Eastside Hockey Manager - Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Still fine tuning domestic and junior layouts for many of the smaller hockey playing nations in NHLX but here's a sneak peak at the revamped Latin America-based league. It used to be just South America but since I folded the WHAII - I moved the Mexican clubs over to form the Superliga Latinoamericana. The North Division are the Mexican and Colombian clubs while the South Division features clubs from Argentina, Chile and Brazil. I left it based in Chile so that South America could have a professionally based league, although the Mexican National team is the highest ranked of the countries and Mexico has 6 clubs in the league as opposed to 3 each for the other 4 nations.

The winner of the league chamoionship, the Copa de Hockey Americana, still goes on the play the winners of the Asia League, Australian League and New Zealand league in Federation Cup.

Next I will be heading over to Africa to boost the South African league and I think introduce a new Kenya-Tanzania league. If you all remember last year, Sid and MacK met the Kenyan hockey team when they travled to Canada. So I think it fitting they be represented in the future in EHM. I'll also add those winners to the Federation Cup which is basically CHL for minnow, non-traditional hockey nations.

e8fef0c145564d5e57d34e08354044f7.jpg

a18f508e91ba92381c4c16f097ff54b4.png

77f1be3b0a71fdfe3b100680d88ae41b.png

EDIT...oops I need to get my Spanish straight - logo should be "AmericanA" :)

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Version 4.3 released:

This is a pretty substantial release, thanks to all the researchers and those who offered suggestions and reported issues!!

Download:

Steam: Steam Workshop :: [2019-20] xECK29x's Premier Pivot Database (v4.3)
Non-Steam: Dropbox - xECK29x-Rosters-v4.3.zip - Simplify your life

General Updates:
- Latest player/staff transfers and retirements (most European major leagues still not updated, review previous change notes for details)
- Fixed Olympics draw date -- thanks 92joehal!!

NHL/AHL/ECHL Updates:

- Updated latest signings and other transfers
- Updated NYR cap penalties, average cap hit per year isn't entirely accurate due to game limitations, for buyouts with a higher second year I had to spread the average amount over all 4 years -- thanks ZaZooM

European Updates:

-- Updated the following seeding for the Champions Hockey League and Continental Cup.
*** NOTE *** Both of these competitions are HARD CODED into the game and there is very little I can do to modify them. The CHL is still using an older 48 team format and CC is using a 17 team format, this cannot be changed!

Champions Hockey League:

Adler Mannheim
Augsburger Panther
Belfast Giants
Bílí Tygri Liberec
Brûleurs de Loups de Grenoble
Djurgårdens IF
Düsseldorfer EG
EC Graz 99ers
EC Klagenfurter AC
EHC Biel-Bienne
EHC Red Bull München
ERC Ingolstadt
EV Zug
Färjestad BK
Fehérvár AV19
Frisk Asker
Frölunda HC
GKS Tychy
HC '05 iClinic Banská Bystrica
HC Ambrì-Piotta
Helsingin IFK
Hämeenlinnan Pallokerho
HC Kometa Brno
HKM Zvolen
HV71
IF Malmö Redhawks
Kölner Haie
Lahden Pelicans
Lausanne HC
Luleå HF
Oulun Kärpät
Rauman Lukko
Rungsted Seier Capital
SC Bern
SC Langnau Tigers
Skellefteå AIK
Tampereen Ilves
Tampereen Tappara
Turun Palloseura
Vålerenga Ishockey
Växjö Lakers Hockey
Vienna Capitals
Yunost Minsk

Continental Cup:

Amiens
Cracovia
KHL Zagreb
SønderjyskE
Nottingham Panthers
Donbass Donetsk
Ljubljana
MOGO
Ferencváros TC
Ritten
Crvena Zvezda
ASC Corona Brasov
Neman Grodno
CHH Txuri Urdin
HC Bat Yam
Irbis-Skate Sofia
Skautafélag Akureyrar
Zeytinburnu Belediye SK
Beibarys Atyrau
HYC Herentals

Belarussian Updates -- thanks TochilKING!!:
- Added/updated competitions and league structures Belarusian Extraliga, Belarusian Extraliga B, Belarusian Vysshaya League, and Salei Cup (Belarus Cup)
- Added/updated Belarussian clubs and arenas
- Added cities

British Updates:

- All players/staff updated -- thanks ArchibauldUK!!

Canadian Updates:

- Updated CHL league transfer windows (trades allowed between):
-- QMJHL: 6/8-6/13, 8/1-9/2, 9/19-1/6
-- OHL: 5/5-5/10, 8/1-9/2, 9/19-1/6
-- WHL: 4/24-4/29, 8/1-9/2, 9/19-1/6
- QMJHL teams updated:
-- Acadie-Bathurst Titan to Cape Breton -- thanks Antho42!!
- Updated OHL players and staff -- thanks Manimal!!
- WHL and Western Canada Updates -- thanks Limbic19!!
-- WHL jersey numbers & heights/weights updated
-- Award history added for AJHL, BCHL, SJHL, MJHL (if available)
-- Minor roster movements completed

Czech Updates:

- Updated Tipsport competition history -- thanks Raggamuffin!!

Danish Updates:
- Updated all Danish Metal Ligaen arenas, clubs, players and staff -- thanks PanthersDK!!!

Finnish Updates:

- Started updates of Liiga, teams completed:
-- HIFK
-- HPK
-- Ilves
-- Jukurit

Japan Updates:

- Updated all players/staff in Asia Ice Hockey League (thanks Matee!!)
- Removed Gangwon High1
- Updated with new 36 game schedule and playoff structure

Kazakhstan Updates -- thanks TochilKING!!:
- Added/updated competitions and league structures for Kazakhstan Championship, Kazakhstan MHL, and Kazakhstan Cup
- Added/updated Kazakhstan clubs and arenas
- Added cities

Norwegian Updates:

- Added Norwegian First Division as human-playable with new 40 game schedule template

Polish Updates:

- Updated Polska Hokej Liga league structure and clubs -- thanks Matee!!

Russian Updates -- thanks TochilKING!!:

- Updated league competitions and league structures for VHL, PVHL, and MHL
- Added/updated Russian clubs and arenas
- Added cities

Slovakia Updates:
- Updated Tipsport clubs and 48 game schedule, updated transfer rules
- Updated St. Nicolaus 1. Liga clubs and 36 game schedule, updated transfer rules
- Updated 2. Liga clubs, league structure still being worked on
- Updated Tipsport and 1.Liga competition histories -- thanks Raggamuffin!!
- Updated Tipsport players and staff -- thanks ppaalloo!!

Swedish Updates (thanks Aahlstoem!!):
- Updated HockeyEttan, HockeyTvåan and HockeyTrean clubs
- Promoted two extra clubs to Ettan for now, this is due to massive changes that are needed to the league structure to reduce from the working 48 clubs to the real-life 46 clubs.
- Updated SHL and J18/J20 players/staff (biggest update ever to Swedish juniors!) -- thanks Aalstroem!!

Swiss Updates:
- Updated all junior leagues and clubs - removed relegation from Junioren Elite

United States Updates:
- Updated commitments for the following clubs: -- thanks Antho42!!
-- Air Force Academy, Boston College, Boston Univ. Cornell Univ., Harvard Univ., Northeastern Univ., Ohio State Univ., Providence College and Quinnipiac Univ.
- Updated NAHL league structure, clubs, arenas and attendance figures
- Updated NAHL players and staff (356 updates!) -- thanks Matee!!

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 6
  • 2.png
    2.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 7

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Is there any way of setting PTOs or simulating something close to it in the pre-game?

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
You can invite people to camp when you get close to it.
Thanks.

Maybe this has been covered but I'm getting roster errors because of 7 media pundits with different teams. Anybody know what the fix would be?

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Thanks.

Maybe this has been covered but I'm getting roster errors because of 7 media pundits with different teams. Anybody know what the fix would be?

With the EHM Steam version? Media pundits were added into code but never really implemented AFAIK, unless you manually tinkered with a DB file or are talking about an older EHM version.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
With the EHM Steam version? Media pundits were added into code but never really implemented AFAIK, unless you manually tinkered with a DB file or are talking about an older EHM version.

Yeah, steam version, and the db was actually your v4.1.2. I was tinkering a bit in the editor, but not with adding any pundits, just editing attributes and re-signing guys. This just popped up all of a sudden

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Yeah, steam version, and the db was actually your v4.1.2. I was tinkering a bit in the editor, but not with adding any pundits, just editing attributes and re-signing guys. This just popped up all of a sudden

Weird, didn’t even know the code was implemented in any way but I could be wrong, still learning new stuff about the game all the time.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Weird, didn’t even know the code was implemented in any way but I could be wrong, still learning new stuff about the game all the time.
Yeah, I manually removed them from their respective clubs to eliminate the errors. Kind of bizarre. Maybe it was because of an update? Not sure why this just happened all of a sudden, as I've been using this db since release with no trouble.

Nino33

Jul 5, 2015
Yeah, I manually removed them from their respective clubs to eliminate the errors. Kind of bizarre. Maybe it was because of an update? Not sure why this just happened all of a sudden, as I've been using this db since release with no trouble.
Were the edits you mentioned earlier done to a saved game? or the database itself?

I'm thinking it was the database, but I'm wondering because saved game editing has been known to cause weirdness that makes no sense

It's also weird that there were actual pundits to be removed (I'm assuming ECK didn't add any; I don't have the 2019-20 DB downloaded, but the 2018-19 DB has no pundits in it.....I've never heard of a database having pundits before)

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Were the edits you mentioned earlier done to a saved game? or the database itself?

I'm thinking it was the database, but I'm wondering because saved game editing has been known to cause weirdness that makes no sense

It's also weird that there were actual pundits to be removed (I'm assuming ECK didn't add any; I don't have the 2019-20 DB downloaded, but the 2018-19 DB has no pundits in it.....I've never heard of a database having pundits before)
Just editing the database. Since release, just adding NHL guys to teams as they signed in real life. Then yesterday 7 media pundits became roster errors.

Nino33

Jul 5, 2015
Just editing the database. Since release, just adding NHL guys to teams as they signed in real life. Then yesterday 7 media pundits became roster errors.
Thanks for replying...so just to clarify, the error messages were coming from the Editor?
Or the game when you tried to start a game with your edited database?
Or did the game start OK, but as you proceeded you got the errors?

Just wondering if the weirdness maybe connects to the Editor, or maybe the game...

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Thanks for replying...so just to clarify, the error messages were coming from the Editor?

Just wondering if the weirdness maybe connects to the Editor, or maybe the game...

I'd like to see the error if possible

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012

Both.
The game would crash upon initializing game data while starting a career game, and the editor displayed roster errors in the errors tab.
I have eliminated the errors, but the game is still crashing, so I'm investigating what's going on there.

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
I'd like to see the error if possible
I never took a screenshot unfortunately. The db is still crashing upon initializing game data in new career game so there is something else going wrong.

Last edited:

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
4.3.1 Update:

Steam: Steam Workshop :: [2019-20] xECK29x's Premier Pivot Database (v4.3.1)
Non-Steam: Dropbox - xECK29x-Rosters-v4.3.1.zip - Simplify your life

General Updates:
- This is a small update for notable NHL movement, I also believe the database for 4.3 might have been corrupted when uploaded, this version does NOT have the extra prospects added as that is being re-worked by the creator.

NHL Updates:

- Latest player/staff transfers, injuries and future retirements

AHL/ECHL Updates:

- Latest player signings

Slovak Updates:
- Changed name of Slovak St. Nicolaus 1. Liga to Slovak Hokejová Liga

Swedish Updates:

- Seems the 24.2 crash has been linked to the Allsvenskan, I just updated the schedule template to see if it fixes the issue, please let me know if you still get crashes on or around this date (no matter the year).

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
I never took a screenshot unfortunately. The db is still crashing upon initializing game data in new career game so there is something else going wrong.

Yea when that happens it's usually a major issue due to club assignment or league structure issues. Editing this game is very tricky :)

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Yea when that happens it's usually a major issue due to club assignment or league structure issues. Editing this game is very tricky :)
Yeah, I have no idea where to start with it. I didn't touch any clubs or league structure that I remember though haha

Thanks for all the work and releases!

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
So I think for the official non-beta of release of NHLX - probably around the 1st of October - I'm going to scale things back to the database changes for the NHL being a 36-team structure...basically back to the very original NHL36 database. The NHL2 experiment has been very interesting and has some cool results but overall the ability to integrate a whole "NHL2" structure is still not as seamless as I would like and thus the NHL gets so expanded and weird that it is just a little too different IMO.

The original 36-team format really hit a sweet spot in terms of keeping the NHL very playable and realistic to what it is in real life while adding just enough variable to make it a new and different experience. It will also allow to go back to making dispersal/expansion draft import files to stock the new clubs so you don't have to spend year one sifting through a completely barren free agency pool. With the NHL2 setup and WHA setups in the past - there were just way too many teams to try and stock thru an expansion draft.

The release will still include all the tweaks and new leagues around the world that have helped encourage developmental growth of players and the sport in other nations. It will include all the various Seattle identities to choose from. And it will include an expansion draft file for the new NHL members so you don't have to start from ground zero.

That said, I'm not going to do different flavors or versions of the database this time. I'm going to settle on three other teams to add with Seattle and then tweak the AHL and ECHL as well to be 36 teams so you get the nice 1-1-1 affiliation hierarchy. If anybody has any thoughts, let me know...with all my work with the NHL2 and WHA - there are tons of clubs for me to choose from.

Teams needed to add to get to 36:
NHL: 4 (plus Seattle)
AHL: 4 (plus Palm Springs - already approved as Seattle's real life AHL affiliate)
ECHL: 10

NHL Expansion Teams:
- Houston Aeros: This is a no-brainer. The market is far too huge for the NHL to ignore if they expand further. Billionaire Tilman Fertitta continues to make noise about wanting a Houston NHL club. And there is no AHL/ECHL club in Houston.
- Québec Nordiques: Another one I will absolutely add. We need more Canadian teams, there's a big history here and no AHL or ECHL team blocking the way. Long live the Nords!
- Portland Lumberjacks: It's a rapidly growing city, there is still no NFL or MLB competition there, you've got a junior hockey presence with the Winterhawks and it will complete a Pacific Northwest rivalry with Seattle and Vancouver.
- Toronto Toros: The mythical GTA 2 club. Let's face it, Toronto is big enough and hockey crazed enough to pull this off - no question.

I really wanted to put my hometown of Kansas City Scouts still in the mix but realistically, it's not going to happen, there is already an NHL franchise and they are adding a new NAHL junior club called the "Kansas City Scouts" which I am adding.

Missing the cut (former NHL36/NHL2 clubs in this database): Kansas City Scouts, Saskatchewan Whitetails, Halifax Highlanders, Hamilton Tigers, Hartford Whalers, Montreal Maroons, Atlanta Thrashers, Oakland Golden Seals.

Now the AHL needs four more so some of these franchises are definitely eligible:

AHL Expansion Teams:
- Oakland Golden Seals: I love the brand I created for this club in the NHL2...they'll serve as Houston's new AHL affiliate.
- Saskatchewan Whitetails: Again another brand I love and they'll add pro hockey to that province which is missing it at the moment...they'll serve as Portland's new AHL affiliate.
- Halifax Highlanders: Really wanted to add another pro team to the Maritimes and wanted to give QC a Canada-based affiliate.
- Hamilton Tigers: Hamilton used to have an AHL club and they'll make a very convenient location for Toronto2's new AHL affiliate.

So completely missing out are Kansas City (already has an ECHL club), Atlanta (already has an ECHL club), Hartford (already has an AHL club) and Montreal2 (just no room for a second Montreal team...QC serves as the second club in the province).

ECHL Expansion Teams - a total of 10, some based on defunct clubs, some based on new identities in previous versions of NHLX series:
- Abbotsford Flyers
- Alaska Aces
- Baltimore Skipjacks
- Elmira Jackals
- Fresno Falcons
- Manchester Monarchs
- Oklahoma City Blazers
- Reno Wolfpack
- Sacramento Grizzlies
- Summerside IceFox

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
So I think for the official non-beta of release of NHLX - probably around the 1st of October - I'm going to scale things back to the database changes for the NHL being a 36-team structure...basically back to the very original NHL36 database. The NHL2 experiment has been very interesting and has some cool results but overall the ability to integrate a whole "NHL2" structure is still not as seamless as I would like and thus the NHL gets so expanded and weird that it is just a little too different IMO.

The original 36-team format really hit a sweet spot in terms of keeping the NHL very playable and realistic to what it is in real life while adding just enough variable to make it a new and different experience. It will also allow to go back to making dispersal/expansion draft import files to stock the new clubs so you don't have to spend year one sifting through a completely barren free agency pool. With the NHL2 setup and WHA setups in the past - there were just way too many teams to try and stock thru an expansion draft.

The release will still include all the tweaks and new leagues around the world that have helped encourage developmental growth of players and the sport in other nations. It will include all the various Seattle identities to choose from. And it will include an expansion draft file for the new NHL members so you don't have to start from ground zero.

That said, I'm not going to do different flavors or versions of the database this time. I'm going to settle on three other teams to add with Seattle and then tweak the AHL and ECHL as well to be 36 teams so you get the nice 1-1-1 affiliation hierarchy. If anybody has any thoughts, let me know...with all my work with the NHL2 and WHA - there are tons of clubs for me to choose from.

Teams needed to add to get to 36:
NHL: 4 (plus Seattle)
AHL: 4 (plus Palm Springs - already approved as Seattle's real life AHL affiliate)
ECHL: 10

NHL Expansion Teams:
- Houston Aeros: This is a no-brainer. The market is far too huge for the NHL to ignore if they expand further. Billionaire Tilman Fertitta continues to make noise about wanting a Houston NHL club. And there is no AHL/ECHL club in Houston.
- Québec Nordiques: Another one I will absolutely add. We need more Canadian teams, there's a big history here and no AHL or ECHL team blocking the way. Long live the Nords!
- Portland Lumberjacks: It's a rapidly growing city, there is still no NFL or MLB competition there, you've got a junior hockey presence with the Winterhawks and it will complete a Pacific Northwest rivalry with Seattle and Vancouver.
- Toronto Toros: The mythical GTA 2 club. Let's face it, Toronto is big enough and hockey crazed enough to pull this off - no question.

I really wanted to put my hometown of Kansas City Scouts still in the mix but realistically, it's not going to happen, there is already an NHL franchise and they are adding a new NAHL junior club called the "Kansas City Scouts" which I am adding.

Missing the cut (former NHL36/NHL2 clubs in this database): Kansas City Scouts, Saskatchewan Whitetails, Halifax Highlanders, Hamilton Tigers, Hartford Whalers, Montreal Maroons, Atlanta Thrashers, Oakland Golden Seals.

Now the AHL needs four more so some of these franchises are definitely eligible:

AHL Expansion Teams:
- Oakland Golden Seals: I love the brand I created for this club in the NHL2...they'll serve as Houston's new AHL affiliate.
- Saskatchewan Whitetails: Again another brand I love and they'll add pro hockey to that province which is missing it at the moment...they'll serve as Portland's new AHL affiliate.
- Halifax Highlanders: Really wanted to add another pro team to the Maritimes and wanted to give QC a Canada-based affiliate.
- Hamilton Tigers: Hamilton used to have an AHL club and they'll make a very convenient location for Toronto2's new AHL affiliate.

So completely missing out are Kansas City (already has an ECHL club), Atlanta (already has an ECHL club), Hartford (already has an AHL club) and Montreal2 (just no room for a second Montreal team...QC serves as the second club in the province).

ECHL Expansion Teams - a total of 10, some based on defunct clubs, some based on new identities in previous versions of NHLX series:
- Abbotsford Flyers
- Alaska Aces
- Baltimore Skipjacks
- Elmira Jackals
- Fresno Falcons
- Manchester Monarchs
- Oklahoma City Blazers
- Reno Wolfpack
- Sacramento Grizzlies
- Summerside IceFox

Trois-rivieres might get a echl team (prob habs affiliated) in real life for 2020-2021, so they could also be a nice addition.

Reactions: xECK29x

Steve Shutt

Don't Poke the Bear
May 31, 2007
Love the Trois-Rivieres ECHL team for Montreal. Even cooler if the team name can somehow connect Jean "Le Gros Bill' Beliveau who's from there just like Laval connected Maurice 'Rocket' Richard into their team name.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad