Rumor: Ducks trying to unload a contract in order to re-sign Rakell/Lindholm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
What do we need to add to JvR to get Fowler?

Dont say Matthews, Marner or Nylander.

We'll also take some garbage as a cap dump if it helps

I would be down for Fowler for JVR with some salary retention... Ana can add something if it seems necessary.

Or other option but idk what Toronto looks like money wise the next couple years

Fowler + stoner for JVR and we can add picks prospects contracts to make the deal fair.

Also leaf fans I'd calm down on andersen after 1 game it's not like you guys ice a nhl defense

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I would be down for Fowler for JVR with some salary retention... Ana can add something if it seems necessary.

Or other option but idk what Toronto looks like money wise the next couple years

Fowler + stoner for JVR and we can add picks prospects contracts to make the deal fair.

Also leaf fans I'd calm down on andersen after 1 game it's not like you guys ice a nhl defense

Why would we retain salary on JVR?

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I would love to get JVR on our team but:

he is more money and more cap space than Fowler so that is a no go from us while we struggle to have space to resign our own Lindholm and Rakell. Toronto would have to take on Stoners contract as well for us to make sense to do it

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Why would we retain salary on JVR?

Well it's wither retain or take on stoner or else the trade doesn't work from our side... unless it's further down the line and we find a way to dump money and have Lindholm and rakell signed them in down for JVR for Fowler straight up .

I suppose despres is another option but he wouldn't be priced as a cap dump(not sure what Toronto defense looks like)... but maybe something around despres and Fowler for JVR + a winger prospect that is nhl ready.

Idk how duck fans will feel about running larsson and Theodore significant mins tho... maybe something like
Lindholm manson
Larsson Vatanen
Bieska Theodore
Stoner holzer and montour as callups/extras

Last edited:

nilssont

May 27, 2007
I would hope to get someone other than JVR, like Fowler, he would be gone in 2 years.

Liferleafer

TSN Scrum Lurker
Feb 9, 2011
I would love to get JVR on our team but:

he is more money and more cap space than Fowler so that is a no go from us while we struggle to have space to resign our own Lindholm and Rakell. Toronto would have to take on Stoners contract as well for us to make sense to do it

And the Ducks are adding what for this great gift?

Last edited:

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
And the Ducks are adding what for this great for this gift?

We already stated Wed pay for retention or the taking of stoners contract. I'd do a 2nd or a prospect valued around a 2nd.

No that doesn't mean montour larsson or Theodore

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
Well, I guess they failed. Time to stop being greedy Ducks.

Meh. I see the stalemate continuing. I'm sure Rakell gets done relatively soon. He's not healthy anyways. Anaheim will be fine without lindholm in the short term.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
He's good for 1 soft goal a night the rest of the night he'll look pretty damn good for you

I don't know about every night, but it sure seems to happen more than it should. Although when he's really "on", he steals games.

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
Meh. I see the stalemate continuing. I'm sure Rakell gets done relatively soon. He's not healthy anyways. Anaheim will be fine without lindholm in the short term.

I have a sick feeling that lindholm is the one being unreasonable, and it's not even on Bargain Bob, I didn't like Hampus exit interview this year either,didn't seem thrilled when asked if he wants to come back.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
I have a sick feeling that lindholm is the one being unreasonable, and it's not even on Bargain Bob, I didn't like Hampus exit interview this year either,didn't seem thrilled when asked if he wants to come back.

Yea, I don't really get the vibe that he's all that attached to the team really. Sitting in Sweden doesn't look good right now either. I'm ok with trading him if the value is right.

Who really knows though. BM was pretty adamant that he was far apart with Lindholm all year long. It could just be that he's as irritated as all of us are over the situation and wants a deal done. The problem is he seems to have an inflated idea of his market value and leverage.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008

I tend to disagree if only because we have not 1 but 2 hold out RFA's. Seems like Bob might be trying to stick it to them.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015
I tend to disagree if only because we have not 1 but 2 hold out RFA's. Seems like Bob might be trying to stick it to them.

Is rakell holding out or is BM just waiting to make sure rakell is actually healthy before they lock him up to a long term deal?

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012
I would hope to get someone other than JVR, like Fowler, he would be gone in 2 years.

What's wrong with that? Losing 1 player to losing a different player acquired for that player is a lateral move anyways, and FWDs are easier for Anaheim to protect in the expansion draft.

It's also not set in stone that Anaheim wouldn't retain JVR. The reason they can't re-sign Fowler is because of how much money is otherwise poised to be allocated to the blueline and because Theo, Montour, Larsson logjam.

As a ducks fan, one who is very high on Fowler, I would do JVR for Fowler straight up. We have a higher chance to retain JVR for the aforementioned reasons, he will be paid less and he's a FWD which we need.

No need for retention or add on the leafs part, that is just insulting when asking for a 30g30a LW that fills an extremely huge need in a profound way.

xxreact9

Jun 4, 2012

Don't want to read too much into it but it's pretty worrisome. Throwing things out there like "i just want to play hockey" and implying he doesn't know if he will be back here or wants to.

Then numerous occasions "I'm thankful for my time here" comments that one usually says after they decide to leave.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
Is rakell holding out or is BM just waiting to make sure rakell is actually healthy before they lock him up to a long term deal?

Seems by his agent's quotes it is certainly a hold out. Also, why would his health be an issue on a term deal, unless it is potentially career threatening?

ffh

Jul 16, 2016
Seems by his agent's quotes it is certainly a hold out. Also, why would his health be an issue on a term deal, unless it is potentially career threatening?

can you hold out if you don't have a contract.

liquiduck

Jul 23, 2015

Because common sense. Why would you sign a player to a long term contract when he has lingering health concerns? Kid just came off 2 surgeries.

I guess the holdup could just be rakells ask, but I find it odd that reports indicated that they were close and then all of a sudden right after another Rakell surgery, they're not anymore.

Paul4587

Jan 26, 2006
Because common sense. Why would you sign a player to a long term contract when he has lingering health concerns? Kid just came off 2 surgeries.

I guess the holdup could just be rakells ask, but I find it odd that reports indicated that they were close and then all of a sudden right after another Rakell surgery, they're not anymore.

If the reason Murray hasn't signed him is entirely because of the recent injury then he's costing Rakell a decent amount of money. That's a dick move and a good way to piss someone off.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad