Eastside Hockey Manager - Part X Patch 1.5 Edition! (April 22nd Open Beta)

DaBossN

Dec 26, 2016
they say you become a pro after 10k hours at something...
what am i??

ehm.png

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Untitled.png

Trying to merge databses from seperate seasons, what is this error?

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Usually it means you have too many non-player staff assigned to a specific staff slot. If you have the latest Editor you can filter on non-players with errors.
How about importing club histories, draft histories and player rights? It seems like some things work, but not others. But I'm pretty sure I got it to work before? Possible I'm reversing the way I did it last time and the editor doesn't actually do it.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
How about importing club histories, draft histories and player rights? It seems like some things work, but not others. But I'm pretty sure I got it to work before? Possible I'm reversing the way I did it last time and the editor doesn't actually do it.
Make sure you are using the templates, direct export from those screens is not what you use to import. Yes they all work, I spend a lot of time doing them all each offseason.

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Make sure you are using the templates, direct export from those screens is not what you use to import. Yes they all work, I spend a lot of time doing them all each offseason.
Through the file tab on the toolbar, right?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
v8.5 of Pivot is uploaded, lots of focus on the next few NHL draft classes in this release, lots of PG and NHL re-rate work.

General Updates:
- Latest notable transactions
- Updated currency exchange rates -- thanks Rass!!

NHL Updates:
- Scattered rating update work based on data from NHL EDGE, Evolving Hockey and The Pro Hockey Group/CapFriendly Premium, working with IAmActuallyAnOtter to create sustainable processes to make updates more consistent and easier using these data sets.
-- These updates are league-wide and sporadic based on what data is available of quality, full organizational re-rates will happen over the off-season
- Updates to notables for 2025 Entry Draft class
- Updated CA/PA of NCAA players who should garner NHL attention for ELCs

Prospect Generator Updates: thanks IAmActuallyAnOtter!!
- Updated PG potential levels to match the level of talent seen in the 2019-2024 drafts inclusive to give more consistency in talent in longer-term saves
- Created some new player archetypes, particularly on the defensive defencemen and forward roles
- Created more targeted mid-level ability prospects to help fill in the gaps between PA level 140-150 and 160-170
- Created "fill-in" players for the 2028 NHL draft year (last draft year between IRL prospects and the PG kicking in). These players are available to be immediately drafted in CHL league drafts, removing the need to use "Generate Extra Junior Players" if you play as a GM in those leagues
- Increased the floor of most major nation players to 110 from 90
- Lowered the ceiling of most non-major nation players from 140 to 120

German Updates:
- Updated free agent players -- thanks Mat.liebl!!

United States Updates:
- Updated AHL and ECHL transfer rules

Doothpick

9-1
Sep 15, 2008

Thank you so much @xECK29x

This is all always the time of the year I start up my save. I can see this becoming my full time job for the next two months. Wish I could buy you lunch money!

No idea why this is bolded and don't know how to turn it off, but I guess these forums really appreciate all the hard work as well :)

Edit: you too @BKarchitect and everyone who keep the community and the game alive!

Last edited:

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Any news for us @BKarchitect about the new version of NHLX ?

As a long time fan of the Quebec Nordiques I'm a big fan of your version :)

Appreciate it! I’m taking a break, not retired but life got busy and I’m also kinda getting into customizing a roster for Hockey Legacy Manager 24 which I’ve found to be quite adddictice and a bit more of a “quick fix” which is what my hockey gaming and editing needs to be right now!

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Here’s a little under the hood of HLM24 editing in progress. There are some fun features in this game like a built in expansion draft, trade deadline and free agent frenzy days that have a timer built in to make things seem frantic and though the sim itself is rather simplistic compared to EHM - it sims super fast on both mobile and Steam and visually looks great - especially with some of the updates I’m making to logos and colors ;)

Working on franchise depth charts, getting prospects to follow as true to life progress as I can and getting the 2024 WJC rosters in shape.

1lyAhKE.png

WGGCHRz.png

wD1Dho4.png

f45oZFV.png

Last edited:

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Here’s a little under the hood of HLM24 editing in progress. There are some fun features in this game like a built in expansion draft, trade deadline and free agent frenzy days that have a timer built in to make things seem frantic and though the sim itself is rather simplistic compared to EHM - it sims super fast on both mobile and Steam and visually looks great - especially with some of the updates I’m making to logos and colors ;)

Working on franchise depth charts, getting prospects to follow as true to life progress as I can and getting the 2024 WJC rosters in shape.

1lyAhKE.png

WGGCHRz.png

wD1Dho4.png

f45oZFV.png
When this becomes a full desktop game with just a mobile extension I'll be all in.

Any mods reading this, may be worth taking this post and starting a dedicated HLM thread.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
When this becomes a full desktop game with just a mobile extension I'll be all in.

Any mods reading this, may be worth taking this post and starting a dedicated HLM thread.
The Steam version is formatted for desktop now (not just a desktop port of the mobile). I bought both. But yes, I suppose it isn't a desktop-first oriented production.

There are definitely some kinks in it and don't expect anything near the immersive nature of EHM (be warned even though you can create unlimited custom teams and leagues and can play any of them, the experience is VERY NHL-oriented) but it's cheap and may be worth playing around with if you are curious. It's cheap, I think like $7 or something.

Expansion appears to only be able to add a 33rd team though which kinda sucks because I was hoping to recreate NHL36 on this platform! But actually doing an expansion draft as part of the in-game experience is still pretty rad.

Last edited:

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
The Steam version is formatted for desktop now (not just a desktop port of the mobile). I bought both. But yes, I suppose it isn't a desktop-first oriented production.

There are definitely some kinks in it and don't expect anything near the immersive nature of EHM (be warned even though you can create unlimited custom teams and leagues and can play any of them, the experience is VERY NHL-oriented) but it's cheap and may be worth playing around with if you are curious. It's cheap, I think like $7 or something.

Expansion appears to only be able to add a 33rd team though which kinda sucks because I was hoping to recreate NHL36 on this platform! But actually doing an expansion draft as part of the in-game experience is still pretty rad.
It would really need an external editor similar to EHM's or even the old NHLView for EA NHL PC to get me over, looks like it has super high potential though and I'll buy it just to support development if nothing else!

Last edited:
Reactions: BKarchitect

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
It would really need an external editor (similar to EHM's or even the old NHLView for EA NHL PC to get me over, looks like it has super high potential though and I'll buy it just to support development if nothing else!

It’s dying for an external editor. Lol. It’s just painful compared to EHM or even NHLVIEW to edit right now. Compared to the workflow you guys have established for EHM, it would be like going back in time ten years.

Reactions: xECK29x

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
So... as a person with over 30,000 hours in this game... you'd think I would know a bit more about certain aspects... however I have a question about development.

For an 18 year old #1 overall pick defenseman... your team is absolutely terrible, however he isn't... and he is unquestionably your best D...

He has a contract with a USHL team and is "aiming to play college hockey." However it's september and no college teams are showing any interest.

is it better to let him stick in the USHL, and hope a college team picks him up for his 19 year old season? or sign him in use him in the AHL or NHL?

No CHL team has drafted him, and the team is SO bad that even if he turns into prime Nick Lidstrom he won't make a difference at this point.

francis246

Nov 16, 2007
So... as a person with over 30,000 hours in this game... you'd think I would know a bit more about certain aspects... however I have a question about development.

For an 18 year old #1 overall pick defenseman... your team is absolutely terrible, however he isn't... and he is unquestionably your best D...

He has a contract with a USHL team and is "aiming to play college hockey." However it's september and no college teams are showing any interest.

is it better to let him stick in the USHL, and hope a college team picks him up for his 19 year old season? or sign him in use him in the AHL or NHL?

No CHL team has drafted him, and the team is SO bad that even if he turns into prime Nick Lidstrom he won't make a difference at this point.

Sometimes because of reputation rating those college bound prospects don’t get signed by their teams. It’s a bug in the game I think many people have tried to fix. With the EHM superstar I run. Sometimes I go in with the editor and lower their reputation so they sign with a college team.

As a GM you could also sign him and throw him in the AHL and see how he does or if he has junior rights, sign him and loan him to the CHL team that has his rights

Reactions: WreckingCrew

bashbros32

Jan 12, 2014
Brockville, Ontario
Sometimes because of reputation rating those college bound prospects don’t get signed by their teams. It’s a bug in the game I think many people have tried to fix. With the EHM superstar I run. Sometimes I go in with the editor and lower their reputation so they sign with a college team.

As a GM you could also sign him and throw him in the AHL and see how he does or if he has junior rights, sign him and loan him to the CHL team that has his rights

Yeah, I ended up sticking him in the AHL for the year... I wonder why these players with such high reputation that they wont sign in college don't go to Europe and sign with teams in much stronger leagues that have high enough reputation? I guess this may have to do with all the extra work that's been done over the years for NCAA?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad