Rumor: Dumba: Several teams interested, part 2

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Dumba can definitely be physical. But his slightly built (only 180 pounds) so being physical can be hard on his body. He’s had recent injury troubles, right?
He's had one injury where he blew out his pectoral in a fight. Beyond that he's been perfectly healthy.

Sempiternal

Jul 5, 2014
I doubt Minnesota would have interest in either.

It's interesting, because we rarely see fans like the return when they trade the slightly better player. They expect this great player coming back when in reality they get 2 average players that the organization hope will help them. I feel like Athanasiou is like fools gold and someone is going to buy him.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
It's interesting, because we rarely see fans like the return when they trade the slightly better player. They expect this great player coming back when in reality they get 2 average players that the organization hope will help them. I feel like Athanasiou is like fools gold.
The drop from Dumba to Athanasiou and Larsson is more than "slight."

Reactions: _Del_

ctmagic

Jan 15, 2013
Would love to see us amass as much draft capital as possible, trade up and take a big swing on a guy like Byfield. Dumba for best pick/prospect package possible, then 9oa and the first from Dumba trade. Is that enough to entice Ottawa for 3oa?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Would love to see us amass as much draft capital as possible, trade up and take a big swing on a guy like Byfield. Dumba for best pick/prospect package possible, then 9oa and the first from Dumba trade. Is that enough to entice Ottawa for 3oa?

No. Ottawa has enough prospects in their pool, what they need is high end talent, and specifically a 1C, and that's what they're getting at 3 and 5.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
I think that if the Wild had the choice they would take Danault over Domi.
correct, i'm not opposed to Domi but I don't think either team will find the right price to move Domi to Minnesota.

Montreal probably views Domi in a higher light and Minnesota probably view him in a lower one. the correct evaluation is somewhere in the middle that both teams probably don't agree on.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Never saw Danault being an option to move from MTL. The only reason he would is if his contract demands were outrageous. Why would MN want a part of that?
Now that MTL has signed Petry, I don't see any deal for Dumba to MTL. You don't need a 6M third pairing RHD.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm not the one who posted one hit on a smaller player as an example of toughness.
Barkov is bigger alright. Can't say he's any tougher

So in order to be a physical player you have to target only the toughest guys with your hits?

Reactions: TheeNorthStar

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Not at all. I checked out some other highlight clips of Dumba hits. He looks to catch other players with their heads down
What you didn't like that hit against Reaves?

So he's not only physical, but he's smart about it too?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad