Series Talk: Eastern Conference Quarterfinal: BRUINS (A2) vs Toronto Maple Leafs (A3)

sampollock

Jun 7, 2008
in my home
The Toronto children generation will be very loud on HFBoards this series. This will be our safe zone from the nonsense. This has to be one of the better team sections to discuss playoff hockey anyways!
I agree
Fig fans are wetting their pants
Oh nostril's hit 69

Bruins need to end this for all of us in Canada

I'm going tomorrow night! Just splurged on a couple of 1st row balcony seats at the B's shoot twice end. Always wanted to see the view from the 1st row.
How it's awesome 😎
Go Bruins

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
I think one was Lohrei
Yes.

But the Bruins always call up a goaltender for the playoffs. Last year it was Kyle Keyser. They don't want their aces taking the hard shots from players in practice.

Since Keyser was called up by Providence earlier in the week, I'm expecting someone to be called up to Boston. Maybe once Providence is done their 3 in 3 this weekend.

Bread and Circuses

Smile and wave.
Sponsor
Dec 2, 2010
Somewhere in the middle
I'm going tomorrow night! Just splurged on a couple of 1st row balcony seats at the B's shoot twice end. Always wanted to see the view from the 1st row.
Awesome! I have absolutely nothing to do this weekend and have been contemplating taking the 5 hour road trip tomorrow with the wife and kid for the experience. Tough to find a decent price on 3 decent tickets though.

BruinsFanMike82

Apr 15, 2009
MA
Last 5 Regular Season Starts
  • Linus Ullmark: 3-2-0 ; 2.00 GAA ; .930 Sv% ; 1 Shutout
  • Jeremy Swayman: 3-2-0 ; 2.18 GAA ; .908 Sv%
-------------
  • Ilya Samsonov: 3-1-1 ; 3.80 GAA ; .865 Sv%
  • Joseph Woll: 2-3-0 ; 3.25 GAA ; .881 Sv%

Samsonov has been especially weak on the Penalty Kill.
In his last 5 starts: 13.83 PK GAA ; .739 PK Sv%

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Looks like the Bruins are going to try and do it the hard way again,but it’s not going to work this time.lol
1713615816754.jpeg

BobbyAwe

Nov 21, 2006
South Carolina
I think our chances in the playoffs are going to depend mainly on BRAD, more than any one other player. We might basically estimate what we are going to get from everyone else, but Brad has to be the best he CAN be at 35. If he starts to wan after a few games, I can't blame him, but for our chances he HAS to skate like he's 20-something for the whole deal.

I don't think we really have much of a chance against the several super-star line-ups in the mix. We have one star forward and one star forward who is in the twilight of his career. Brad has to have a LEGENDARY playoff. Be Messier in '94. If anyone can do it, it's Marchie.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

bobber

Jan 21, 2013
Kitchener Ontario
Stay off the main boards Yikes. Leaf fans out in full force telling the world how much better they are, how gonna smoke us. I don't get where they get their cockiness and confidence. Certainly not from any kind of success. It's mind boggling how obnoxious they are
Leaf fans are brainwashed like Alice the Goon when she loved Popeye. Leafs are like possums. Play dead at home and get killed on the road.

Greek_physique

Caron - Legit SNIPER
Jul 9, 2004
Toronto, Ont
I think our chances in the playoffs are going to depend mainly on BRAD, more than any one other player. We might basically estimate what we are going to get from everyone else, but Brad has to be the best he CAN be at 35. If he starts to wan after a few games, I can't blame him, but for our chances he HAS to skate like he's 20-something for the whole deal.

I don't think we really have much of a chance against the several super-star line-ups in the mix. We have one star forward and one star forward who is in the twilight of his career. Brad has to have a LEGENDARY playoff. Be Messier in '94. If anyone can do it, it's Marchie.
Leafs have more offensive talent...everyone can see that on paper.

We need McAvoy and Swayman to show everyone they are also superstars and they can, carry the team like Pasta.

Should be a fun series

Reactions: sooshii

the negotiator

Sponsor
Nov 2, 2012
First games at home are always such a crap-shoot....I think the bulk of the pressure is on the home team which supposedly has the " advantage".

Some random thoughts

- be careful what we wish for. I, like most posters preferred to get Toronto over Tampa. That said- the Leafs are loaded up front. I don't fear them but they are certainly no pushover. Players like Bertuzzi and Domi bring major depth ( and grit) to the " big four" and could be very critical to the eventual series outcome.

- Bs need to stay focused and hard on the puck- they don't need to try and put the Leafs through the boards but they do need to consistently forecheck and make the Leafs D hear footsteps.

-Bs need someone other than Pasta to step up as a scoring threat ...this is a prime opportunity for Jake to turn around a disappointing season- not convinced it will happen but can hope. Would love to see Zacha become more of a threat- the shot is there, he needs to bury it

-the Bs need to shoot from the moment they step on the ice. I know Month stresses quality shots over quantity but both Leafs goalies have save percentages under 900 so shot early and often

-finally- this is a big litmus test for Monty. He did not do a good job that year and a repeat performance would speak volumes for how he reacts to pressure. Conversely- a great opportunity for him to show he has learned and grown.

Will be there tonight -long wait until 8:14

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
First games at home are always such a crap-shoot....I think the bulk of the pressure is on the home team which supposedly has the " advantage".

Some random thoughts

- be careful what we wish for. I, like most posters preferred to get Toronto over Tampa. That said- the Leafs are loaded up front. I don't fear them but they are certainly no pushover. Players like Bertuzzi and Domi bring major depth ( and grit) to the " big four" and could be very critical to the eventual series outcome.

- Bs need to stay focused and hard on the puck- they don't need to try and put the Leafs through the boards but they do need to consistently forecheck and make the Leafs D hear footsteps.

-Bs need someone other than Pasta to step up as a scoring threat ...this is a prime opportunity for Jake to turn around a disappointing season- not convinced it will happen but can hope. Would love to see Zacha become more of a threat- the shot is there, he needs to bury it

-the Bs need to shoot from the moment they step on the ice. I know Month stresses quality shots over quantity but both Leafs goalies have save percentages under 900 so shot early and often

-finally- this is a big litmus test for Monty. He did not do a good job that year and a repeat performance would speak volumes for how he reacts to pressure. Conversely- a great opportunity for him to show he has learned and grown.

Will be there tonight -long wait until 8:14
Playoffs hockey can and is usually different to regular season with quality scoring chances,shots on net with plenty of traffic in front is the way to go ,Leafs beat out Tampa that way last year a lot of their goals were scored on screens,deflections and rebounds.If the Bruins don’t adapt and play that way they won’t win this series quarantined.

Reactions: TP70BruinsCup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad