ECHL 2020-21 Season Plans

Roadhog

May 3, 2020
Toronto
Yeah, because an usher would have that kind of insider information...

But his usher was a "regular." If they'd been an "irregular," THEN you'd have good reason to doubt their story.

I'm a little skeptical myself, but here's the message my friend received from said usher:

Hey! It hasn’t been released publicly. You may have heard as season ticket holders - but the Beast have folded for good. No more ECHL in Brampton. A friend of mine is good friends with some of the players and staff. He was shown an email this afternoon.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
But his usher was a "regular." If they'd been an "irregular," THEN you'd have good reason to doubt their story.
A friend of mine who has been a Coliseum (and several other venues) usher for years has broken quite a few big Islanders developments on another Isles board (For example: The team planning to return home to play games at the Zombie Coliseum. He told us it was in the works and going to happen before it became public). When it comes to things like this there's a pretty good chance a guy like that is telling the truth.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
I'm a little skeptical myself, but here's the message my friend received from said usher:

Hey! It hasn’t been released publicly. You may have heard as season ticket holders - but the Beast have folded for good. No more ECHL in Brampton. A friend of mine is good friends with some of the players and staff. He was shown an email this afternoon.

There is one post on Twitter about this (post at 1546 ET today), from a user to the Beast referencing this usher as a source. I couldn't find any posts on Facebook about it. If there was an email, especially one being shown to "outsiders", there's just about a 100% chance that news would be in a lot more places by now.

To be clear, I'm not saying the news isn't true, only that I'm not convinced the people saying it actually know the information is factual.

hurricanesfan123

May 1, 2019
North America
that tweet mentioned was replied by the beast. This usher rumor appears to be not true

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 12.02.09 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-11-23 at 12.02.09 PM.png
    70.5 KB · Views: 10
Reactions: 210

Roadhog

May 3, 2020
Toronto
There is one post on Twitter about this (post at 1546 ET today), from a user to the Beast referencing this usher as a source. I couldn't find any posts on Facebook about it. If there was an email, especially one being shown to "outsiders", there's just about a 100% chance that news would be in a lot more places by now.

To be clear, I'm not saying the news isn't true, only that I'm not convinced the people saying it actually know the information is factual.
I asked my friend to see if the usher can get his hands on this e-mail. Its probably a bit of a misunderstanding on his part and it has more to do with the 20-21 shutdown than the team folding.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
If I were you I wouldn't be wasting any more time on this...
The pandemic landscape is littered with fruitless endeavors. Though originally in favor of dismissing this rumor out of hand, now I'd kinda like to see it play out just to break the boredom. :popcorn:

Reactions: Roadhog

GindyDraws

I will not disable my Adblock, HF
Mar 13, 2014
Indianapolis
that tweet mentioned was replied by the beast. This usher rumor appears to be not true

This'll sound silly, but given the Beast, I'll take the usher over the club itself. Not because the Beast are a bad organization, but Brampton hasn't and never will support hockey. It's a primarily Asian community that lost an OHL club after 15+ years of little success in the stands, had two junior clubs merge then fold, and the Beast themselves haven't had anything to hang their hats on, on ice or (like the Battalion that moved) in attendance.

The only motivation they have to carry on is the belief that, because they're in the GTA, they should get recognition, and yet it has never worked out. Would I rather have more minor league teams in Canada? Sure. It would mean that not every market would have to worry about being left out of the CHL game, yet the markets that would be available after the CHL has their fill would be very limited due to various factors. I'd like a return to Fredericton, but that'll never happen due to the local college, for example.

sabremike

Friend To All Giraffes And Lindy Ruff
Aug 30, 2010
Brewster, NY
This'll sound silly, but given the Beast, I'll take the usher over the club itself. Not because the Beast are a bad organization, but Brampton hasn't and never will support hockey. It's a primarily Asian community that lost an OHL club after 15+ years of little success in the stands, had two junior clubs merge then fold, and the Beast themselves haven't had anything to hang their hats on, on ice or (like the Battalion that moved) in attendance.

The only motivation they have to carry on is the belief that, because they're in the GTA, they should get recognition, and yet it has never worked out. Would I rather have more minor league teams in Canada? Sure. It would mean that not every market would have to worry about being left out of the CHL game, yet the markets that would be available after the CHL has their fill would be very limited due to various factors. I'd like a return to Fredericton, but that'll never happen due to the local college, for example.
Question: Weren't they basically surviving by being on the dole with the city and the city recently cut them off? If that's true wouldn't that pretty much be the end?

wildcat48

Jul 16, 2005
Portland, Maine

Not that I would believe the usher without verifying and getting a second source, but the Brampton response doesn't exactly bode well for their return. I view the Brampton response more as a non-denial denial. It's a nice magician trick but only thing left is to call in the movers.

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
Not that I would believe the usher without verifying and getting a second source, but the Brampton response doesn't exactly bode well for their return. I view the Brampton response more as a non-denial denial. It's a nice magician trick but only thing left is to call in the movers.

Don't apply rules of ethics and journalism to a message board. That's like trying to teach a dog not to lick his own balls.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com

I have little doubt Brampton is in trouble. I just absolutely don't believe the usher, and once that part of the chain breaks the rest is immaterial.

CrazyEddie20

Hey RuZZia - Cut Your Losses and Go Home.
Jun 26, 2007
Back of a cop car
I have little doubt Brampton is in trouble. I just absolutely don't believe the usher, and once that part of the chain breaks the rest is immaterial.

Neither do I, but let's not forget that this didn't come directly from an usher, this came from a post from a guy "who knows an usher." So it's an anonymous poster claiming to have a source. If it was the usher himself, it's one thing, but this is the definition of hearsay. It's not that I don't believe an usher, it's that I don't believe anyone on a message board who claims to have sources while hiding behind a pseudonym.

Mar 5, 2003
Worcester, MA
210sportsblog.com
Neither do I, but let's not forget that this didn't come directly from an usher, this came from a post from a guy "who knows an usher." So it's an anonymous poster claiming to have a source. If it was the usher himself, it's one thing, but this is the definition of hearsay. It's not that I don't believe an usher, it's that I don't believe anyone on a message board who claims to have sources while hiding behind a pseudonym.

I wouldn't have believed the usher had they posted it here themselves. Too many disconnects from point A to point B for it to make any sense.

JMCx4

Censorship is the Sincerest Form of Flattery
Sep 3, 2017
St. Louis, MO
... It's not that I don't believe an usher, it's that I don't believe anyone on a message board who claims to have sources while hiding behind a pseudonym.
Says "CrazyEddie20" with a purloined booking photo for an avatar. Lemme see your license & registration, son. :nono:

Reactions: sabremike

Atlantian

Dec 13, 2017
Atlanta, GA
Look. We can debate about this all we want but the beast are done. Whether they announce it now or after the season doesn’t matter. There is absolutely no way they come back from this. They don’t draw fans. They’re not getting their ridiculous subsidy from the city. They’re in a town that has a history of not supporting hockey. It’s time they cut their losses.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad