Series Talk: Eastern Conference Quarterfinal: BRUINS (A2) vs Toronto Maple Leafs (A3)

goldenblack

Apr 15, 2024
Have to start Swayman IMO. Give him a shot finally when the series is 0-0. His first starts of a series were down 0-2 and tied 3-3.

Reason I start Swayman is kinda simple. Kid wants to get paid big money right?

Show us the money Sway. Are you a big time goalie?

1, 3, 5, 7

Those are his games. Go get that money. 3 home games too no less

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
So, which Bruins players have most stepped up their offensive games in recent playoff history?

3-season Regular Season Averages
  • Marchand = 0.42 goals per game ; 1.10 points per game
  • Heinen = 0.18 goals per game
  • Zacha = 0.63 points per game
  • McAvoy = 0.70 points per game

3-season Playoff Averages
  • Marchand = 0.64 goals per game (+0.22) ; 1.32 points per game (+0.22)
  • Heinen = 0.43 goals per game (+0.25)
  • Zacha = 0.86 points per game (+0.23)
  • McAvoy = 0.92 points per game (+0.22)

Will these players up their games again? Will some new players step up and add themselves to the list?

I still think the Bruins will need more than what they've gotten recently from at least two of:
Jake DeBrusk, Morgan Geekie, Trent Frederic and James van Riemsdyk.
Debrusk seems to step up his game in the playoffs. And I think Coyle will be great this series

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Coyle on Matthews is going going to be a matchup I think. With Mac on d at the same time, we can try an limit his scoring. Be physical with him and we will have success.
Beacher on Matthews,

Better skater, bigger and just as "tough" as Coyle. Coyle and his line mates will be rip to shreds against a Matthews line

Shoebottom88

Feb 4, 2019
IMG_2106.jpeg

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Reason I start Swayman is kinda simple. Kid wants to get paid big money right?

Show us the money Sway. Are you a big time goalie?

1, 3, 5, 7

Those are his games. Go get that money. 3 home games too no less
Sure, no pressure there.

I highly doubt that will factor in the thought process. Sway should be the first guy up anyway just based on his performances Vs the Leafs

The Shadow

Feb 9, 2013
Stay off the main boards Yikes. Leaf fans out in full force telling the world how much better they are, how gonna smoke us. I don't get where they get their cockiness and confidence. Certainly not from any kind of success. It's mind boggling how obnoxious they are

I’m a leaf fan and many of us are predicting a Bruins win We are not all obnoxious and it’s sad that they are like this. Let’s look forward to a competitive series.

yazmybaby

Sep 13, 2015
Brampton ON, Canada
I don't think it really matters who we start in net, both of our goalies are much better vs the Leafs.
Some keys to us winning:

Forecheck like crazy - the Leafs dee ( 4/5/6) are not that good, especially with Giordano playing now, he makes JVR look fast.
Penalties - stay out of the box and do not take stupid penalties.
Matchups - get our #1 line on the ice against the Leafs 2nd or 3rd dee pairing as much as possble.
Scoring - we need to score at least 3 goals a game.

Reactions: Gordoff and lopey

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
Beacher on Matthews,

Better skater, bigger and just as "tough" as Coyle. Coyle and his line mates will be rip to shreds against a Matthews line
Beached has been in and out of the lineup most of the season,and more out than in ,and was just recently sent down ,I hardly doubt that he is suddenly going to be given the job of shutting down Mathew’s .

Caper Bruins fan

Dec 4, 2011
Cape Breton
Beacher on Matthews,

For a guy in and out of the lineup like Beecher has been I think that is too much to ask of him . Matthews will get some points in this series, he’s too good to totally shut him down. Hopefully we can limit the damage.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
This week has come to a screeching halt. Spent some time last night choosing and buying paint for the new house, doing it again today, kids got karate tonight (but at least it's fight night), and then I took tomorrow off to clear out my house and patch walls in preparation to rent it. I am happy to be busy but Saturday night feels like it's weeks away.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I don't think it really matters who we start in net, both of our goalies are much better vs the Leafs.
Some keys to us winning:

Forecheck like crazy - the Leafs dee ( 4/5/6) are not that good, especially with Giordano playing now, he makes JVR look fast.
Penalties - stay out of the box and do not take stupid penalties.
Matchups - get our #1 line on the ice against the Leafs 2nd or 3rd dee pairing as much as possble.
Scoring - we need to score at least 3 goals a game.
Good sign:

The shooting definitely is a good sign.

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
I’m a leaf fan and many of us are predicting a Bruins win We are not all obnoxious and it’s sad that they are like this. Let’s look forward to a competitive series.

I don't post much, but I read the main boards. Not once have I seen a Leafs fan call out their obnoxious brethren for being obnoxious and embarrassing the others. I've seen it very often here with Bruins fans, we call out the idiots all the time. Every team has its idiot fans, I accept that. Not every team's fanbase not only appears to accept them, but they encourage them. That's any Leafs thread on the main board.

GordonHowe

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 21, 2005
Watertown, Massachusetts
Yeah, that's beyond crazy what happened last year. You could even say that Hill was 4th or 5th on the depth chart (Lehner, Thompson, Brossoit, Quick). But Vegas didn't have to ride Hill for all 4 rounds though. Brossoit beat the Jets, and he started the Edmonton series. Luckily for Vegas, Brossoit got injured (they weren't getting by the Oilers with him in net), and the rest is history.

Osgood played behind some loaded Wings teams. The Oilers do not have anyone of Lindstrom's caliber. Their D is not that good. If anything happens to Skinner (injury or poor play), do you really think Pickard is going to lead them to the promise land?
I don't know. But I'm fairly certain the Bruins would have difficulty dealing with EDM's speed and scoring.

Bruinfanatic

Apr 22, 2016
Ontario
I don't post much, but I read the main boards. Not once have I seen a Leafs fan call out their obnoxious brethren for being obnoxious and embarrassing the others. I've seen it very often here with Bruins fans, we call out the idiots all the time. Every team has its idiot fans, I accept that. Not every team's fanbase not only appears to accept them, but they encourage them. That's any Leafs thread on the main board.
I know a lot of Leaf fans and most are pretty obnoxious when it comes to hockey,mainly why I didn’t want them playing the Leafs because it will be brutal if they lose to them.I don’t know maybe it’s time for me to be obnoxious if the Bruins win to them .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad