Dylan Larkin vs Mika Zibanejad vs Sean Monahan

Who is the best player?

• Total voters

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
It’s between Zib and Larkin here imo
Zib with 70 (30-40) in 76, Larkin with 64 (28-36) in 70. Both with good 2 way games and both not playing with good players. Larkin will likely be better going forward but I’ll homer and say Zib and I expect Wings fans to do the same

koyvoo

Nov 8, 2014
Not really sure why Zibanejad is here... He's two years older than Monahan and four years older than Larkin.
Players of any age can be compared in terms of who is better in a current time frame. The question is who “is” better, not who will develop better or who has the most upside/potential.

Anyhow, it’s Larkin for me.

BowDownToVasilevskiy

Jun 30, 2013
Canada
Not really sure why Zibanejad is here... He's two years older than Monahan and four years older than Larkin.
Just thought it would be a fun comparison and whatnot. I feel like you could make a case for each player being better than the other.

Players of any age can be compared in terms of who is better in a current time frame. The question is who “is” better, not who will develop better or who has the most upside/potential.
I agree

Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Zibanejad had a nice breakout season, so based on the original question, you could make a case for him over Larkin. In terms of potential, even Rangers fans (I think?) would agree that Larkin is the choice, but as for right now, you could make a case for Zibanejad for sure.

Looks like Larkin is finally starting to get his credit around here though which is nice. Earlier this year he was losing a poll to Horvat lol.

Reactions: Lays

Lays

Jan 22, 2017
Right now, Zibanejad, but he's peaking where the other players may have not just yet.
I wouldn’t say Zib is peaking, I think this is the start of his prime. This is a completely different Zibanejad than what we saw last year and the points he’s putting up is impressive with our lineup. He was a bit inconsistent in years prior but this year he’s been dominant nearly every game

NYRKing

Mar 12, 2008
Nice trio there. I voted Larkin.

Love how Zib progressed this year, but Larkin has the edge with his speed and dominant two-way play.

Maybe Monahan doesn't get enough credit here because he's overshadowed by the CGY top 6, but probably the best offensive player of the bunch.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
If I'm trying to win a game tomorrow, I would take Zibanejad, but I might take Larkin going into next season based on their career trajectories. This might be Zibanejad's best year, but it also could be him taking a new step. It's hard to know. I've just never been a fan of Monahan. Good offensive forward miscast as a #1 center. I think it's very unlikely he would outplay most of the top 25-30 centers head to head in the playoffs.

Reactions: Lays

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
It’s between Zib and Larkin here imo
Zib with 70 (30-40) in 76, Larkin with 64 (28-36) in 70. Both with good 2 way games and both not playing with good players. Larkin will likely be better going forward but I’ll homer and say Zib and I expect Wings fans to do the same

:huh:

You do realize Monahan has 76 points right?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad