Line Combos: Early 2022-2023 Line combo predictions

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Well see. It’s a long season. I bet he plays a shift at RW in the first few games.

Yes, that's what I posted. Then for the rest of the year he's a C through and through unless his shoulder is not ok.

Greig will start on the wing, and I think he sticks there for his career.

My prediction to start the year:
Tkatchuk - Norris - Joseph
DeBrincat - Stuetzle - Bath
Form - Pinto - Brown
Kelly - Kastelic - Watson

ex: Gambrell

Assuming Brown is there, but I get the feeling he's a gonner.

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Yes, that's what I posted. Then for the rest of the year he's a C through and through unless his shoulder is not ok.

Form - Pinto - Brown

Naa. He’ll play lots of shifts at wing for lots of reasons. It won’t be zero. Well see.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Say what you want .. I said he’d play lots (more than zero, more after a few games) of shifts at wing.

More than zero is not lots. Here's Stuetlze last year, he played combined 18% on the wing:

Put your money where your mouth is. I say Pinto and Stuetzle combined will play less than 10%. What say you?

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019

Form - Pinto - Brown

Let’s move on … you’ve gone from no games at wing (after a few games) to 10%.

I think Pinto will play mosty Center but we will see him lineup at wing often. I think he gets a shift+ in many games at wing.

alfstheman

Jul 2, 2009
Our PP is going to be so dangerous.

Norris one tee setup on the right side
Debrincat one tee on left side
Stu, bath as setup men
Tkatchuk crashing net

Sorry chabot, to the 2nd unit for you. never liked his PP play.

Reactions: Cosmix and guyzeur

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
Let’s move on … you’ve gone from no games at wing (after a few games) to 10%.

I think Pinto will play mosty Center but we will see him lineup at wing often. I think he gets a shift+ in many games at wing.
Huh? I said IF he plays wing it will be the beginning of the season. Don't change the story. I think under 10% means from 0 to 10. So my story is the same. Again, you are so confident what say you?

Sweatred

Erase me
Jan 28, 2019
Huh? I said IF he plays wing it will be the beginning of the season. Don't change the story. I think under 10% means from 0 to 10. So my story is the same. Again, you are so confident what say you?

I think he plays shifts at RW all season long..

I think that’s the third time I’ve said that … let’s not make me say it a 4th time.

Kg810

Sep 24, 2015
Lol having a rough day? Being annoying by acting all smug and cocky isn't going to make your day better.

This is a prediction thread. Make yours and move on.

God Says No

Mar 16, 2012
I think he plays shifts at RW all season long..

I think that’s the third time I’ve said that … let’s not make me say it a 4th time.

Yes, but you are skirting around how much. I say very little if at all. So again, let's bet. How much percent-wise?

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
People blaming Chabot for weak PP ability are clueless. He is easily the guy opposition PKers have marked the closest. Look at when Connor Brown and a young Stutzle had the puck after Chabot gave it to them, A WORLD of room, no one respected our options except Chabot who was shadowed closely.

Chabot due for an explosion now that he will actually have space. I remember people screaming for Brannstrom instead and what a colossal failure that was, even when he looked like he was not marked as closely as Chabot.

edguy

Feb 5, 2014
Charlottetown, PEI
Current line predictions without predicting trades or signings.

DeBrincat-Stutzle-Batherson
Tkachuk-Norris-C. Brown
Formenton-Pinto-Joseph
Greig-Kastelic-Watson

Chabot-Zub
Sanderson-Hamonic
Holden-Brannstrom
MDZ-Zaitsev

Forsberg
Murray
Gustavsson

Reactions: Good in Osgoode

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
Current look at our top 9

Tkachuk - Norris - Batherson
DeBrincat - Timmy - C Brown
Formenton-Pinto-Joseph

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010

Formenton-Pinto-Joseph

Lots of speed in the lineup now with Formenton, Joseph, Stutzle and DeBrincat. Is there a faster group out there?

Reactions: DJB

operasen

Apr 27, 2004
Adding Giroux would take this group up a level. I suspect CBrown would then be moved as part of a RD acquisition. The options right through the forward roster would be outstanding and we still have Greig to fit in when he’s ready.
Really like a Formenton - Pinto - Joseph combination. Lots of speed. Now bury the pucks in the net. And the Kelly - Kastelic - Watson opportunity could be really hard to play against.

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Formenton-Pinto-Joseph
We don't need to put a C in front of Brown anymore! Thank goodness. :)

This is what I see as a highly probable scenario at the start of the season; however, I see Formenton and Joseph getting some looks on the top 6.

I think Greig gets time in the AHL and may be joining Ottawa by the TDL.

Reactions: Nova Stutzlia

PlayersLtd

Mar 6, 2019
Brady Norris Bath
*(keep this line together, its too good to be broken up, at least to start the season)

Debrincat Stutzle Brown
*(I prefer Joseph to Brown here tbh but I think the right play is to inflate Brown's value before being traded later in the season. Once gone it's either Joseph who moves up or we target a big body who is tough enough to stand up for Stu and Debrincat as those two, particularly Stu, will be targeted constantly by the opposition)

Formenton Pinto Joseph
*(this is pretty much a dream third line)

Watson Kastelic Crookshank
*(I think Crookshank outplays Kelly over the course of the season and cements a fourth line spot)

PP1

Debrincat Norris Tkachuk Stutzle Chabot

*going five forwards seems like a very un-DJ thing to do and it also exhausts nearly your entire top 6 when the PP expires should the first unit go deep into the 2 minutes so I'm not in favour of that. We are better off spreading it out and with Pinto and Brann already there we have an opportunity to create 2 strong units.

PP2

Brown Pinto Batherson Brannstrom Sando

This is *nearly* a class leading second unit. If Giroux comes in I think we could have one of the best PP2 in the league.

Overall I think the priority, if anything, should be to reinforce the top 4D with a sensible move like Marino. I think someone will emerge internally to round out the top 6 and our offence will be incredibly potent and balanced to begin with, so no throwing the kitchen sink at Giroux for me. Create a situation on D where Sando is paired up really well to start his career and stop at that. If that requires an overpayment then pass and accept that the sum will be stronger than the individual parts and Hamonic or Holden slotting into the top 4 will be just fine for now.

Can't wait.

Reactions: Cosmix and Icelevel

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad