GDT: Ducks vs Sharks 12.09.16 7:00PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
I hate that Theodore Bieksa is out every time RPG is out. Way too scary when the forwards inevitably turn it over.

RC heard you, so he put Fowler with Bieksucks out there. Casual Kev promptly goes out lays a skid mark in his jock strap at the sight of Marleau. Excellent personnel usage there RC.

DuckRogers10

Feb 3, 2016
Cypress, CA
Lets have a protest in front of the Honda Center every ****ing day until they sit ****ieksa. i can't believe I bought a jersey of his. To be fair to myself though, I did buy it before last season started. Worst hockey money I've ever spent. haha.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
How long before this fan base turns on Cramarossa for hitting and fighting?

What a dumb thing to say.

People don't dislike Boll because he fights. They dislike him because he sucks at hockey. Regardless of what you think, most fans prefer their team to be physical. They just have to be good in other aspects too. Cramarossa is, Boll isn't. This is not rocket science.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Glad to see Lindholm get off the schneid! Maybe this'll spark his offensive side.

Side thought...I feel like Vermette's decision-making gets worse if he hangs onto the puck too long.

Bender66

Send in the clowns
Oct 4, 2008
SoCal
I want to see kase with some speed and skill players just for a game.

Bieksa was so ****ing bad this game.

You can't really break up the 1st line for Kase. Silv and Cogs are rocking and rolling.

I wouldn't mind seeing Kase take a few shifts with Rak and Getz. But that also means he would be playing against tougher matchups, not sure coaching staff is comfortable with his defensive zone work to do that yet. Then again, you can't play worse defense than Perry right now so ...

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Given Vatanen's decent chemistry with Stoner, I would be interested in seeing how a Stoner - Montour outing would look like for a few games.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
The defense will be corrected once Stoner returns
Bieksa Fowler is even better than Fowler Vatanen

Bieksa-anybody is worse than any pairing that doesn't have Bieksa. He's been horrendous.

Granted, Vatanen isn't a good partner for Fowler. You're right about that.

Dirk316

Nov 8, 2004
St Petersburg, Fl
What a dumb thing to say.

People don't dislike Boll because he fights. They dislike him because he sucks at hockey. Regardless of what you think, most fans prefer their team to be physical. They just have to be good in other aspects too. Cramarossa is, Boll isn't. This is not rocket science.

OK hahaha meanwhile look back at posts by members here about how useless fighting is and how it's not needed in today's game. There are plenty of Duck fans who enjoy fighting as part of the game but on this forum that's definitely not the case

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
OK hahaha meanwhile look back at posts by members here about how useless fighting is and how it's not needed in today's game. There are plenty of Duck fans who enjoy fighting as part of the game but on this forum that's definitely not the case

Thats not what people were saying. People were saying players whose purpose is only to fight have no place in today's NHL. Stop twisting words.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
The defense will be corrected once Stoner returns
Bieksa Fowler is even better than Fowler Vatanen

Carlyle is a ****ing moron for not doing these pairs:
Fowler-Manson
Lindholm-Vatanen
Theodore-Bieksa.

I agree that Fowler-Vatanen needs to end though. Fowler-Manson is easily best pair we've had this year.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
Given Vatanen's decent chemistry with Stoner, I would be interested in seeing how a Stoner - Montour outing would look like for a few games.

Agreed. I've wanted to see a Stoner-Montour pairing for a while now. Theo was good tonight but he was awful before tonight. Bieksa is just so ****ing horrible.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma

Very few dislike fighting in general. They don't like players who do nothing but fight. I'd feel better about Boll if he ALWAYS stepped up when we need him. He doesn't. More often than not, he's fighting a "staged" fight. I'm not saying he never steps up when we need him to, but considering his role, he must always do it, and he doesn't.

You obviously like physical but play, but you seem to prefer fighting to physical play based on your posts. I strongly disagree with that line of thinking.

Duck Off

HF needs an App
Oct 25, 2002
Oklahoma
As for the game:

The d was crappy, although I thought Theo was pretty good. Lindholm was solid.

Vermette and Ritchie were best players tonight imo.

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I thought it was a very poor game from the Ducks, imo. Happy for the win. I'd blame the ice for the mishandles but the passing was very poor as well. Possibly a system issue?

I think it's clear they are still struggling with the system, especially when transitioning out of the defensive zone. Too many rim arounds right to an opposing defense men because there's no winger on the boards, and too many reversals where no one is expecting it. They hem themselves in far too often.

Great win and solid results so far on the season, despite what I think we all can agree on has been subpar performances for a majority of games this season. If they can put it together while continuing to win ugly, they could make a real push.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad