GDT: Ducks vs Sharks 12.09.16 7:00PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

2faded

Jul 3, 2009
Torrance, CA
I think it's clear they are still struggling with the system, especially when transitioning out of the defensive zone. Too many rim arounds right to an opposing defense men because there's no winger on the boards, and too many reversals where no one is expecting it. They hem themselves in far too often.

Great win and solid results so far on the season, despite what I think we all can agree on has been subpar performances for a majority of games this season. If they can put it together while continuing to win ugly, they could make a real push.

I think BB had a better system, imo. We're basically banking on Carlyle getting it done in the playoffs if they make it. It might pay off, who knows. I don't.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Solid season by what standards? Just asking not arguing.

On pace for 20+. Top of the team in hits. Can play on multiple lines. Goes to the net

He's never going to be a great offensive player probably but he makes enough good plays to stay productive I think

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
On pace for 20+. Top of the team in hits. Can play on multiple lines. Goes to the net

He's never going to be a great offensive player probably but he makes enough good plays to stay productive I think

I think if he turns in to a 30-30 type power forward we would all be ecstatic. I actually disagree with the poster who stated that his IQ is behind his skills. I think his skills, and athleticism are behind his IQ, which is understandable given the "normal" career development of a bigger power forward type like Ritchie. As he's progressed, he's shown the ability to slow the game down more and I think he will continue to do so.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Seems like low expectations for #10 overall.

Not really. # 10 overall picks the last 6 years:
2010: Dylan McClrath
2011: Brodin
2012: Slater Koekoek
2013: Valeri Nichushkin
2014: Ritchie
2015: Mikko Rantanen
2016: Tyson Jost

I don't see any stars there. In fact I see a few obvious busts

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
So happy about this game. Getting the win with Theodore and Ritchie with a pair of assists and Lindholm with a game winning goal :yo:

Misleader

Dec 12, 2011
Not really. # 10 overall picks the last 6 years:
2010: Dylan McClrath
2011: Brodin
2012: Slater Koekoek
2013: Valeri Nichushkin
2014: Ritchie
2015: Mikko Rantanen
2016: Tyson Jost

I don't see any stars there. In fact I see a few obvious busts

Isn't Rantanen like Colorado's best forward?

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
I thought Ritchie played a great game. He was hitting, had multiple scoring opportunities by being in the right spot, and made that sweet play to set up Lindholm.

He's finally starting to hang on to the puck without handling it like a grenade. Seems he's catching up with the speed of the NHL.

WhatTheDuck

9 - 20 - 8
May 17, 2007
Worst Case, Ontario
Seems like low expectations for #10 overall.

It's a reasonable expectation of a 21 year old power forward. If he can pot around 20 goals and lead the team in hits, that would be a very positive result for his first full season. The most important thing is that he's showing clear progression from last year.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
It's a reasonable expectation of a 21 year old power forward. If he can pot around 20 goals and lead the team in hits, that would be a very positive result for his first full season. The most important thing is that he's showing clear progression from last year.

This. He looked like he didn't even belong last year. Now he does.

He is only 21.

caliamad

Mar 14, 2003
Visit site
I think overall we were better than last game, but our defensive player, breakouts, and turnovers in at the other 2 teams red line needs to be better.

I personally take perry off the first line and see what he could against better matchups. With the way rakell and kesler are playing they will likely see the top 2 pairings.

I also agree fowler manson, Hamps vats, Theodore bieksa.

Theodore is far from perfect but can move the puck ans makes against other teams bottom six.

Bieksa does least damage there.

What worries me more is vats doesn't have any signs of getting better. I feel his stats have been inflated by the pp and playing on third pairing.

Honestly moving him before fowler,lindholm, manson makes more sense very day.

I'm starting to love calmer. He may not be a top9 forward but damn he knows how to get the teams and fans amped.

I'm still not sold on brown but I have liked noesen so far, and would play Garbutt crammer noesen.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
He's on pace for 20 goals. That's pretty good for a 2nd year power forward.

Fewer than that. But, he's having a solid season...for a second year player. Yeah, I'll go along with that. Very good progress this year.

Meh. I'll celebrate when he hits 20 goals. I see all physical attributes and no IQ.

I'm with you on the first part. He produces in chunks.

The play he made tonight shows IQ

He had a late shift where he looked like old school Bobby Ryan out there. It's encouraging to see him figure out how to be dominant at this level. Vermette's been a good center for him.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
I think overall we were better than last game, but our defensive player, breakouts, and turnovers in at the other 2 teams red line needs to be better.

I personally take perry off the first line and see what he could against better matchups. With the way rakell and kesler are playing they will likely see the top 2 pairings.

I also agree fowler manson, Hamps vats, Theodore bieksa.

Theodore is far from perfect but can move the puck ans makes against other teams bottom six.

Bieksa does least damage there.

What worries me more is vats doesn't have any signs of getting better. I feel his stats have been inflated by the pp and playing on third pairing.

Honestly moving him before fowler,lindholm, manson makes more sense very day.

I'm starting to love calmer. He may not be a top9 forward but damn he knows how to get the teams and fans amped.

I'm still not sold on brown but I have liked noesen so far, and would play Garbutt crammer noesen.
I like Theo a lot in transition in the neutral zone, and I love him on the power play. But I hate him in the defensive zone. He just isn't good right now. Bieksa is a terrible partner choice for him.

Oct 18, 2011
I think around 20 goals and 200 hits would be a very successful year for Ritchie when you consider where he was last year. He may only end up being a role player but that's ok, i'd like to see him work on getting his shots off a little quicker.

Goose of Reason

El Zilcho
May 1, 2013
You guys need to be patient with Ritchie. He's having a good sophomore season with a huge step in development and that's promising.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Great Britain vs Finland
    Great Britain vs Finland
    Wagers: 1
    Staked: $400.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Kazakhstan vs Slovakia
    Kazakhstan vs Slovakia