Confirmed with Link: Ducks unveil 30th anniversary jersey

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I couldn't find a better place for this so I thought I would put it here...

Does anybody know the best place to get a player name (Jiggy) and number added to an original Ducks jersey? The team store quoted me $175 for a nameplate, and numbers on the back and shoulders. I want it to be as original as possible (but I'm not even sure what would technically be original when he played) and top notch quality. I don't really know to what degree the team store cares about trying to replicate the time period and detail with what they put on it. I'm wondering if there are third parties who do quality and period correct work. Not looking for the cheapest, just the best. If that's the team store then fine, I'm good with that. But if it isn't I'd like to know other options.

TIA

DuckTech

In vino veritas
Jul 7, 2011
Rural Orange County
I couldn't find a better place for this so I thought I would put it here...

Does anybody know the best place to get a player name (Jiggy) and number added to an original Ducks jersey? The team store quoted me $175 for a nameplate, and numbers on the back and shoulders. I want it to be as original as possible (but I'm not even sure what would technically be original when he played) and top notch quality. I don't really know to what degree the team store cares about trying to replicate the time period and detail with what they put on it. I'm wondering if there are third parties who do quality and period correct work. Not looking for the cheapest, just the best. If that's the team store then fine, I'm good with that. But if it isn't I'd like to know other options.

TIA
I always use Monkey Sport in Irvine, It isn't super cheap but they stitch it on instead of just iron it on.

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012
Yes, Monkey Sports is the best option, assuming they have the kits for the originals. They send it out and have it stitched professionally. I think last time I was there it was only $100.

Reactions: Dr Johnny Fever

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
I always use Monkey Sport in Irvine, It isn't super cheap but they stitch it on instead of just iron it on.

Yes, Monkey Sports is the best option, assuming they have the kits for the originals. They send it out and have it stitched professionally. I think last time I was there it was only $100.
Thanks. I'll check them out. I know the team store did say they sent it out and that it was stitched on and not ironed. I wonder if they send them to the same place?

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
Do you know how much they charge now? I have about a dozen jerseys to get name plates on...
I just called. They send it to Texas for stitching everything. They supposedly match everything to period specific based on jersey brand of the era.

$140-$160 includes nameplate and numbers, back and both shoulders. Any patches you have to buy and they will send them with the order.

If you provide a kit of name and numbers it’s $50 just to sew it all on.

Reactions: lwvs84

DuckTech

In vino veritas
Jul 7, 2011
Rural Orange County
The only thing to know about Monkey sports is if there is an autograph on the jersey already they WILL NOT touch it. They had a claim a few years back that they messed up someones autograph and had legal issues.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I just called. They send it to Texas for stitching everything. They supposedly match everything to period specific based on jersey brand of the era.

$140-$160 includes nameplate and numbers, back and both shoulders. Any patches you have to buy and they will send them with the order.

If you provide a kit of name and numbers it’s $50 just to sew it all on.
Awesome, thanks! Might have to do one a month so my fiance doesn't notice a huge change in the bank account 😂😂😂

Reactions: Dr Johnny Fever

Hamilton Bulldogs

Jan 11, 2022
1695157915371.png

the 30th patch or ad has to go, thats ugly as sin lol

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
If they can't make an exception with the sponsor, might need to just do without the anniversary patch on the captains and alternates jerseys. Seeing the letter is more important anyway, and that's a truly awful look.

ScarTroy

Sponsor
May 24, 2012
Corona, CA
They have them back in the NHL shop. Adidas authentic. Not sure how long they’ve had them back in, I just got an email today though.

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
They have them back in the NHL shop. Adidas authentic. Not sure how long they’ve had them back in, I just got an email today though.
They had a ton at the team store today. Was debating between the anniversary and the orange 3rd.

lwvs84

Jan 25, 2003
Los Angeles, CA
I'm going to pick up mine at the next home game, got Carlsson on that one. Debating if I want to get another for Minty or see if they have new 3rds/reverse retro/etc. next year to get Minty on that one.

slippingsloth

Jul 18, 2022
Anyone got a sense of quality of these Vs the 25th anniversary jerseys?
Have a 25th and dont really want a jersey lower in quality than that

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
I'm going to pick up mine at the next home game, got Carlsson on that one. Debating if I want to get another for Minty or see if they have new 3rds/reverse retro/etc. next year to get Minty on that one.
I considered waiting until i knew what # mintyukov is going to stick with .... but i think ill just get minty #34.... and hope we have new jersey soon, or a cool 3rd when he gets a real #

Reactions: lwvs84

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Does anyone have any sense as to whether these could be the basis for a rebrand? Fingers crossed

Highly doubtful. From a pure business standpoint, they sell a ton of these jerseys anytime they do a special release. If they did a rebrand that was going back to the old colors, these special releases wouldnt be so nostalgic, likely wouldnt sell as many and then when they did throwback nights, wouldnt have the same feel.

I could be totally wrong, but I see them keeping the current color scheme and maybe messing with the logos, or maybe at the most, having the purple/eggplants as a 3rd jersey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad