Confirmed with Link: Dzingel joins the BSens; signs ELC

Status
Not open for further replies.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
I'm really excited to see him at Bingo. He's had great production with OSU & flashed at the d-camps. Imagine how excited we'd be if we signed an NCAA player with his stats.

koreaboy

Oct 14, 2010
every time I've looked at this kid in rookie camps, he's impressed me. speedy little guy with hands and some skill. an outside shot at an NHL career, but an interesting prospect.

Kickabrat

WHAT - ME WORRY?
Jul 4, 2004
Ottawa
I can't wait until the obligatory......but doesn't this put us over the 50 contract limit? question shows up.

FolignoQuantumLeap

Don't Hold The Door
Mar 16, 2009
Ottawa
I can't wait until the obligatory......but doesn't this put us over the 50 contract limit? question shows up.

I really wish we had a sticky CBA thread for n00bs to answer those predictable routine questions like the one above about whether he can play in college next year, at what age a player can play in the AHL (the discussion around Lazar is painful at times), when a player can start negotiating a new contract, waivers, one way/two way contracts etc. We could just link the thread when one of these questions is asked as board etiquette to encourage people to learn and take part in the discussion.

Berserker*

Sick.. Any word on whether McCormick will be joining him?

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
btw - I don't think he's a "long shot" to make the NHL at all. No, he's not a guarantee but he has NHL level skill & skating ability. I think he's got a pretty solid chance to make it.

Berserker*

Yea that would be awesome.

Ya it would be. I assume that 1 of 3 possible scenarios is the cade here.

1.McCormick has decided to play another year for Ohio State

2. McCormick is finishing up some exams and will sign over the next few days when his schooling is completed

3. The Sens are finalizing their negotiations with his agent and he will be signed shortly

Unless somebody has heard something that I haven't I assume that one of the three mentioned is the case.

LuckyPierre

Jul 1, 2010
btw - I don't think he's a "long shot" to make the NHL at all. No, he's not a guarantee but he has NHL level skill & skating ability. I think he's got a pretty solid chance to make it.

From what I saw at development camps, he has the skating, puck handling, and shooting to make it. But it looks as if he'd have a hard time adjusting to being leaned on by NHL sized players. Kind of like what we're seeing with Hoffman.

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary

I expect him to get at least one call up. Hopefully next year

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Sick.. Any word on whether McCormick will be joining him?

I doubt it.

McCormick could benefit another year in college. A year without Dzingel and an increased leadership role as a senior. Nothing else for Dzingel to prove as an amateur where as there still is room for McCormick to grow offensively. No use rushing a prospect even though some people view them as a package deal. They aren't on the same level in terms of prospect development.

source

Jul 13, 2008
I see the future... 3 months from now... HFBoarders pencilling Dzingel into our 2014-2015 lineups.

QuietOnTheFront

@QuietOnTheFront
Jun 17, 2011
Vancouver, BC
IMO the opposite. Looks like people expect too much from him and he will be declared a "bust" pretty soon. .

This.

We have a history of hyping prospects we've never actually seen play and then reality hitting hard once we actually see them.

Should be a fun ride none the less.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Czechia vs Switzerland
    Czechia vs Switzerland
    Wagers: 6
    Staked: $1,214.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Sweden vs Germany