ECQF: (1) Tampa Bay Lightning vs. (WC2) New Jersey Devils | Tampa Leads Series 3-1

who will win?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
The Lightning going 6-7 with NJ is not good for them, win or lose. they should be winning in 5 (for ideal playoff picture: edit)
I wouldn't be so sure about that with the Bolts. They always seem to suck after getting some time off. That being said, the year they made the finals they took the f***ing Red Wings to 7 games... Ideally they win in 5 but I'm fine as long as we win.

Nico the Draft Riser

Devils, Rams, Hawks, Twins fan
Nov 18, 2017
NJ could lose the next two and the fans should still be happy - Hall, Hischier, Butcher, Vatanen all scored. Good bottom six young guys like Noesen and Coleman scored. And the team got to feel what a playoff win at home is like.

Thats all Shero wanted for NJ was playoff experience. We even burned a year off one of our prospect’s contracts so he could practice during the playoffs. Playoff experience is worth a ton, the rest is icing on the cake.

Cheddabombs

Status Quo
Mar 13, 2012
The games started and normies started showing up and ruining everything.

So disappointing.

I was guilty of it in the past but now this is why I stick to the Devils board for hockey talk and only venture outside for memes. Too many people get too riled up too fast aha

Reactions: Dialamo

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
So disappointing.

I was guilty of it in the past but now this is why I stick to the Devils board for hockey talk and only venture outside for memes. Too many people get too riled up too fast aha
I fall victim myself when the games get started. I see an opportunity to troll and I take it. It's not as fun as Reddit though. Folks here take everything a bit too seriously.

Reactions: Dialamo

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
Well only one franchise can come out of this series embarrassed and it isnt the 2nd wild card

One has expectations the other doesnt. You know, for every fan claiming Hall is the entire NJ team, its pretty sad then that the series is only 2-1 and Jersey has scored ten goals in three games...

Wow. You need to chill dude. NJ is a good team. 97 points. This is the SC playoffs. There are no easy outs. I picked the Bolts in 6. Every team is good now. The Bolts just took the Devils best punch and actually lead in the 3rd period. I think we'll be ok and NJ has a lot to build on.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Wow. You need to chill dude. NJ is a good team. 97 points. This is the SC playoffs. There are no easy outs. I picked the Bolts in 6. Every team is good now. The Bolts just took the Devils best punch and actually lead in the 3rd period. I think we'll be ok and NJ has a lot to build on.
That dude spent the whole week before the playoffs chirping and then disappeared until NJ managed to take a game when TB beat themselves. Disregard him completely.

Nico the Draft Riser

Nov 18, 2017
Lol why do I need to chill exactly? Did I seem heated to you? any recommendations on how I can calm down, yoga maybe?

The Winter Soldier

Apr 4, 2011
I enjoyed the 3rd period of this game. Devils were down 1-0 when I flipped channels, and then Hall scored to tie it up. He then set up Noesen for the game winner.

Game was chippy and dirty. Mostly from the TB players. Really this one is turning into one of the better series of the first rd. Lots of emotion.

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Lets raise it to the rafters! Luckily for NJ a cup isnt expected, unfortunate for Tampa one is so you better hope with all this trash talk they win
Yeah. I'm fine with supporting a team where excellence is expected, not a happy surprise we can all feel good about.

Enjoy all that.

Nico the Draft Riser

Nov 18, 2017
That may be even a bigger thing than winning three regular season games.
You know Id expect Tampa to be a bit more caring about three regular season games considering theyve missed the playoffs three of the last six years with good to great teams.

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Is there no hearing on Sergachev's hit? There isn't even a thread on it over here. That was definitely intentional.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Is there no hearing on Sergachev's hit? There isn't even a thread on it over here. That was definitely intentional.

I dont think you can conclude this. He wasn't even looking at him. In a replay of his front side he looks like hes looking at going to the bench. From the other view from the back it looks like he is intentional. There is no way to know for sure.

Nico the Draft Riser

Nov 18, 2017
What do past seasons have to do with this season's games?
Hard to make the connection huh?

Firstly your own fan base seems to think highly of Tampa's success (wherever that may be, maybe lost in the early 2000's). Then your cute backhanded comment about losing three regular season games to NJ as if it doesnt matter, yet win three more games in a few more regular seasons and maybe Tampa would make the playoffs for more than four years in a row. Quite the expectation of excellence as your fellow fan stated.

Poor Tampa, Stamkos Hedman Kucherov Killor Palat Johnson etc. and they can barely make the playoffs for a consistent timeframe

Oneiro

Mar 28, 2013
Stupid shit talking aside, I was even more impressed with Tampa in person last night.

The toughest thing in hockey is to have a well-structured team that is talented enough to go off-script at the right time. You guys have that.

Devils have to take the board battles to come on top in this series. It's good for our young players because, by nature, the team wants to play very east-west (outside of Zajac's line) and you can't win a series trying to stick to that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad