Rumor: Dumba deal in the works... several teams interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
Sooo jets give up the best player and the best pick..
Montreal gives up a decent center and a middle 1st..
Mini gives up dumba..
Tough go for Winnipeg ouch!!
Thats why I said and even bolded AS A BASE. I know it isn't perfect but prospects and more picks can be added. Jets do give the best player no doubt but they also do get a 2nd line center and a Dman which fills two of there needs.

Legegendsofthenorth

Jun 6, 2018
I haven't been able to read all 40 pages, but what is the top HFBoards armchair GM offer for Dumba so far?

No clue. A lot of decent player packages to the Wild, but the Wild have a lot of decent to good players with no super elite talent. (MAYBE FIALA AND KK but we will see).

I would like to see some trades where it's a Dumba + or Dumba ++ for a really good center.

Just my opinion

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
55 points at center with an 80 point winger means you're not a good center
Wow, you are not even worth debating with as you don't have any sort of facts to back ridiculous statements with. RNH is a very good two way center who played PK, PP as well as top line minutes against all of the other teams top lines as a 21-22 year old center.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Your points on this topic are progressively making less sense.
Edmonton was a good team when RNH was playing center? Minnesota just played a playoff series with Alex Galchenyuk centering the 2nd line. Does that make him a quality center? Is the argument that slowly going from 56 points to 48 points over 5 seasons is the progression of a quality 1st line center?

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Well seeing as he was getting 55 points a year prior to McDrai arriving I think you are overstating this as an Issue. I would bear in mind Dumba has only had more than 34 points once in his career here, so my valuation has a lot to do with that.
He was the number one pick in the draft and as the Oilers number one center they continued to be the worst team in the league. He was playing with Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle and still couldn't crack 60 points.

If the Wild traded Dumba for RNH, Dumba would probably outscore RNH next year.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
He was the number one pick in the draft and as the Oilers number one center they continued to be the worst team in the league. He was playing with Taylor Hall and Jordan Eberle and still couldn't crack 60 points.

If the Wild traded Dumba for RNH, Dumba would probably outscore RNH next year.

Thats more a statement about your team than RNH.

Reactions: 780il

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
No clue. A lot of decent player packages to the Wild, but the Wild have a lot of decent to good players with no super elite talent. (MAYBE FIALA AND KK but we will see).

I would like to see some trades where it's a Dumba + or Dumba ++ for a really good center.

Just my opinion

What really good center is truly available?

Other than a team like Pittsburgh trying to rebuild by trading Malkin for young players there isn’t any center realistically available.

There are a bunch of players on wing who have C next to their name but they haven’t shown center play at Nhl level.

There are secondary centers available or some with potential.

Nothing that can be gotten with Dumba++ as a fair price.

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
No it was me trying to point out that this is your teams problems not the players in question, either Dumb and his 34 points or RNH and his 55.
Dude 55 points is like a 4th liner center. The Oilers realized this—after 9 seasons—and appropriately moved him to wing.

Reactions: 780il

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
No it was me trying to point out that this is your teams problems not the players in question, either Dumb and his 34 points or RNH and his 55.
Guess how many points Dumba was on pace to score last season before he was injured? Here's a hint, it's more than RNH has ever scored as a center.

Legegendsofthenorth

Jun 6, 2018
What really good center is truly available?

Other than a team like Pittsburgh trying to rebuild by trading Malkin for young players there isn’t any center realistically available.

There are a bunch of players on wing who have C next to their name but they haven’t shown center play at Nhl level.

There are secondary centers available or some with potential.

Nothing that can be gotten with Dumba++ as a fair price.

And I agree with you. Unless something really comes out of left field you can really see him staying. Especially if a Greenway + can fetch something similar to Dumba. Might as well just go that route and keep him

Dickie Dunn

Jan 4, 2016
Minneapolis
He should probably get to 15 before we discuss 30. Not his fault he got hurt during a career year but he does need to show it wasn’t a fluke. He took a huge, scary step back this year. I would prefer GMBG kept him but this series of moves seems to have taken any semblance of reason and thrown it into the air.

Reactions: Dr Jan Itor

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
He should probably get to 15 before we discuss 30. Not his fault he got hurt during a career year but he does need to show it wasn’t a fluke. He took a huge, scary step back this year. I would prefer GMBG kept him but this series of moves seems to have taken any semblance of reason and thrown it into the air.

It was a fluke. He needs to show that the year before wasn't.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Just needs 82 games of an almost unheard of shooting % (for a defenseman) instead of 32.

Yeah, definitely not likely, especially considering the only guy who has done in the last 20 years is Mike Green (Burns had 29 and 27).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad