Who wins?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
I'm pretty excited for this game 7. It should be a battle. Like any 1-game series, it will come down to goaltending.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
Without question Tampa will bring it for game 7. It's going to be a battle and could easily go either way
TBH I've never seen TB play with desperation. Usually they just play good. Especially when their opponent allows them to. But they don't seem to be a very emotional team and Cooper is not a very emotional coach.

Whats their record in the elimination games under him?

Cyclones Rock

Jun 12, 2008
As bad as Tampa has looked to me (they were so, so good the few months of the season), they are still a 50-50 proposition to advance to the finals. And that is too bad.

Last edited:

Sentinel

May 26, 2009
New Jersey
www.vvinenglish.com
I really don't think we'll win. Too many guys are just happy to be there.

This is a disappointing CF considering how well we handled the Bruins. I hope the organization isn't happy with an ECF showing if this ends tomorrow - some passengers need to be shipped off.
Who else do you want? You have the Rangers entire defense from a couple years ago when they were the best in the League. Are they all so washed-out now?

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Steven Stamkos was disappointed after the effort from his team. “They were the more desperate team. They played like it might be their last game. We played like it might be, it might not be. The desperation level needs to be higher for us. First period, we had some pushes, they had some pushes. For whatever reason, in the second period, we were just a step behind. They got some momentum from that.”

After every single game. It's getting real old without the actions to back it up.

Reactions: Sentinel

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Who else do you want? You have the Rangers entire defense from a couple years ago when they were the best in the League. Are they all so washed-out now?
Only ex-Ranger I had an issue with last game was Miller for that stupid f***ing fight. But guys like Killorn and a few others are just dead weight more often than not.

CapsDC

May 2, 2018
A lot of discussion on local talk radio today about whether the Caps can match that level of intensity and physicality again. And everyone assumes they'll probably have to match it or come very close to win game 7, because TB is a really good team who will come out firing in an elimination game. Nobody really knows, humans aren't robots that have a finite measurable amount of energy or drive. They were in survival mode and expended a ton of energy taking it to TB in game 6 so they'll have to dig very deep for game 7. How much do they have left

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
I felt like looking into it.

Game 1:
''That's a good hockey team over there, and they outplayed us tonight,'' Stamkos said. ''In hindsight, we were in this same position in the last round and found a way to respond.''
Added Lightning winger Ryan Callahan: ''We've just got to put it behind us. We've been in this situation before, unfortunately. You don't want to be, but you don't have to look too far to draw back on the way we responded against Boston. We have to do the same here.''

Game 2:
''We've defended this entire playoffs up until these last couple of games, and that's why we've had success,'' Stamkos said. ''We haven't defended with the same urgency. We're leaving our goalie out to dry.''

Game 3:
''We haven't done anything yet,'' Stamkos said. ''The goal is to win a championship, but you can't look too far ahead. We've made it a series.''

Game 4:
''When you don't have your `A' game, you need your goalie to have his `A' game,'' Cooper said. ''And he sure did.''

Game 5:
''We haven't won anything yet,'' Cooper said Saturday night after Cedric Paquette scored in the opening minute and Andrei Vasilevskiy stopped 28 shots to help the Lightning hold off the Caps 3-2 in Game 5 of the Eastern Conference final.

Game 6:
Steven Stamkos was disappointed after the effort from his team. “They were the more desperate team. They played like it might be their last game. We played like it might be, it might not be. The desperation level needs to be higher for us. First period, we had some pushes, they had some pushes. For whatever reason, in the second period, we were just a step behind. They got some momentum from that.”

3 quotes about how they aren't preforming the way they need to be/poor efforts, 2 quotes about knowing the series isn't over and they still have to play hard and 1 about Vasy absolutely bailing them out of another bad showing.

Yet nothing one the ice to show that they actually believe any of it

Walt Comiskey

Feb 26, 2009
A lot of discussion on local talk radio today about whether the Caps can match that level of intensity and physicality again. And everyone assumes they'll probably have to match it or come very close to win game 7, because TB is a really good team who will come out firing in an elimination game. Nobody really knows, humans aren't robots that have a finite measurable amount of energy or drive. They were in survival mode and expended a ton of energy taking it to TB in game 6 so they'll have to dig very deep for game 7. How much do they have left
IMO, last year the Pens tanked Game 6 because they were so worn out from game 5, and put everything on Game 7. The Caps, of course, were so drained from 5 & 6 that they had nothing in game 7. The Pens saved energy for 1 game. Last night, the Bolts most certainly did NOT tank, they were more spent than the Caps by the end. This could be their undoing. They should have used the house money for game 7, and let the Caps burn themselves out. Neither team has much left.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
Yet nothing one the ice to show that they actually believe any of it

Or they really could be trying (how could they not) and are just making excuses when they lose while trying to manage expectations when they win. Like most athletes.

Reactions: CapsDC

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Mehh.. we won 3 games in a row. Win game 7 and its all good, lose game 7 and BLOW THE WHOLE DAMN THING UP. AMIRIGHT?
We won 3 games in a row by taking leads and then just hoping our goaltender could keep us in the lead instead of playing to win. We just played not to lose.

I get that this fanbase isn't allowed to be critical of the team without the snide remarks, but it is what it is.

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
I don't think Ovi is going to let the caps lose, and after last night I think Holtby gaa another big performance in him.

Caps win 2-1 with an Ovi gane winner

Icarium

Feb 16, 2010
I am impressed by the Caps, they have turned a page mentally, I didn't think they had it in them prior to these playoffs. But do they have it in them to stop Kunitz from scoring another ECF Game 7 winner?!? ;)

Tampa's top line need to show up 5 on 5 more often than once in a blue moon, when Callahan and Kunitz are more noticeable than Stamkos and Kucherov you have a problem, you can't rely on the 4th line scoring two goals, as happened in Game 5.

Reactions: Mikey 48

philip

dismember
Jun 27, 2014
I am impressed by the Caps, they have turned a page mentally, I didn't think they had it in them prior to these playoffs. But do they have it in them to stop Kunitz from scoring another ECF Game 7 winner?!? ;)

Tampa's top line need to show up 5 on 5 more often than once in a blue moon, when Callahan and Kunitz are more noticeable than Stamkos and Kucherov you have a problem, you can't rely on the 4th line scoring two goals, as happened in Game 5.
If that motherf***er scores a game winner, I'm gonna have to jump off something high

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
We won 3 games in a row by taking leads and then just hoping our goaltender could keep us in the lead instead of playing to win. We just played not to lose.

I get that this fanbase isn't allowed to be critical of the team without the snide remarks, but it is what it is.

No you are right we are getting outplayed no doubt about it. Washington is big fast and lots of skill. They are the better team but Vasi has kept us in it. The crazy thing is that just because Washington is the better team doesn’t mean they will win tomorrow. It won’t be the first or last time the “better” team lost. Sometimes your goalie have to stand on their head. They are a big part of the reason you get there in the first place too.

Washington isn’t exactly without holes too. They got up 2-0 against us and we are playing game 7 tomorrow. They even had to tie it up themselves to get here. We can criticize TB all we want but Washington has done some things in this series to justify the score of it. Listen the playoffs are tough and you can’t make too many mistakes. There is far too good teams still playing. TB has done a good job in taking advantage of some of these opportunities. We had some last night but we didn’t take advantage of them. If we can force them to make some tomorrow night then I like our chances in our own building. If we play a structured game, get hard on the forecheck and force some mistakes we can win tomorrow. Even if Washington outplays us.

It’s game 7 in our house! We can do this!

Evincar

I have found the way
Aug 10, 2012
IMO, last year the Pens tanked Game 6 because they were so worn out from game 5, and put everything on Game 7. The Caps, of course, were so drained from 5 & 6 that they had nothing in game 7. The Pens saved energy for 1 game. Last night, the Bolts most certainly did NOT tank, they were more spent than the Caps by the end. This could be their undoing. They should have used the house money for game 7, and let the Caps burn themselves out. Neither team has much left.

Given that the Pens were only an OT goal (basically a coin flip away) from losing to Ottawa, I doubt they "tanked" Game 6.

Pretty silly strategy youve got there.

Reactions: IvanMalison

Zazzaro703

Mar 18, 2016
Lake Tahoe
I have a feeling the Cap veterans know the hour is getting late and this is probably the best chance they will have to raise the cup. Knowing this they will damn near put their careers on the line giving everything they got crawling off the ice at the end of 60 minutes. Just have play in control enough to stay out of the box. Tampa will have to match that intensity to beat them. Or get that unworldly goalie performance or fluke bounce. Never know with game 7s.

Should be a great game, as a very long time Caps fan this game 7 is exciting and not the typical 2 days of feeling dread before it. Have to think if the fanbase mostly feels that way the players probably do to. It seems like it's the Tampa side that has the feelings of dread creeping into the backs of their mind.

Reactions: third man in

Aoko

Order has now fallen.
Dec 14, 2017
As bad as Tampa has looked to me (they were so, so good the few months of the season), they are still a 50-50 proposition to advance to the finals. And that is too bad.
giphy.gif

I'll take a 50/50 chance after being down the series 2-0 at the beginning of the series. Yes, I know we were up on them and could have eliminated them last night, but hockey is a funny sport. You never know what sort of puck luck is gonna happen.

T REX

Feb 28, 2013
I picked the Bolts in 7 and thought it would be an all out war.

I expect nothing less tom night.

brewski420

Sep 29, 2009
Ohio
The Caps are playing much better than Tampa right now and appear to be the favorite to win tomorrow imo. Added to that being on the road is a plus for them. They won the series in Pittsburgh and I think they win tomorrow in Tampa.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad