ECQF: (2) Boston Bruins vs (3) Toronto Maple Leafs | Boston Leads Series 3-2

Game 5?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
So I guess Kadri was not suspended for the rest of the year? (For the dozens of posters who made the same joke and all believed they were the first to think it up).

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
I thought the turning point was Pastrnak hammering it off the post with an empty net.
Close game, Leafs deserved it. Obviously I didn't love the puck over glass penalty, but meh, crap happens.

On to game 4. Huge game for both teams.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
I thought the turning point was Pastrnak hammering it off the post with an empty net.
Close game, Leafs deserved it. Obviously I didn't love the puck over glass penalty, but meh, crap happens.

On to game 4. Huge game for both teams.
Very true. I am glad you are not joining the crazy conspiracy that the refs missed that on purpose to help the Leafs. It got ridiculous on here last night.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
You make a good point. Personally, IMO I don't feel momentum carries game-to-game (in the playoffs). No doubt though, if they are able to tie the series and then get the addition of Kadri it would be great confidence for them moving forward, especially if Pleks can build off of his Game #3 performance. At this point, the Leafs just have to take it a game at a time without looking too far ahead.

Game #3 could have gone either way honestly, glad we won that game! It was a huge, confidence building win. You've got to expect the Bruins to amp it up for Game #4, which means we have to take it up a gear as well to win, which is positive because I don't think we've played our BEST game yet. With Kadri coming back for Game #5, it bodes well for matchups and being able to ice 4 solid lines in Boston.

Yeah, at this point, I am just glad that Kadri gets another shot to play in this series. Game 4 will be tough. I can't imagine that top line being shutdown for two games in a row. They will probably end up on the score sheet so the Leafs need to be better with the puck.

cneely

Jan 6, 2005
Very true. I am glad you are not joining the crazy conspiracy that the refs missed that on purpose to help the Leafs. It got ridiculous on here last night.

I'm sure you were the level headed voice of reason.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
When the leafs got their chances, they were serious goddamn chances. I could see this being a homebarn series. Could definitely go to 7. You guys aren't giving the leafs enough credit.
My prediction pre series was that it would go 7 games with the home team winning all games. Reason being Leafs road record isn't great, and both Bruins and Leafs have an amazing record. Once game 7 comes it can go either way.

Sweet Leaf

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Kappanen is matched against 4th liners and he's looking like Guy Lafleur. The Bruins have a massive match up problem there.

Except he can't finish! At some point he has to break through doesn't he? He's been good for creating 3-4 odd man rushes every game and 1 or 2 flat out breakaways. Can't get it in the net though.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Kappanen is matched against 4th liners and he's looking like Guy Lafleur. The Bruins have a massive match up problem there.

Except he can't finish! At some point he has to break through doesn't he?
Kaps really should not be on the 4th line. Way too skilled. He's better than just aboiut anyone on the 4th line anywhere.

Bedards Dad

I was in the pool!!
Nov 3, 2011
Toronto

Except he can't finish! At some point he has to break through doesn't he? He's been good for creating 3-4 odd man rushes every game and 1 or 2 flat out breakaways. Can't get it in the net though.

3 posts in 3 games, with 2 coming on breakaways where he showed that he is the fastest player on either team. Eventually one of those is going in.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
We traded to get Plek for EXACTLY this role.

Not using him to shut down Berg would be foolish. He just has had Berg's number his whole career. Let him work.

Slot Kadri in 2nd line center if we win the series.

This is patiently false.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/121722867/

Out of his top 50 matchups for his career, he has spent the most time against Pleks and has a 55.8 CF against him.

Against Montreal, Bergeron has a .76 PPG, which is right at his career average and a +10

Sweet Leaf

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
Flipping Brown and Kaps would seem to make sense except I think Brown gives the Bozak line a needed defensive/physical component the staff doesn't think Kap brings right now. Also the Bozak line looks like a match up problem as is for the Bruins right now so no need to change. I thought through the first 2 periods last night the Bozak line might have been our best line playing against the Bruins' 3rd/4th lines.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
Flipping Brown and Kaps would seem to make sense except I think Brown gives the Bozak line a needed defensive/physical component the staff doesn't think Kap brings right now. Also the Bozak line looks like a match up problem as is for the Bruins right now so no need to change. I thought through the first 2 periods last night the Bozak line might have been our best line playing against the Bruins' 3rd/4th lines.
I want the fastest player on either team and the guy who keeps getting breakaways on the ice a lot more.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
So I guess Kadri was not suspended for the rest of the year? (For the dozens of posters who made the same joke and all believed they were the first to think it up).
It will be even funnier when Naz scores the game winning goal in game 5 :naughty:

Sweet Leaf

Jun 24, 2013
Toronto
This is patiently false.

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/posts/121722867/

Out of his top 50 matchups for his career, he has spent the most time against Pleks and has a 55.8 CF against him.

Against Montreal, Bergeron has a .76 PPG, which is right at his career average and a +10

It's clear to see that Bergy and Marchand loathe Plekanek and you don't hate players who are easy to play against. It should be obvious they don't like playing against him and there is good reason for that. His wingers in Montreal were terrible.

3rdLiner

Jan 21, 2011
Cape Cod
I think Freddy made some insane stops. The bruins could not capitalize on like 5-7 net front scrambles though. The Chara and mcquaid goals were meh. If you need to lose at least you didn't get embarrassed. As much as a said game one was closer than it looked this was even closer.

Game 4 biggest game yet. Hopefully all the David's and nashs on Boston get there heads out there asses.

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
It's clear to see that Bergy and Marchand loathe Plekanek and you don't hate players who are easy to play against. It should be obvious they don't like playing against him and there is good reason for that. His wingers in Montreal were terrible.

They might " hate " to play against him, which is purely subjective. I don't think they liked the open ice hit Pleks put on Bergeron and the both he and Marchand responded by hitting him along the boards last night. What isn't subjective are Bergeron's numbers against him and to say that Plek has had his number his entire career, which is false.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce