Eastside Hockey Manager - Part X Patch 1.5 Edition! (April 22nd Open Beta)

H3ckt1k

Jan 9, 2015
I think the database is in the best state its ever been, we have some fixes coming out within a week or so but I'm also pretty biased.
Are the fixes out/coming out in the next day or two? Off work for a few days and would love to start a new save with whatever changes are coming

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Here is a snippet of the new tiers and where that 60 falls in. I would want to ask 1) is this a young player? 2) is this a player with little SHL experience as the re-rates use career histories and an algorithm to determine final CA vs a players peers. The tiering of the leagues is based on the NHLe model Rethinking NHLe.

1705678091015.png
The worst team in Hockeyallsvenskan would blow out every CHL and NCAA team.

Reactions: Dala and Dutronc

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Pivot 8.7 posted:

General Updates:
- Latest notable transactions
- Updated Euro Hockey Tour stages -- thanks Vik3tbotselektor!!

Prospect Generator Updates:
- Fixed most players having a favorite number of 1
- Reduced amount of Canadian players with secondary nationalities

NHL Updates:
- Tweaked financial data for NHL based on feedback and testing
- Removed players from the 2018 WJC team charged with sexual assault
- Updated LTIR minimum days to 28 from 24.
- Various NHL team re-rates including feedback from fans -- huge thanks to those who have helped so far!
-- Anaheim Ducks - Dart
-- Boston - jesarino
-- Chicago - Seanie
-- New Jersey - Spade18
-- Washington Capitals - DrCornDog
Re-Rates by xECK29x:
-- Colorado Avalanche
-- Edmonton Oilers (thanks SwayHeyKid for spotchecking)
-- Florida Panthers
-- New York Islanders
-- Ottawa Senators
-- Pittsburgh Penguins
-- Tampa Bay Lightning
-- Toronto Maple Leafs
- More tweaks to the 2024 NHL Draft class based on mid-season ratings from various publications

Asian Updates:
- Updated all levels of hockey in China, Hong Kong, Japan and South Korea, this includes comps, clubs, arenas, players and staff -- thanks Vik3tbotselektor!!!

Swedish Updates:
- Programmatically re-rated Hockeyallsvenskan based on feedback, likely needs some manual tweaks -- thanks ItWasJustified!!

Big shout out to everyone that helped with re-rates so far, I'm always looking for help, it doesn't require a lot of your time and it makes a big difference!

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Still looking for NHL re-rate feedback for any of the following teams:
  • Arizona
  • Buffalo
  • Calgary
  • Carolina
  • Colorado
  • Columbus
  • Dallas
  • Edmonton
  • Florida
  • Los Angeles
  • Nashville
  • New York Ranges
  • Ottawa
  • Philadelphia
  • Pittsburgh
  • San Jose
  • Seattle
  • St. Louis
  • Tampa Bay
  • Toronto
  • Winnipeg

petteri33

Mar 14, 2021
Hi xECK29x !

Tanks for you re very appreciate work on the DB.

Here is a change for you : in the swiss league, "HC Valais Chablais Martigny" is playing in the "Swiss League" instead as "SC Langenthal" who are playing in "MySport Hockey League" > simply switch the two teams.

Also maybe you can change the import rule for the "National League" to 6 import players on ice (dressés) BUT 7 import players allowed. And for the "Swiss League", 2 imports dressed and 3 in the roster.

Swiss teams normally have 7 imports to barry injuries.

By the way, i m currently working on a re-rating of the swiss leagues : CA, PA, position, OF, DF and role.
I will work on players preferences, affiliations and clubs too.
I will try to change salaries and clubs budgets too.

Can I share my work to you (DB or spreedsheet) ?

Reactions: Dutronc and xECK29x

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Hi xECK29x !

Tanks for you re very appreciate work on the DB.

Here is a change for you : in the swiss league, "HC Valais Chablais Martigny" is playing in the "Swiss League" instead as "SC Langenthal" who are playing in "MySport Hockey League" > simply switch the two teams.

Also maybe you can change the import rule for the "National League" to 6 import players on ice (dressés) BUT 7 import players allowed. And for the "Swiss League", 2 imports dressed and 3 in the roster.

Swiss teams normally have 7 imports to barry injuries.

By the way, i m currently working on a re-rating of the swiss leagues : CA, PA, position, OF, DF and role.
I will work on players preferences, affiliations and clubs too.
I will try to change salaries and clubs budgets too.

Can I share my work to you (DB or spreedsheet) ?
Thanks, yes please reach out to me via DM or on Steam/Discord to coordinate, I'd love to incorporate your work as we do not have an active Swiss researcher and I can provide some guidance for recommended CA/PA for each league.

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
Still looking for NHL re-rate feedback for any of the following teams:
  • Arizona
  • Buffalo
  • Calgary
  • Carolina
  • Colorado
  • Columbus
  • Dallas
  • Edmonton
  • Florida
  • Los Angeles
  • Nashville
  • New York Ranges
  • Ottawa
  • Philadelphia
  • Pittsburgh
  • San Jose
  • Seattle
  • St. Louis
  • Tampa Bay
  • Toronto
  • Winnipeg

I hope the guy doing it for Montreal is asking for buffs to prospects :naughty:

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Well Montreal was not listed and I can't claim to be a good evaluator hockey wide, but there is a few thing I could point out if you have no one else.
We have one person but its totally ok to have multiple. I'll DM you, you have always helped out.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Pivot DB updating now, please unsub/resub if you run into any weird issues.

General Updates:
- Latest notable transactions
- World Cup now hosted by a random participant nation each draw -- thanks Celtic for reporting!!

Prospect Generator Updates -- thanks IAmActuallyAnOtter!!
- Fixed an error that was causing "1" to be the majority of favourite player numbers
- Full renewal of player names to reduce prevalence of second nationalities in the first few season of prospect generation. Thank you Chat-GPT.
- Added a three-way select option so that in the PG you can either "duplicate" existing and historical star players, create "sons" for them, or not have any recognition of these players in the database
- Reduced average player heights across the board by ~2-5cm.
- Changed formulae to give wider variation of mental and technical attributes at player generation stage (no change to physicals)
- Re-balanced nationality distribution at the top end (less obscure nationalities at the top of the NHL level)
Created "Day 1" younger non-players that have the potential to grow into NHL level staff

NHL Updates:
- Updated Trade Deadline date
- Further tweaking of the 2024 NHL Draft class based on mid-season ratings from various publications
- Continued NHL team re-rates including feedback from fans -- huge thanks to those who have helped so far!
-- Anaheim Ducks - Dart
-- Colorado Avalanche - greger_jens
-- Detroit Red Wings - KingShark
-- Montreal Canadiens - Treb
-- Washington Capitals - jesarino/DrCornDog
Re-Rates by xECK29x:
-- Calgary Flames
-- Carolina Hurricanes
-- Dallas Stars
-- Los Angeles Kings
-- Minnesota Wild
-- New Jersey Devils w/ feedback from Spade18
-- New York Rangers
-- Seattle Kraken
-- St. Louis Blues
-- Vancouver Canucks w/ feedback from IAmActuallyAnOtter
-- Vegas Golden Knights w/ feedback from Comb
-- Winnipeg Jets
- Updated notable CHL/NCAA and European free agents who may/have secure(d) NHL ELCs (The EP Rinkside 2024 CHL Free Agency Guide and Pronman: Top college, CHL and European free agents for NHL teams)

AHL Updates:
- Updated Trade Deadline date

Swiss Updates -- thanks petteri33!!
- Updated MyHL/SL clubs
- Updated transfer rules for NL and SL

TBL to be updated this weekend

Last edited:

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
Thanks for your hard work! It's a rather minor issue to be sure, but I've noticed that trying to open the Swedish U20 Division 1 league page always crashes the game in these versions.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Thanks for your hard work! It's a rather minor issue to be sure, but I've noticed that trying to open the Swedish U20 Division 1 league page always crashes the game in these versions.
Usually due to a bad transfer rule, I’ll take a look. Thanks for reporting

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
Two days ago and yesterday the game shut down for me when I tried to get past 6th July 2024. Tried both to be on vacation and just clicking continue for each day. Also tried both my edited Premier Pivot Rosters v8.7.0 database and an unedited one.

Then I reloaded the edited saved game and tried and now it shuts down when I try to go past 17th July 2024. All leagues selected and enhanced and full database.

ItWasJustified

Jan 1, 2015
This is why, please read the recommended setup options on the Workshop page.
I see. I've played with way more than 40 leagues before without getting a hard crash past a certain date before. I believe into the 2040s. Do you know if it's inevitable that it can't get past a certain date if I play with more than 20 leagues or is it more of a recommended number? Because I'll like to play with as many leagues possible.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I see. I've played with way more than 40 leagues before without getting a hard crash past a certain date before. I believe into the 2040s. Do you know if it's inevitable that it can't get past a certain date if I play with more than 20 leagues or is it more of a recommended number? Because I'll like to play with as many leagues possible.
20 is the recommended number, all those settings do is load up the more detailed day to day simulation and full transfer rules, it does not remove those clubs/players from the DB if you use the "Full" database size.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Updated TBL (start of season DB) has been sent to Archi for upload.

Change list:
  • Incorporates all fixes/updates from Pivot since the October "start of season" release.
  • Does not include players/staff added to the database since start of season update to reduce potential duplicates.
  • Some inaccuracies may be found, please kindly report them!
  • Please follow recommended setup options for Pivot

Reactions: NoelVilla

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Pushed a fix to Pivot a crash condition which would occur if you selected a Swedish league due to a illogical transfer rule condition. TBL should be updated soon too.

Reactions: archibalduk

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad