Movies: Dunkirk: Christopher Nolan next movie release date July 2017

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
So Cillian Murphy and Tom Hardy have worked together a fair number of times now.

Inception
Peaky Blinders
The Dark Knight Rises
Dunkirk

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
Neither Memento nor Insomnia had any links to anything to do with sci fi.

The Batman trilogy isn't sci fi either. The Presitge has some limited sci fi elements in it, but overall isn't a sci fi movie. I'm not sure I'd classify Inception as a sci fi movie, but it has sci fi elements in it. Interstellar has been his only pure science fiction movie.

LarKing

Sep 2, 2012
Michigan
Damn that was a very powerful trailer. Very simple but really good. Definitely will be watching this. Nolan and Hardy are fantastic.

Shareefruck

Apr 2, 2005
Vancouver, BC
If it's a good movie, Americans will be interested. I don't think the fact that it's a British/French battle with British actors is going to be that big a deal, TBH. Plus, Nolan's name alone still draws crowds.

As a historical aside, I've always wondered what would have happened if the Germans had kept their foot on the throttle and preventing the evacuation at Dunkirk.
I don't think that's true. But Nolan does draw crowds regardless.

Nalens Oga

Jan 5, 2010
Canada
This is gonna be terrifying isn't it? Christopher Nolan knows how to 'get real' and I can't image what he'd do with a war film.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
I wonder if we'll get the clear speaking Tom Hardy from Inception or the mumbling Tom Hardy from the Revenant, Dark Knight Rises or Peaky Blinders.

Osprey

Feb 18, 2005
Considering that it's Christopher Nolan, I wonder how many people think that it's aliens, superheroes or spaceships that are descending on the soldiers.

Please don't Americanise/Hollywoodise this

You should've thought about that before you gave the evacuation a happy ending. If it had ended in disaster, Hollywood wouldn't have touched it with a 10-foot pole and all of the films on it would've been French.

Last edited:

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
I wonder if we'll get the clear speaking Tom Hardy from Inception or the mumbling Tom Hardy from the Revenant, Dark Knight Rises or Peaky Blinders.

Or Bronson, Locke, Warrior, Legend (one of his characters speaks clearly anyway. The crazier twin mumbles), he speaks mostly clearly in those films.

Chaels Arms

Formerly Lias Andersson
Aug 26, 2010
New York City
Considering that it's Christopher Nolan, I wonder how many people think that it's aliens, superheroes or spaceships that are descending on the soldiers.

It sounds crazy but this is one of the reasons why I don't think the British/French characters is going to make a difference in the US. Most people in the US won't even realize they're going to watch a movie about British and French soldiers until it's halfway finished.

And yes, I'm from the US. I just think we do an awful job of teaching WW2 in schools now and that hasn't been helped by the demise of the History channel.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Finally! A trailer that doesn't ruin the movie in any way (Not that we don't know what happens).

That Junkers Siren though. Get Hype!

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Im just glad they finally made a film about this. It shows yet again how much farther Germany was in terms of modern warfare.

You should watch Generation War. It's a great miniseries based around the stories of 5 German friends who all get caught up in the war in different ways. It's a great build up of the might of Germany which eventually leads into a depressing visual of German defeat.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad