GDT: ECF #6 - 05/29/14 | Montreal Canadiens @ New York Rangers | 8:00 - NBC SPORTS, CBC

Status
Not open for further replies.

abev

Sep 30, 2005
NY
www.fakepuppy.com
Historical records - whowins.com

HISTORICAL VICTORY PROBABILITIES: Leading 3-games-2:
series record, NHL only, all rounds: 273-77 (.780)
Game 6 record, NHL only, Semifinals round: 44-29 (.603)

HISTORICAL VICTORY PROBABILITIES: Leading 3-games-2 @ VVHHV:
series record, NHL only, Semifinals round: 24-7 (.774)
Game 6 record, NHL only, Semifinals round: 22-9 (.710)

HISTORICAL VICTORY PROBABILITIES: Leading WWLWL:
series record, NHL only, Semifinals round: 4-0 (1.000)
Game 6 record, NHL only, Semifinals round: 4-0 (1.000)

HISTORICAL VICTORY PROBABILITIES: Leading WWLWL @ VVHHV:
series record, NHL only, Semifinals round: 2-0 (1.000)
Game 6 record, NHL only, Semifinals round: 2-0 (1.000)

jwelles17

Apr 23, 2012
The 32-year-old is a career 10-2 when facing elimination. In six career Game 7 appearances, Lundqvist is 5-1 with a 1.00 goals-against average and a .965 save percentage, with one shutout

Seeing as Montreal is saying this is an elimination game for us since they guarantee a win in game 7... good stats to have...

Does anyone have the stats on Lundy in games following a playoff loss?

Doctyl

Play-ins Manager
Jan 25, 2011
Bofflol
The 32-year-old is a career 10-2 when facing elimination. In six career Game 7 appearances, Lundqvist is 5-1 with a 1.00 goals-against average and a .965 save percentage, with one shutout

Seeing as Montreal is saying this is an elimination game for us since they guarantee a win in game 7... good stats to have...

Does anyone have the stats on Lundy in games following a playoff loss?

They're very good. Im pretty sure he's 5-1 in his career after giving up 4 goals in the playoffs

Zucc36

Jan 8, 2011
Brass, Zucc and Poo has to step it up. Unacceptable point production in the last 3-4 games. That line is way over due to score goals.

McDonagh

Slow it down 30GHz
Mar 8, 2009
I'm more confident in this game than I was in Game 5. Lundqvist at home after getting embarrassed in Bell Centre? Just get him 2 goals. Going back to Montreal for Game 7... I know we are the Game 7 champs but that would be the ultimate test, I can't see them winning that game.

blue425

Apr 14, 2007
NYC
www.streetwars.net
I said to my brother yesterday:

"Last night was a circus, but I would have rather the Rangers lost that way then a game where Hank stands on his head and they lose 2-1, or in OT".

What happened to the Kings last night is exactly what I didn't want to happen to the boys.

They will play a strong game tonight, Hank will be the Hank that we have been spoiled to have over the last nine seasons, and the Rangers will earn the right to play for the cup.

See you on the flip side.

beastly115

Oct 12, 2007
Brass, Zucc and Poo has to step it up. Unacceptable point production in the last 3-4 games. That line is way over due to score goals.

Has Brass actually played the last 3-4 games? Wasn't he injured or was he really that invisible?

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest
I just can't see Lundqvist throwing up two stinkers in a row. If we lose tonight, its going to be because our forwards don't show up.

That being said, there is no excuse for us to lose this one. We have the crowd, the matchups, and an unproven, overaggressive goalie at the other end.

Rangers win 4-2. Goals by Kreider, Nash, Pouliot, and Diaz(!).

P.S. If they start trying to over pass and over handle the puck on the PP like they did last game, I'm going to break something. Get the puck to the net. I'm looking at you, McDonagh.

jerseyjinx94

I jinx players.
Jan 11, 2012
Miami, FL
Studying for the Bar Exam.

Mnemonic for the guilty state of minds.

Purpose, Knowledge, Intent, Willful, Reckless, Criminal Negligence

P.K. Is [a] Whiny Runt Crybaby

HatTrick Swayze

Just Be Nice
Jun 16, 2006
Chicago
So, here's the dilemma:

I've worn a certain jersey for every elimination game this year and the Rangers have won while I was wearing this jersey every time. Do I wear this jersey tonight or does is squash the mojo because it's not an elimination game?

Haha I have the exact same superstition. Have worn it every elimination game this far. I will not be wearing it tonight.

AHB*

Has Brass actually played the last 3-4 games? Wasn't he injured or was he really that invisible?

You must have missed that massive goal he scored in Game 4.

I am sick about tonight. I've never felt this weird going to a game. But then again, I've waited my whole life to see one of this magnitude.

I expect it to be a madhouse.

MGF0723

Jan 2, 2013
New York, NY
So, here's the dilemma:

I've worn a certain jersey for every elimination game this year and the Rangers have won while I was wearing this jersey every time. Do I wear this jersey tonight or does is squash the mojo because it's not an elimination game?

I'm was in that same dilemma. Don't wear it.

InHenrikWeTrust

Apr 20, 2012
Read this in the Post this morning...

"goalie Henrik Lundqvist hardly blinks while facing elimination, carrying a 10-2 record over the past three seasons, with a 1.32 goals-against average and a .957 save percentage.
But those numbers in games when they have had a chance to close a team out, not in a Game 7?
He is 0-5, with a 5.53 goals-against average and a .808 save percentage. In four of those games he was pulled midway through, including Tuesday night in Montreal, when he gave up four goals on 19 shots and lasted just 28:58 before getting replaced by Cam Talbot."

Yikes...

ajdj10

Feb 14, 2012
Neverland

"goalie Henrik Lundqvist hardly blinks while facing elimination, carrying a 10-2 record over the past three seasons, with a 1.32 goals-against average and a .957 save percentage.
But those numbers in games when they have had a chance to close a team out, not in a Game 7?
He is 0-5, with a 5.53 goals-against average and a .808 save percentage. In four of those games he was pulled midway through, including Tuesday night in Montreal, when he gave up four goals on 19 shots and lasted just 28:58 before getting replaced by Cam Talbot."

Yikes...
In Henrik we trust I guess...

Wolfy*

You must have missed that massive goal he scored in Game 4.

I am sick about tonight. I've never felt this weird going to a game. But then again, I've waited my whole life to see one of this magnitude.

I expect it to be a madhouse.

Last time was exactly 20 years ago. Rangers will go to the SCF, the hockey gods have spoken ;)

But what a battle this series has been, injuries and suspensions on both sides.

We should bounce back in our own building after a bad performance in game 5. I said Rangers in 6 before the series, so here we go.

Nickmo82

Mar 31, 2012
Japan
AAARRGGHHHHH!!! Still 11 hours to go.

This team is due a dominating performance. Make it happen.

Beer League Sniper

Homeless Man's Rick Nash
Apr 27, 2010
City in a Forest

Yikes...

Those are some ugly numbers, but I think some of the blame should be laid at the feet of the skaters. The goals Lundqvist gave up on Tuesday were on high-quality chances, barring the Plekanec shot, which I thought he should have had. It's beyond frustrating that this team, goalie and skaters both, only seems to respond when their backs are against the wall.

Hi ImHFNYR

Jan 10, 2013
Wherever I'm standing atm

Yikes...

Teams come out and play for their PO lives and the whole team ****s the bed including the goalie. But this isn't a scrub team facing a #1 washington seeded team. I'd be surprised and very disappointed if this particular team repeats what they did last time. I expect a real good game to be played by the NYR. Dunno if they'll win but even if they lose we'll see a good team come out today. As much as blind folks like to pretend that losing price cost the Habs games 1 and 2 the fact is that we saw the NYR run the Habs out of the building. Outskated them, outhustled them, out chanced them, out played them. Games 3 and 4 they played poorly in spurts and well in spurts. Game 5 they played the same as they did in 3 and 4 but this time Henrik failed to bail them out so it spiraled. So we have not seen the NYR play well as a team since game 2.

Brotiful

Jan 20, 2013
Orlando, FL
Henrik will come up big, I have no doubt about it. He was made a fool of last game and we have to remember, his overall stats in Bell Center haven't been that great.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad