Rumor: Dumba deal in the works... several teams interested

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg
Unfortunately we don't have Leon Draisaitl or McDavid on the Wild to carry RNH. Rats. I guess we'll have to look elsewhere.
Well seeing as he was getting 55 points a year prior to McDrai arriving I think you are overstating this as an Issue. I would bear in mind Dumba has only had more than 34 points once in his career here, so my valuation has a lot to do with that.

Reactions: TheNumber4

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
Is Minnesota interested in a prospect package plus Adam Gaudette?
They would need to take a cap dump in Eriksson coming back but might be something they can eat
(Eriksson is owed little real cash compared to his cap hit)

Galaxydoggystyle

Jul 4, 2019
What center do you expect for Dumba then
They don't want Danault or Domi either don't feel bad. I think wild fans know that there only trade chip is Dumba and are desperate trying to get that number one center that is no where to be found. I think there best chance is to try and get as many 1st round draft picks as possible and rebuild.

Habs -Laine
Jets - Dumba and Danault/Domi
Wild - 1st(Habs) 1st (Jets)+ more picks most likely from the habs

as a base and add more to whatever team needs to add more but it fills a need for all three teams as the Jets get there 2nd line center and Dman and habs get there winger and wild get a few 1st round picks and most likely more picks where they can draft as many players as possible in a deep draft.

Also I know this is a pipe dream but its fun to dream :laugh:

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Is Minnesota interested in a prospect package involving Adam Gaudette? They would need to take a cap dump in Eriksson coming back but might be something they can eat (Eriksson is owed little real cash compared to his cap hit)
It would cost more than Gaudette just to move Eriksson.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
He got 55 points a year as our number on center prior to Mcdrai arriving and who are you to talk you guys have a grand total of one center(Ek)who is not total hot garbage.
55 points at center with an 80 point winger means you're not a good center

Nedarb

Feb 19, 2019
They don't want Danault or Domi either don't feel bad. I think wild fans know that there only trade chip is Dumba and are desperate trying to get that number one center that is no where to be found. I think there best chance is to try and get as many 1st round draft picks as possible and rebuild.

Habs -Laine

as a base and add more to whatever team needs to add more but it fills a need for all three teams as the Jets get there 2nd line center and Dman and habs get there winger and wild get a few 1st round picks and most likely more picks where they can draft as many players as possible in a deep draft.

Sooo jets give up the best player and the best pick..
Montreal gives up a decent center and a middle 1st..
Mini gives up dumba..
Tough go for Winnipeg ouch!!

Siludin

Dec 9, 2010
He got 55 points a year as our number on center prior to Mcdrai arriving and who are you to talk you guys have a grand total of one center(Ek)who is not total hot garbage.
55 points after slurping up first line centre minutes is low tier in the NHL. Lots of players can get 50 points if they are gifted those minutes. We are talking the impact of Kyle Calder and Mark Bell on the 2005-2006 Blackhawks. If you are not a ppg in those minutes you won't keep those minutes for more than a couple of seasons while your team desperately seeks out a solution.

Chayos

Mar 6, 2003
Winnipeg

Habs -Laine

It involves a pipe for sure.

Habs: Laine
Jets: Domi, Romanov, MTL-1st

Leave Minny out of it. This is what it would take to get Winnipeg to even Listen. I am sure Jets fans will light me up even at that.

canadianmagpie

Jan 26, 2010
I would not be interested in Dumba on the Canucks. Not that he's not a good player, he's just not the right fight. Canucks need someone to play with Hughes and the RHD they have are Myers, Tanev (UFA) and Stecher (RFA). Myers is not a top pairing defenseman but his salary would put him in that second pairing. Stecher would be that 3rd pairing with Raffety in the minors as the next call up. Hughes needs a defense-first player so that he can join the rush while knowing he's leaving a strong defenseman back. I'd prefer to see Tanev resigned or targeting a different defenseman to Dumba.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad