Confirmed with Link: Dzingel joins the BSens; signs ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Trying to find a comparable for Dzingy but couldn't think of anyone so I made a bit of research and found this old article

http://palm.rivals.com/newsdetail.asp?CID=1088894

McKeen's: Or model yourself after a bit.

Dzingel: I like Jonathan Toews on the Blackhawks. He works hard, but he's got skill to back up, and I'd like to be anywhere near him someday.

Interesting, would be great if we had a poor man's Toews in him

Like OgieO, I also think he's legit prospect, not some very long shot like a Culek for example (draft position notwithstanding). Dzingel even have a 7.0 C by HF (not that I put a lot of credibility in that lol), which is pretty damn good considering we always get weaker notes than some other teams (Hi Leafs, Rangers, Habs, etc). Ex : Mark Stone is 7.0 C and Lazar is 7.5 C. I think Lazar is pretty much guaranteed to be a 3rd liner at least and Stone a 4th liner... Anyway, there's so much wrong in their thing

Nicklas Lidstrom is not considered a Generational Talent? WTF? Eric Staal is an Elite Talent but Spezza is a First-Line Forward??? Anyway rant over.

Another interesting read :

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/2014/4/2/5574072/ottawa-senators-sign-ohio-states-ryan-dzingel

Dzingel came in at #26 on our list of the Top 100 NHL Prospects in the NCAA this year. Here's what we had to say about him:

26. Ryan Dzingel, Forward, Ohio State (Ottawa Senators)

Dzingel does a little bit of everything for Ohio State. A year after posting a more-than-respectable 38 points in 40 games, Dzingel looks poised to blow past that mark this year as his team’s leading scorer. He’s also a defensive terror on the ice while playing the center position, and plays with a grittiness that would allow him to play any role at the pro level.

Would be great to have an elite 3rd line center with skill in our hands.

Spezza
Turris
Dzingel
Smith

Even if Dzingel don't pan out, we might have to convert Zibanejad and Lazar to the Wing IMO, because we also have guys like Da Costa, Pageau, Grant, Dunn...

I really wish we had a sticky CBA thread for n00bs to answer those predictable routine questions like the one above about whether he can play in college next year, at what age a player can play in the AHL (the discussion around Lazar is painful at times), when a player can start negotiating a new contract, waivers, one way/two way contracts etc. We could just link the thread when one of these questions is asked as board etiquette to encourage people to learn and take part in the discussion.

Even if that thread existed, people would still be lazy and numb. But the possibility to link the thread is attractive though. I support the notion.

That being said, do you know if Lazar can play in the AHL next year? :sarcasm:

Last edited:

arglebargle

Feb 27, 2008
Looking forward to this guy getting 9 minutes of ice time over 2 games and being sent down after he fails to score a hat trick.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Way premature to be proclaiming Dzingel #3 on the centre depth chart over Zibanejad. Zibby's also a much better centre than he is a winger.

Dzingel will be our first line two way center in 4-5 years. I usually do a good job of tempering my expectations when it comes to prospects but this is the one I'm putting all my chips on. I have no idea why. Just in the gut.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Way premature to be proclaiming Dzingel #3 on the centre depth chart over Zibanejad. Zibby's also a much better centre than he is a winger.

also lazar. dzingel would transition better to the wing than those two i'm guessing.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
also lazar. dzingel would transition better to the wing than those two i'm guessing.

Lazar is the one that translates to the wing the easiest since hes played a bunch there. But I really think we should get lazar playing center since hes the most talented youngster we got

BondraTime

Nov 20, 2005
East Coast
Dzingel has been my dark horse prospect since watching him for the first time the year after he was drafted. I've always been pretty high on him, having him in the top 10 of our prospect pool for 2 years.

FlyingJ

Feb 25, 2014
Not to buzzkill, but this ranking gives some perspective as to where Dzingel really stands:

http://www.sbncollegehockey.com/201...-100-nhl-prospects-21-40-free-agent-nhl-draft

you have guys like Barber, Fasching, etc all drafted rounds 4-6 and putting up similar showings in the NCAA. I have high hopes for the kid but he really needs to progress perfectly and take ALL the right steps for himself.

Agreed. Hopefully now that he's turned pro, and gets to see what it's like in the AHL, he'll work even more with the Sens staff on his strength and conditioning in the off-season. He'll need at least a full year in the AHL with maybe a brief call-up towards the end. Still, nice to see a 7th round pick make it this far. Pretty sick pass to D. Grant for his first professional point too.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Admittedly I know very little about Dzingel, but if some of the stuff that has been said about him in this thread is true, he's my new favourite prospect.

Kid put up 47P in 37GP in his final season and is a "hardworking, gritty, defensive terror" that models his game after Jonathan Toews? Consider me a fan.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada

Well... why do you quote just a portion of what I said? What you're saying is pretty much covered in the same sentence where you took your quote...

Even if Dzingel don't pan out, we might have to convert Zibanejad and Lazar to the Wing IMO, because we also have guys like Da Costa, Pageau, Grant, Dunn..

We have a lot of depth at center and Lazar might be the easiest to convert to Wing. Zibanejad might be a different story so we agree there, all that remains to be seen

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad