Proposal: Dumba to DET

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Strong with wingers?

We have 1 mid six RW and a over the hill vet... Tuch is pretty much guaranteed a roster spot in top6, ready or not.

That's 100% not true.

Digitalbooya

By order of the Peaky Blinders
Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Dumba + one of Kunin/JEE for Larkin? :dunno:

Trading any one of Dumba/Kunin/JEE before they even turn 23 would be a mistake. Kunin has the makings to be the "next Larkin." 19 goals on a mediocre to bad Wisconsin team prior to his draft. Larkin had 15 goals as a frosh on a stacked offensive Michigan team after he was drafted.

Not demeaning Larkin but asking for patience on Kunin. People will see.

Sarge58

Jan 25, 2014
So bag of spares for a player?

Folin for Svechnikov. Or Tuch for Svechnikov. Spares for spares.

Neither Svechnikov or Tuch are spare parts and Tuch is multiple tiers above Folin.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Trading any one of Dumba/Kunin/JEE before they even turn 23 would be a mistake. Kunin has the makings to be the "next Larkin." 19 goals on a mediocre to bad Wisconsin team prior to his draft. Larkin had 15 goals as a frosh on a stacked offensive Michigan team after he was drafted.

Not demeaning Larkin but asking for patience on Kunin. People will see.

Sorry, but I'd do tha deal in a flash. I don't see Kunin having anything like the wheels that Larkin has. As for,talent...well let's just say that the Wild will have hit the jackpot if he has anything like Larkin's talent.

Larkin could well have a sophomore jinx, somewhat like Mackinnon, which will lower his value. Till then, he is a very shiny toy that will cost a fortune. Brodin was similar after his rookie year.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Sorry, but I'd do tha deal in a flash. I don't see Kunin having anything like the wheels that Larkin has. As for,talent...well let's just say that the Wild will have hit the jackpot if he has anything like Larkin's talent.

Larkin could well have a sophomore jinx, somewhat like Mackinnon, which will lower his value. Till then, he is a very shiny toy that will cost a fortune. Brodin was similar after his rookie year.

Yep, let's trade a guy we just drafted at #15 and put up a phenomal goal scoring season as a 17 year old freshman in college (Larkin was 18 his freshman year of Michigan). I wonder what Detroit fans would think if they would have traded Larkin+another high end piece and not received a superstar. Don't kid yourself either Wild fans, Larkin put up 45 points this year. He's not a superstar (yet). Dumba+Kunin is ridiculous to even consider trading away. Would you do Brodin+Kunin for Larkin?

Were you not watching when Kunin played the gophers in Minnaepolis? He was a threat every time he was on the ice.

gwh

Mar 4, 2013
That's 100% not true.

That is 100% the truth and not admitting is delusional.

Coyle is the right wing. Pommer is maybe.

Tuch is already in the roster, since Zucker blows on his offhand.

RW depth

1st liners (25+25): Nobody

2nd liners (20+20): Coyle

3rd liners (15+15): Pommer. (maybe leaving the team)

4th liners (7+7): Stewart

LW depth

1st: Parise. Nino?

2nd: Granlund. Nino?

3rd: Zucker (on the left only.)

4th: Downing?

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
Parise-Staal-Coyle
Zucker-Koivu-Granlund
Nino-Haula-Pominville
Carter/Porter/Cullen-Graovac-Stewart

Lineup looks good to me.

Digitalbooya

Sponsor
Jul 10, 2010
Wisconsin
We don't quite have Cullen yet... ;)

Also, if we did, I'd expect Graovac gets a year on wing.

I listed him last since it sounds like the Wild management are holding up the deal. We also don't have Carter or Porter signed. Zac Dalpe could be a good 4th line left wing. Russo mentioned in his latest podcast that if we do sign Cullen then maybe he's center or maybe Graovac is and Cullen is the backup on the line. I'd personally put him at center.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
That is 100% the truth and not admitting is delusional.

Coyle is the right wing. Pommer is maybe.

Tuch is already in the roster, since Zucker blows on his offhand.

RW depth

1st liners (25+25): Nobody

2nd liners (20+20): Coyle

3rd liners (15+15): Pommer. (maybe leaving the team)

4th liners (7+7): Stewart

LW depth

1st: Parise. Nino?

2nd: Granlund. Nino?

3rd: Zucker (on the left only.)

4th: Downing?

Tuch is only on the roster if he's good enough to play at a top 6 level. That's why we signed Stewart. Nino, Pominville, Coyle can all play top 9 RW. Tuch is far from a lock to be on the roster, and he certainly won't be on it just because we have no better options than to rush the kid.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
What's your take on the Staal signing?

Ultimately ok with it. We were limited with what we could do, and for $3.5M I think you could make worse gambles. I was hoping for 1 year flyer, but I'm sure that was unrealistic.

I didn't watch much of Carolina/New York, so I can't opine very definitely on how much he has left in the tank, but I like his underlying possession numbers, and I'm hoping Parise and Coyle can drag a few points out of him.

Him maintaining at the ~40-45 point mark would be at least acceptable, rebounding into the 50+ ideal, and continuing downward into the 30's and 20's pretty disastrous.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don't think it's so much that we can't afford a 30 point C for three years, but more that the Wild can't have yet another declining vet on their roster for chemistry reasons. The young guys, who are paid less than the vets for the most part, have to be looking at the old guard and saying, " really? you guys get the lion's share of the PP, and more playing time No matter how much you stink".

Would also be a yet another FA fail by Fletcher.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad