Rumor: Dylan Strome is available (per Elliotte Friedman)

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
I was gonna post the GIF of Barratt doing the cry baby face to Lindgren in the penalty box, then immediately getting out of the box destroying him open ice and puts the puck bar down. But apparently that GIF is gone now.

One of my favorite sequences I’ve seen in a college hockey game in awhile. Barratt can be a bit of a rat. For sure not a fun player to play against in a lot of the same ways Bolland was.
Seems the dude who posted it made his account private. Found this though:

Reactions: CallMeShaft

Blackhawks

Jul 25, 2007
Stan should sign Strome before he trades him, convince him to take 2M per for two years and pump his tires with the thought that in two years he will be making big bucks then BOOM trade! He had unsuccessful stint in Zona then had one good year and then had a down year where he was pretty much useless, Stan should be able to get him to take that deal as he’s still big risk.

Reactions: RememberTheRoar

RememberTheRoar

“I’m not as worried about the 5-on-5 scoring.”
Oct 21, 2015
That's me in the corner
Stan should sign Strome before he trades him, convince him to take 2M per for two years and pump his tires with the thought that in two years he will be making big bucks then BOOM trade! He had unsuccessful stint in Zona then had one good year and then had a down year where he was pretty much useless, Stan should be able to get him to take that deal as he’s still big risk.

I agree with most of this minus the pretty much useless part, I think that’s a bit hyperbolic

Brightwing

Oct 1, 2019
Friedman was on the Blackhawks Talk podcast and said the whole Strome trade thing was overblown. Basically a Buffalo dude who really likes Strome asked what it would take to get him and Friedman made some calls. When he said he could be had, it was purely speculative and the Hawks aren't really actively shopping him. Which makes sense because who is going to make a big trade without knowing the cap for next year?

feichter33

Mar 25, 2013
The podcast really clarified a lot in that EF said the Buffalo guy really like Strome and really it was more of a 'what would it take' not 'is stan punting him'.

I do have to laugh at some guys kicking him to the curb fast. All I do is look back at how long we tried to fill that void with guys like Handzus Bolland Kruger Sharp(who hated c). Now we fight over Dach and him vying for the same spot.

Imo...if noone offers a 1st...scram.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
The podcast really clarified a lot in that EF said the Buffalo guy really like Strome and really it was more of a
'what would it take' not 'is stan punting him'.

I do have to laugh at some guys kicking him to the curb fast. All I do
is look back at how long we tried to fill that void with guys like Handzus Bolland Kruger Sharp(who hated c). Now we fight over Dach and him vying for the same spot.

Imo...if noone offers a 1st...scram.

An early before the hawks even consider it. I'm not a huge fan of Strome hes a talented player.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
REALLY hope we keep Strome. He and Cat have a great chance at bouncing back next season.

We’ve FINALLY established very good(if not great) depth at the center position, which is critical if you want to contend in the post season....so why on earth would we ruin it by trading one of them away? I saw someone suggest we trade him for Noah freakin’ Hanafin!?!? Are u kidding me?? We have a plethora of young highly touted defenseman that are already/near NHL-ready. Why would we acquire another? Who sits then? Mitchell/Boqvist? Wouldn’t make any sense AND we’d be weakening our forward depth in the process.

Reactions: KWP and d rake

dreadpirateroberts

Nov 14, 2018
Seven Seas
REALLY hope we keep Strome. He and Cat have a great chance at bouncing back next season.

We’ve FINALLY established very good(if not great) depth at the center position, which is critical if you want to contend in the post season....so why on earth would we ruin it by trading one of them away? I saw someone suggest we trade him for Noah freakin’ Hanafin!?!? Are u kidding me?? We have a plethora of young highly touted defenseman that are already/near NHL-ready. Why would we acquire another? Who sits then? Mitchell/Boqvist? Wouldn’t make any sense AND we’d be weakening our forward depth in the process.

Hanifin is left handed while Boqvist and Mitchell are right handed. They wouldn’t be sitting lmao. The left side still needs some talent.

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Hanifin is left handed while Boqvist and Mitchell are right handed. They wouldn’t be sitting lmao. The left side still needs some talent.

Keith, de-Haan/Maatta, Carlsson, Beaudin. That’s not enough and would warrant trading a 2C and weakening our center depth/forward depth? Not in a million years. Especially for Hanafin who is above average nothing special.

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Hanifin is left handed while Boqvist and Mitchell are right handed. They wouldn’t be sitting lmao. The left
side still needs some talent.

While I don't disagree on adding talent to the left side of defense.
I still like what the hawks have now.
Keith/De Hann/Maatta and Carlsson/Beaudin and to a lesser extent Gilbert they are ready to go forward.

Reactions: d rake

Ishtabeat

Mar 19, 2020
Strome+Murphy for Brodin+Greenway? Then sign Brodin to 5.5-6 x 5/6. Legit top pairing/good 3D imo and is great defensively which is what the Hawks need. Then take Sanderson with the 9th to round out the defense

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois
Strome+Murphy for Brodin+Greenway? Then sign Brodin to 5.5-6 x 5/6. Legit top pairing/good 3D imo and is great
defensively which is what the Hawks need. Then take Sanderson with the 9th to round out the
defense

Like Brodin, but that's a no from me. And not interested in Sanderson that high in the draft at all.

Reactions: bwana63

SimpleJack

Jul 25, 2013
Strome+Murphy for Brodin+Greenway? Then sign Brodin to 5.5-6 x 5/6. Legit top pairing/good 3D imo and is great defensively which is what the Hawks need. Then take Sanderson with the 9th to round out the defense

Wow. It’s hard for me to put into words just how much I emphatically disagree with every facet of this post.

Crow

May 19, 2014
I don’t know if Murphy is really better than brodin. Better for the money sure.

Putt Pirate

Dec 15, 2015
Brodin is nothing special. And Greenway has been quite the underwhelming performer. Hard pass.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad