Post-Game Talk: Eastern Conference Final G1: Caps @ Bolts | 5/11/18 | 8:00pm EST

Status
Not open for further replies.

amjay13

Jan 7, 2007
Scottsdale, AZ
Will be very hard without backstrom.
Cant help again but think how powerful a team Caps would be with Forsberg... I cannot understand how gms make these unacceptable mistakes. They can blow a teams future

First conference finals game in 20 years is hours away and this is being brought up? Enjoy the current day. Btw Forsberg is at home while the Caps are alive.

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
I'm European originally, and there is no reason for these fans to have any ego whatsoever given the level of soccer in this country is dreadful. Dedication to your team is nice, but I'd be laughing at them if I were you for being bat**** crazy if they have this clique crap going on. I rarely watch DCU and soccer in general, but perhaps I'll be more interested in them when the new stadium opens. I tend to follow the US men when they play, but they are awful right now.
I think gate keeping and attempting to feel superior occurs in any niche interest that begins to gain popularity. Even though DCU is over 20 years old at this point it's still a small enough fan base that these supporter groups have guys who feel that because they were with the team since inception they now get to dictate the gameday atmosphere. I mean some of it is fun and cool, having that level of organization within a supporter group can lead to a fun experience, but as always there are some turds who make it a point to act like they are as equal in value to the product on the field. That somewhat jives when you're attracting only a few thousand fans, if you're trying to build a large fanbase though it doesn't work.

Imagine if the Capitals had people like this, it'd be a turn off. It's nice to go to a game and feel like the team and yourself are the only ones really dictating your fan experience.

Last edited:
Reactions: VaCaps Fan

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Tarik said something to the effect of: playoff hockey = goalie

Stressing the obvious, that tender play is huGe. I would love for us to light up Vaseline and chase him.

Who is Tamps resident tough guy.... I see Stampkos led them in PIMs, and that Cedric Baguette fought the other day. Headman, Killhorn.. do they even have one? Maybe Willy and friends can run them out of the rink and back to safety on the beach.

Last edited:

VaCaps Fan

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2018
I think gate keeping and attempting to feel superior occurs in any niche interest that begins to gain popularity. Even though DCU is over 20 years old at this point it's still a small enough fan base that these supporter groups have guys who feel that because they were with the team since inception they no get to dictate the gameday atmosphere. I mean some of it is fun and cool, having that level of organization within a supporter group can lead to a fun experience, but as always there are some turds who make it a point to act like they are as equal in value to the product on the field. That somewhat jives when you're attracting only a few thousand fans, if you're trying to build a large fanbase though it doesn't work.

Imagine if the Capitals had people like this, it'd be a turn off. It's nice to go to a game and feel like the team and yourself are the only ones really dictating your fan experience.
Agreed, Caps games are relaxed as hell with good people!

EroCaps

Aug 24, 2003
Virginia
A few points to play Devil's Advocate for a Caps series win:

The adage that sports is 90% mental is true.

The Caps have been in Tampa's position several times, i.e. deep team, #1 offense, great regular season, etc. The weird cosmic irony is that it should give them the confidence that they can win this series. Also, the relief of having beaten Pittsburgh and gotten here.

The team with better goaltending usually wins.

Holtby is perfectly capable of stealing a couple of games, and you've got to think no one feels better than he does after that last series.

The Caps home crowd will have more juice than it has had in half a decade.

Corby78

65 - 10 - 20
Jan 14, 2014
Ramstein Germany
Will be very hard without backstrom.
Cant help again but think how powerful a team Caps would be with Forsberg... I cannot understand how gms make these unacceptable mistakes. They can blow a teams future

Understand your point, and it was a bad bad trade, but its been a few years and we had a expansion draft, who knows what the roster would have looked like.

brutalbeast

May 3, 2018
Guess who's back
Back again
Destroyer's back
Tell a friend

925d222295c38f1b96126b6438559eaf.jpg
points line vs wilson ovie and kuzy ... they really think they can shut it down mean while tom wilson tunes into 50cent candy shop , he is going to have a feild day crunching small guys lets hope 5'8 166 lb point dont get in his way cause bolts going to scream head shot on every hit. unlike regular season in the playoffs the boys out out to kill when they hit

Reactions: Eazy for Kuzy

txpd

Jan 25, 2003
New Bern, NC
Understand your point, and it was a bad bad trade, but its been a few years and we had a expansion draft, who knows what the roster would have looked like.

Note. At the time of his suspension Tom Wilson had as many even strength playoff points as Forsberg. In the RS Forsberg had just 1 more even strength goal than Wilson.

Lindemann

Apr 7, 2017
Oh we are playing tonight?

I thought we would of forfeited already since the mains say we have no chance

On another note, am I the only one who is less nervous even though this is the farthest they have been since 98? I feel like if we are down a goal or two, we shouldn't worry cause we already killed our demons. I also feel like since we haven't been here before, we have no idea what to expect from this squad so we can't say "same old same old" anymore

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
I'd like Wilson to come out super-physical -- so that this time he can come back from suspension in time for the deciding games in the series.

Also, somebody consult Dale Hunter on whether 1-2-2 is too aggressive. Perhaps a more modern ultra-conservative scheme has been invented.

Anyway, this should be fun. Holtby is playing well, the team is all-time confident after beating Pens -- Tampa should have their hands full.

Reactions: RandyHolt

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
I really think we're going to steal this one. 4-2 Caps. I think all the stress off them will help a ton, including Trotz.

Yep I agree. I think that the more a team hear's that it's the favorite, the more likely they are to lose game 1. As it adds pressure to them, especially at home, it also takes pressure off of us.

Wilson is not going to be able to hit Point. Like, at all. Maybe Djoos can safely hit him.

Last edited:

Skrudland2Lomakin

Jan 1, 2011
Not to belabor the point. But if we keep Forsberg we don't go and get Oshie, that's just the beginning of the snowball effect. I agree that this posturing as if Forsberg would plug into out roster for someone like Chiasson is silly, the entire makeup of the team is different better or even worse if he stays. There's no point in the "what if" game anymore...

Reactions: Aliceanna

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
Not to belabor the point. But if we keep Forsberg we don't go and get Oshie, that's just the beginning of the snowball effect. I agree that this posturing as if Forsberg would plug into out roster for someone like Chiasson is silly, the entire makeup of the team is different better or even worse if he stays. There's no point in the "what if" game anymore...

Yep....time to get the f*** over it already.....

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011
My biggest worry is that the tension will be gone and they'll no longer have the wind in their sails. Not that they don't want to win, not that they don't want to compete, but that the intangible edge will have been dulled to start.

I've been wrong all playoffs, let's hope it continues.

CapitalsCupReality

It’s Go Time!!
Feb 27, 2002
My biggest worry is that the tension will be gone and they'll no longer have the wind in their sails. Not that they don't want to win, not that they don't want to compete, but that the intangible edge will have been dulled to start.

I've been wrong all playoffs, let's hope it continues.

I have zero worries today honestly that are Cap’s related. Let’s see what happens. Players might surprise you like they did in round 2. Feels good to say that.....

Reactions: calicapsfan
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad