Series Talk: Eastern Conference Quarterfinal: BRUINS (A2) vs Toronto Maple Leafs (A3)

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
Sens fan coming here in peace. Going to theoretically dig out my old Bruins jersey from days gone by and join this Bruins train for the playoffs.

Hate the Leafs with a passion. Oh the level of bravado and circle jerking by Laff fans will be off the charts (and almost unbearable) should Toronto win up here. Boston you have to make this happen please!
Welcome aboard.

Reactions: Race Dawg

Hookslide

Nov 19, 2018
If I had to bet seriously I'd probably say Vegas over Carolina, but if the Bruins don't win I honestly don't care.
I have been mulling over a Tampa/ Vegas final nice payoff, but my most satisfying pick would be seeing Bruins in the finals.

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
You are right about his plus/ minus, but I do feel that stat is not fair to him, remember he did pk and play 4th line not going to get a lot of points .Not trying to disagree with you but there times plus/ minus can be skewered .

I think this is the best situation to use plus/minus, comparing to other players on the same team. Same coach, same system, same goalies. Beecher's +/- was the worst of them.

Remember, this is in response to someone suggesting Beecher matchup against Austin Matthews. Not other 4th liners.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
I think this is the best situation to use plus/minus, comparing to other players on the same team. Same coach, same system, same goalies. Beecher's +/- was the worst of them.

Remember, this is in response to someone suggesting Beecher matchup against Austin Matthews. Not other 4th liners.
You can say it, that was me. I like Beecher's size speed and stick and that was a repose to someone saying Coyle is a good match up.

Coyle line has been dog garbage in their end of the ice and give up a ton of chances,

Why not get the kids feet wet and see what he's made of maybe he can become that legit shut down center.

Obviously not every shift but I have no problem with seeing him in that role

Last edited:

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
Yes considering he was 1-0 vs Leafs so that means Swayman won other 3 games .I think I will look up Linus career stats vs Leafs to be sure lol Can I keep my house Linus 4-5-1 in career vs Leafs..play Swayman :laugh:
I just feel with it being Swaymans turn in the rotation and with him being 3-0 with a 1.5 GAA and a 96 percent save percentage against the leafs this season, it’ll make the decision easy for Monty.

If it was up to me I’d go with Linus too, he’s been the better of the two down the stretch and IMO he’s the better goalie, but it’s an easy out for Monty to go with Sway and I’d bet my house it’s him. 😉

Dennis Bonvie

Dec 29, 2007
Connecticut
I just feel with it being Swaymans turn in the rotation and with him being 3-0 with a 1.5 GAA and a 96 percent save percentage against the leafs this season, it’ll make the decision easy for Monty.

If it was up to me I’d go with Linus too, he’s been the better of the two down the stretch and IMO he’s the better goalie, but it’s an easy out for Monty to go with Sway and I’d bet my house it’s him. 😉

One thing is for sure. If Bruins lose Game 1 it will be Monty's fault for picking the wrong goalie.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad