GDT: Ducks visit Columbus 7PM ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrazyDuck4u

Oct 14, 2006
Note: I only watched game highlights for tonight's game
But so far from the games I've seen this year Bernier has actually looked much more solid than Gibson. That overtime goal tonight was absolutely ugly. What a disgustingly weak goal. Gibson cannot track the puck at all. It was practically shot in the center of the net.
Goals one and 2 weren't his fault but on goal 2 it's like there's a 0% chance he's making that save cause he can't even move... Bernier has shown more in the games he's played for us imo.

Gibson is a Giguere Clone. The more I watch him the more I realize his lateral movement is not that great. Your deke him you score. You complete one pass when he has to go side to side. you score. Simple. HIs puck tracking needs work..

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Wow this thread is empty :laugh:

We should just roll our bottom 6ers in OT, at least they get playing time and we will lose anyways. In fact - maybe they even score some time. Getzlaf has a knack for doing a dumb/bad play in the OT. It`s not his hockey at all

Now, how dat Hampus looked? :)

Was going to post this during the day, but couldn't due to the horrible god awful mobile site. I don't know that having Lindholm is going to make much of a difference in our defensive numbers overall. Last time I glanced we were 5th or 6th best. Having him back and going good might help to even out the swings we've been seeing. I don't see him adding much to our offense, though.

Yeah I was surprised but we are 7th best at shots against, however, we are 11th in goals against. Certainly can improve there especially with how bad our offense is. By the way - Columbus is 2nd best at goals against.
But I got your point (I guess) that defense is not our biggest problem right now.

We are 21st in shots for and 16th for goals for

Last edited:

Markus078

Feb 26, 2003
Austria
Visit site
So happy about the way Cam is playing right now. I give Randy full credit for this. I wonder, if Sami keeps playing the way he does right now, will the Ducks consider trading him?

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
We played a good game I thought from the 10th minute in the 1st onwards, just another slow start killed us in terms of getting the 2 points. Have to say with each passing game, I'm more convinced that Cramarossa can be an NHL player, looks really good out there for his role - just wish we'd scratch Boll so we can roll 4 complete lines.

Also yay for losing in 3v3 OT, but it's better and totally not gimmicky like the shootout, amirite?

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
We played a good game I thought from the 10th minute in the 1st onwards, just another slow start killed us in terms of getting the 2 points. Have to say with each passing game, I'm more convinced that Cramarossa can be an NHL player, looks really good out there for his role - just wish we'd scratch Boll so we can roll 4 complete lines.

Also yay for losing in 3v3 OT, but it's better and totally not gimmicky like the shootout, amirite?

I wonder if the 3 days off did some bad more than good for us at the start there. It can happen to teams.

And yeah, Garbutt played 3 and Boll 2 minutes... I get it because we were trailing mostly but c`mon. I believe Garbutt could play more minutes tho

GermanRocket7

Fire Newell Brown yesteryear!
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2008
Düsseldorf
Wow, people blaming this loss on Gibson need to get a break.

First goal he already goes above and beyond by saving the first two shots and is completely unable to get to the third shot whatsoever.

Second goal was an epic meltdown of the defense. Stoner or whoever it was stands right beside his opponent instead of pushing him away, thus giving Gibson virtually no viewing lane whatsoever. He simply cannot track the puck since it's not only the two people standing right in front of him, but two more blocking the passing lane from the circle into the middle, so Gibson doesn't see the puck being distributed.

Third goal Wennberg makes a great behind-the-back move to dish the pass into the slot, where Werenski doesn't one-time the pass like everybody thought he would do, but instead pulls it from his backhand onto the forehand and then snipes it against Gibson's movement and into the short corner. Again, Gibson pretty much never had a chance to reach that one. If he is lucky af, he might be able to somehow reach that third goal with his legs, but that would leave a very juicy rebound to not only one, but two Columbus players.

Dryish

Nonplussed
Dec 14, 2015
Hki Metro

I hated the 3v3 concept when it was announced, I hated it even more when it was first introduced on the ice, and I absolutely loathe it now.

Sure, I am biased as a Ducks fan, but I seriously think that even the stick and puck handling gimmick competition that the shootout is was fairer than this system that hands it all to the faster team with crisper passes. Fans of teams with suitable lineups can like it all they want for being entertaining, but it seriously messes with both the normal teamplay aspect of the game as well as individual skill.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
Wow this thread is empty :laugh:

We should just roll our bottom 6ers in OT, at least they get playing time and we will lose anyways. In fact - maybe they even score some time. Getzlaf has a knack for doing a dumb/bad play in the OT. It`s not his hockey at all

Now, how dat Hampus looked? :)

Yeah I was surprised but we are 7th best at shots against, however, we are 11th in goals against. Certainly can improve there especially with how bad our offense is. By the way - Columbus is 2nd best at goals against.
But I got your point (I guess) that defense is not our biggest problem right now.

We are 21st in shots for and 16th for goals for

We're tied for 7th in GA/G after giving up three last night. Pretty sure we were around there going in.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
Wow, people blaming this loss on Gibson need to get a break.

First goal he already goes above and beyond by saving the first two shots and is completely unable to get to the third shot whatsoever.

Second goal was an epic meltdown of the defense. Stoner or whoever it was stands right beside his opponent instead of pushing him away, thus giving Gibson virtually no viewing lane whatsoever. He simply cannot track the puck since it's not only the two people standing right in front of him, but two more blocking the passing lane from the circle into the middle, so Gibson doesn't see the puck being distributed.

Third goal Wennberg makes a great behind-the-back move to dish the pass into the slot, where Werenski doesn't one-time the pass like everybody thought he would do, but instead pulls it from his backhand onto the forehand and then snipes it against Gibson's movement and into the short corner. Again, Gibson pretty much never had a chance to reach that one. If he is lucky af, he might be able to somehow reach that third goal with his legs, but that would leave a very juicy rebound to not only one, but two Columbus players.

As a fan from the other side, I'll say the two weakest goals of the night were allowed by Bobrovsky. In fact, Gibson's save on Hartnell was probably the save of the night (this led to the Jenner rebound goal).

Anaheim dominated possession for 40 minutes of this game, but the better scoring chances were on the other end of the ice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad