News Article: Eberle On Confidence

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
If you want to see proof in action, go over to the thread on the Oilers board about this article. As bad as the dark years here were, I do not think we were ever as close to being as miserable as they are.

The Islanders had more off ice things going on than Edmonton, but as far as on ice ineptitude goes... I think Edmonton takes it. The main thing though is that the Islanders did it in relative obscurity with only one news outlet giving them coverage, and that was minor at best in a local publication. Edmonton had all of Canadian media breathing down their necks, even during the offseason.

Jester9881

May 16, 2006
Long Island NY
some people like Eberle (and I suspect JT) really don't want to be the Media's center of attention. I know they are pros and used to the criticism, but if you constantly read negativity about your performance, i don't see how that will help re-establish confidence when you are already down. I expect him to continue to thrive here under little to non-existent scrutiny

Another big reason I believe JT resigns here

stranger34

Mar 6, 2007
Nassau County
Read between the lines. He'd obviously rather be back in Edmonton. He's upset he went from playing on the best ice in the NHL in Edmonton to the worst ice at Barclays. He also hates the commute to Brooklyn.

If I read between the lines it sounds to me like a mentally soft player best suited to low pressure situations and media anonymity. He's a perfect fit to get lost somewhere between Long Island and Brooklyn.

2ndGenIslander

Feb 2, 2012
Nassau
If I read between the lines it sounds to me like a mentally soft player best suited to low pressure situations and media anonymity. He's a perfect fit to get lost somewhere between Long Island and Brooklyn.

NHL players make up all sorts of different people with different personalities and different motivators, they all have one thing in common which is being really good at hockey. Some people will respond well and get fired up to serious negativity and overcome it, while others would prefer to figure out their problem on their own without reporters breathing down their necks. nothing else to see here

Doshell Propivo

Dec 5, 2005
I think he's a perfect fit on our second line. Sorry you are too miserable to appreciate it. Seriously man, you're insufferable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad