ECF Game 1: Florida Panthers @ Carolina Hurricanes | 8:00PM ET | TNT, CBC, SN, TVAS

Status
Not open for further replies.

WhereO Is Kakko

Mar 24, 2022
Series far from over, any game that goes this long is purely a random coin toss. The last 2 periods didn’t even resemble pre-season hockey from either team let alone playoffs.
Dunno.

Not sure how Canes recover mentally. This was not their best game by any stretch and those last 10 seconds by super-vets Slavin, then Burns, then Slavin, then Burns again were horrific.

All on home ice.

And now everyone calling for Raanta to save the day LMAO.

Reactions: Aashir Mallik

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Funny how the Canes probably should have scored 3 goals in the first period alone and then only finished with 1 more in the next 6 periods.

Both goalies were incredible, but Bobrovsky was just on another level. This game could have been over after 30 mins if not for him. And then he made some ten bellers in OT.

Felt like the Canes kind of "punched themselves out" after the first 5-6 periods and the Panthers started to take advantage of the slower pace.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
Dunno.

Not sure how Canes recover mentally. This was not their best game by any stretch and those last 10 seconds by super-vets Slavin, then Burns, then Slavin, then Burns again were horrific.

All on home ice.

Freddie is the only reason this game didn't end much earlier. Kept the Canes in it during OT. They looked terrible in the extra frames, kept wondering how their shot total was rising cause it felt like a lot of shots were not dangerous where as Freddie had to make 3-4 point blank stops on players all alone in front.

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
Dunno.

All on home ice.

I'd rather be Canes at home losing this game than FLA on road losing this...no question better chance they find a way to even this...but games 3 and 4 I am not sure if the home ice edge is bigger now if there is lingering fatigue where matchups matter more and its magnified

LGBlues

Feb 25, 2014
Thar's okay Carolina - if you had to lose, why not see Tkachuk create tension in the Panther locker room.

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Funny how the Canes probably should have scored 3 goals in the first period alone and then only finished with 1 more in the next 6 periods.

Both goalies were incredible, but Bobrovsky was just on another level. This game could have been over after 30 mins if not for him. And then made some ten bellers in OT
Bob made probably the greatest save of the night with the diving glove save (think it was in the third).

But Andersen was as good in OT as Bob. Hurricanes looked awful from second OT onward and gave up some atrocious chances that Andersen bailed them out consistently on.

Reactions: ProjectPanthers

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me

bar1

Apr 16, 2012
That must be a hell of a test on goalies joints. I'd rest the starting goalie for the next game to prevent injuries. Car has it beat on backups since Raanta has been a solid goalie when stayed healthy. I'd put him in just because of this.

Reactions: 5minutemajor

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Bob made probably the greatest save of the night with the diving glove save (think it was in the third).

But Andersen was as good in OT as Bob. Hurricanes looked awful from second OT onward and gave up some atrocious chances that Andersen bailed them out consistently on.
Agreed in OT, Andersen and Bobrovsky were equally unbelievable.

But it doesn't get to OT if not for Bobrovsky. And Andersen would probably say he'd want one or both of the Barkov and Verhaege goals back. Heck, the Tkachuk goal was a great shot but he still got beat clean past the glove.

Nothing Bobrovsky could do on either of the Canes goals.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
R.jpg

dechire

TBL Stanley Cup Champs 2020 2021
Jul 8, 2014
inconnu
I looked back. Generally teams that lose in 4/5 (Sometimes 3) OT don't end up winning the series.

Bruins never recovered after losing in 3 OT in 1990 Finals.

I don't think Tampa would have won the Cup in 2020 if they lost that 5OT game against Columbus. CBJ had swept them brutally in 2019 and that game felt like an absolute do-or-die moment for the entire franchise. Games like this can have huge repercussions.

GoldenSeal

Believe In The Note
Dec 1, 2013
Out West
Needed SIX Power Plays to score 2 of 3 goals.

Canes are tough but the Cats have proven themselves worthy. Now can they make it?

Chips

Aug 19, 2015
I love the Canes arena announcer announcing the the 6th intermission “I’m so so sorry!” Lol. Idk if someone else has the video or if I can link Reddit but it was funny

Louie the Blue

Because it's a trap
Jul 27, 2010
Agreed in OT, Andersen and Bobrovsky were equally unbelievable.

But it doesn't get to OT if not for Bobrovsky. And Andersen would probably say he'd want one or both of the Barkov and Verhaege goals back. Heck, the Tkachuk goal was a great shot but he still got beat clean past the glove.

Nothing Bobrovsky could do on either of the Canes goals.
Yeah, the Jarvis goal was absolutely beautiful and there was nothing Bob could have done.

And I agree regarding regulation. I thought Hurricanes were the better the team then while in OT Florida dominated.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

thaman8765678

Jun 11, 2011
Complete dominance by the Panthers in the 4 OTs. The Canes had no chance 5v5, only scored on the PP and the 5 on 3 call was completely gifted by the refs. Hats of to Carolina but they aren't as good as Florida.
Lol, I thought it was pretty evenly matched with Florida having the better quality chances overall.

But to say dominance is a bit much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad