game Panthers. You deserved the W.

We are old and tired and mediocre.
I don’t count Tampa out. They are in a tough spot right now, but they have a solid team still with elite goaltending. This game could have gone either way very easily.

TheBeard

He fixes the cable?
Jul 12, 2019
Vegass
Theres always one series that’s far and away the most intense of the first round. This appears to be that series.
I'm not gonna lie, watching this game as a B's fan made me kinda think neither the B's or Leafs could have played as intense as both the Panthers & Tampa played tonight.

Panteras

“I’ll remember this hell of a journey”- Barkov
Sep 14, 2009
Panther’s favorite strip club
Oh, I am proud. 2 CUPS and 2 more finals(including 2015).

But JBB has f Ed up a bunch. That Jeannot(healthy scratch) trade is awful.

Dumba sucks. Duke is garbage. Sheary is garbage. I could go on and on.

Our GM was handed 4 HOF'ers and possibly a 5th in Point. He's gonna waste some good years of Kuch
And yet both games have been close and could’ve gone either way, specially tonight. Lots of respect from our side and we won’t take Tampa lightly even if we go up 3-0.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad