News Article: Dylan Samberg has been injured in a car accident

Jimmyjets

Oct 22, 2014
Agreed, they certainly have to look into their options with a lawyer. It's the online advertising that I found odious.

Samberg is certainly at fault for the initial crash. Driving into a stopped car, even if it is partially in his lane, is simply careless driving. This wasn't on some narrow backroad with blind corners or anything. This is a major divided highway with two lanes each direction and from what I could see on Google maps, excellent visibility along the entire stretch where they say the collision occurred. Your job as a driver is to be paying attention at all times and have full control of your vehicle. I don't buy into the premise that this could be just one of those unavoidable accidents that just happen on occasion.

Whether he was texting or otherwise distracted or driving too fast for the range of his headlights, he made a horrible mistake that may yet cost people their lives. Hopefully, the police got the black box information from both vehicles that crashed into the stopped car. They should also subpoena their phone records to see if there was texting at the time. If he was doing something he shouldn't have, I've got no problem with throwing the book at him. Even if he is a Jets prospect.

In insurance you're usually looking at the proximate cause in assigning blame. i.e. what was the first thing in a series of events that caused the final outcome.

From what I read the first car hit a deer and then didn't completely clear the lane when they stopped on the side of the road and they were there long enough that pedestrians were able to arrive on the scene to check on them. The real question is did that vehicle have it's 4 way flashers on or not? At this time of year, it is dark at the time of the accident and if the vehicle was in park, that means there also wouldn't have been brake lights alerting the following vehicles that there was a change in speed to the car up ahead.

Granted, rear ending someone is rear ending them but it very well could be that the driver of the Buick created a very dangerous situation by not clearing the lane. I don't know if the hazard lights were on or not, but to me that is a critical piece of information in assigning blame.

For all we know there could have been a giant dead deer on the road that Samberg needed to swerve to get around and while he was focused on the deer he ended up clipping the stopped vehicle that was blocking the lane. A third car crashed in Dylan's vehicle, so unless it was an immediate impact as he hit the first vehicle I think I'd give the benefit of the doubt to the fact that visibility may not have been perfect.

Likely all the parties would be named in a civil suit, including Buick and whatever other kinds of cars they were driving. I just think we don't have the facts and one piece of information that is missing is critical in determining fault, IMO.

You're talking about criminal charges here, but it's all speculative as we don't have all the information. You've decided that he's guilty and charges should be placed without having all the facts. Innocent until proven guilty exists for a reason.

Last edited:
Reactions: KingBogo

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
In insurance you're usually looking at the proximate cause in assigning blame. i.e. what was the first thing in a series of events that caused the final outcome.

From what I read the first car hit a deer and then didn't completely clear the lane when they stopped on the side of the road and they were there long enough that pedestrians were able to arrive on the scene to check on them. The real question is did that vehicle have it's 4 way flashers on or not? At this time of year, it is dark at the time of the accident and if the vehicle was in park, that means there also wouldn't have been brake lights alerting the following vehicles that there was a change in speed to the car up ahead.

Granted, rear ending someone is rear ending them but it very well could be that the driver of the Buick created a very dangerous situation by not clearing the lane. I don't know if the hazard lights were on or not, but to me that is a critical piece of information in assigning blame.

For all we know there could have been a giant dead deer on the road that Samberg needed to serve to get around and while he was focused on the deer he ended up clipping the stopped vehicle that was blocking the lane. A third car crashed in Dylan's vehicle, so unless it was an immediate impact as he hit the first vehicle I think I'd give the benefit of the doubt to the fact that visibility may not have been perfect.

Likely all the parties would be named in a civil suit, including Buick and whatever other kinds of cars they were driving. I just think we don't have the facts and one piece of information that is missing is critical in determining fault, IMO.

You're talking about criminal charges here, but it's all speculative as we don't have all the information. You've decided that he's guilty and charges should be placed without having all the facts. Innocent until proven guilty exists for a reason.

Innocent until proven guilty except for here at gossip girls kangaroo court of HFBoards Jetsville joyville!

we proudly manufacture events and leap to conclusions on half truths. Our fictional world of micromanaging a hockey team can comfortably transition to any area on demand.....our collective wisdom knows no bounds. No facts......no problem!

Often wrong......never in doubt.

:laugh::sarcasm:

Last edited:

Atoyot

Jul 19, 2013
So apparently Sandberg was uninjured in the crash why is this even a topic?
Because he was in a crash that left 4 people with life threatening injuries and even if he is 100% free from injury himself there are different factors to take into account that can still affect him?

Reactions: Jetsetter and hn777

10Ducky10

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2015
Innocent until proven guilty except for here at gossip girls kangaroo court of HFBoards Jetsville joyville!

we proudly manufacture events and leap to conclusions on half truths. Our fictional world of micromanaging a hockey team can comfortably transition to any area on demand.....our collective wisdom knows no bounds. No facts......no problem!

Post of the day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: ps241

kcin94

Jul 17, 2011

Yes. HFJets is on the internet.

HannuJ

Nov 20, 2011
Toronno
it's been a few weeks. no charges laid. so we can conclude that there wasn't any carelessness involved by Samberg

DoingItCoolKiwi

May 23, 2017
Hope Jets got Samberg a good trauma therapist the second this happened. Guilt from this type of stuff can ruin some peoples careers, even if they did nothing wrong

Reactions: Eyeseeing and hn777

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad