E3 2017 | Sony and Nintendo

X66

114-110
Aug 18, 2008
I still hate that I had to end up returning my Switch due to financial troubles.
I will be picking up one hopefully within the next 2 months or so though.

It's all good.

You'll be picking it before everything ramps up, best time.

Commander Clueless

Apathy of the Leaf
Sep 10, 2008
Seems like Nintendo was the one to actually wow people, so I give them a thumbs up based on that. With a new Pokemon game coming, I'd be very tempted to buy a Switch if they...you know....actually sold them.

They had the best games of the show with Mario Odyssey and Mario/Rabbids

That's highly subjective. ;)

Butchered

I'm with Kuch
Apr 30, 2004
Seems like Nintendo was the one to actually wow people, so I give them a thumbs up based on that. With a new Pokemon game coming, I'd be very tempted to buy a Switch if they...you know....actually sold them.

That's highly subjective. ;)

This man. I'm not a big Nintendo guy, and this is the first time I've really had interest in a non handheld Nintendo system, but I think they way they handle their hardware is absolute trash. They know the damn market for their stuff, but they purposely under produce to create this frenzy around their product. I hate it.

FirstRoundExit

Apr 26, 2015
Got my preorders in..

Days Gone
Cod WW2
Destiny 2
Crash Bandicoot
Red Dead
Far Cry
Spiderman

Wanted to get Anthem, but it wasn't on sale on either site.

Just FYI, Walmart had Free shipping over $50 dollars (so two or more games), Amazon does not. Ended up being $379 at Wal Mart VS $423 at Amazon.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
This man. I'm not a big Nintendo guy, and this is the first time I've really had interest in a non handheld Nintendo system, but I think they way they handle their hardware is absolute trash. They know the damn market for their stuff, but they purposely under produce to create this frenzy around their product. I hate it.

This is not what's going on with Switch supplies. I know it's easy to feel this way because they definitely HAVE utilized this trick with NES Mini's and Amiibo in the past, but the real reason they're struggling to up production right now is the supply issue with 32GB flash memory cards.

Between the midrange phone market and Switch, there's way more demand than supply and it's impacted production. They definitely want more Switches out now.

Habsfan18

The Hockey Library
May 13, 2003
Ontario
My updated pre-order list:

PS4:

Kingdom Hearts III
Days Gone
Detroit: Become Human
Red Dead Redemption 2
Death Stranding
Crash Bandicoot
Assassins Creed Origins

Also plan on pre-ordering Everybody's Golf and Life Is Strange: Before The Storm digitally. soon. And The Last Of Us Part II when available.

XB1:

State Of Decay 2
Crackdown 3

Plan on pre-ordering Ashen when it becomes available

SeidoN

#OGOC #2018 HFW Predictions Champ
Aug 8, 2012
AEF
preorders in 2017 LUL

I dont even preorder on Steam any more even with their refund policy

FirstRoundExit

Apr 26, 2015
Dude, you buy all those games and dont have Amazon Prime?

- Free shipping ON the day the game is released (so you get it the same day it's released in stores)
- 20% all pre orders on video games.

Comes out to $336 before taxes.

Pretty sure walmart doesn't offer that

So close to $500 with tax and the Prime subscription for a year. I don't mind not getting them on day one, not for $80 a year anyway.

FirstRoundExit

Apr 26, 2015
"Absolutely nothing!" said the publishers that continue to heave completely broken games out the door.

It happens sometimes, but I've
pre ordered games for probably the past 4 years.

I'd say I was happy with %90 of them. Worth the risk.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
preorders in 2017 LUL

I dont even preorder on Steam any more even with their refund policy
So much **** is locked behind pre-orders these days that if it's a game I know I'm going to play a lot - then I pre-order.

Especially @ $50....

Oscar Acosta

Mar 19, 2011
I get why preorders are laughed at and the idea why not to do it but like hell Im passing up 20% off or the preorder bonuses to try and take a stand with an anonymous community of people who will never band together enough to stop it.

FirstRoundExit

Apr 26, 2015
Games in Canada are basically $90. When a site is offering a game that I'm 99% going to buy for $50, I'm all over it.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad