Not open for further replies.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida
It's been 20 minutes since someones said it so I'll go back to

Trouba + 2017 1st for Lindholm.

Jets give Lindholm his payday.
Anaheim gives Trouba 6 X $5 to $5.5

If you guys are strong on the right then just move....Trouba...to.....the.....dangit!

And Anaheim has zero reason to do this, BM wont downgrade doing Lindholm for Trouba and what makes you think that Trouba would accept a 6 year deal with Anaheim don't think that he wants to be that far west any ways.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
And Anaheim has zero reason to do this, BM wont downgrade doing Lindholm for Trouba and what makes you think that Trouba would accept a 6 year deal with Anaheim don't think that he wants to be that far west any ways.

If swapping for Trouba allows to keep Fowler for another year or two, I am game for it. That could be the perfect transition for the young D. If two of Theo, Montour and Larsson prove NHL ready, Fowler can be let go, as well. Maybe at TD in 1.5 years for an actual return.

Mar 14, 2015
It's been 20 minutes since someones said it so I'll go back to

Trouba + 2017 1st for Lindholm.

Jets give Lindholm his payday.
Anaheim gives Trouba 6 X $5 to $5.5

If you guys are strong on the right then just move....Trouba...to.....the.....dangit!

You don't make sense.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
My prediction. Either:

(1) Multiple Ducks are on the outs -- Fowler AND Stoner, not OR, and maybe more depending on the returns for those guys. The dollars are just too tight to fit Rakell and Lindholm without moving out at least $5M -- more than Fowler alone, and Ducks fans seem to think they should be getting back a good roster player for Fowler on top of it. More guys than one have to move to get under the cap with, say, $6M to Lindholm and $3M to Rakell (and both could go for more).

(2) Perry, Getzlaf, or Kesler move in a deal that might actually return the value Ducks fans think they should get while saving real money.

(3) Lindholm gets traded for a young star on an ELC.

The numbers just don't work around the other premises people are discussing -- $4M in space, probably $9M in contracts to be signed, and no one on the "dumpable" list making more than $4M. It's going to have to be a couple moves in sequence or some bigger move than all this small fry stuff.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
If swapping for Trouba allows to keep Fowler for another year or two, I am game for it. That could be the perfect transition for the young D. If two of Theo, Montour and Larsson prove NHL ready, Fowler can be let go, as well. Maybe at TD in 1.5 years for an actual return.

So you would trade Lindholm who wants a long term deal for only 5.5-6.5 million, for a guy who we'll most likely lose in when his bridge contract is up and end up losing Fowler as well? At best, we get to keep one of Trouba or Fowler, but I would rather have Lindholm be the guy who stays instead of either one of them.

gilfaizon

Mar 28, 2012
PEI
My prediction. Either:

(1) Multiple Ducks are on the outs -- Fowler AND Stoner, not OR, and maybe more depending on the returns for those guys. The dollars are just too tight to fit Rakell and Lindholm without moving out at least $5M -- more than Fowler alone, and Ducks fans seem to think they should be getting back a good roster player for Fowler on top of it. More guys than one have to move to get under the cap with, say, $6M to Lindholm and $3M to Rakell (and both could go for more).

(2) Perry, Getzlaf, or Kesler move in a deal that might actually return the value Ducks fans think they should get while saving real money.

(3) Lindholm gets traded for a young star on an ELC.

The numbers just don't work around the other premises people are discussing -- $4M in space, probably $9M in contracts to be signed, and no one on the "dumpable" list making more than $4M. It's going to have to be a couple moves in sequence or some bigger move than all this small fry stuff.

Its 1. No Brainer.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Losing Lindholm long term for Trouba who more then likely signs a bridge deal only to bolt in a few years plus losing Fowler as well still makes zero sense. As i seriously doubt Trouba would commit long term with Anaheim any ways just don't see this being an advantage for Anaheim.

broman

Mar 9, 2003
HEL's antechamber
Trouba on a bridge deal, no. Trouba on an affordable long-term deal, I would give serious consideration. I love Lindholm, no question about that, but his actions (or lack thereof) are fast becoming a burden. There's still time and opportunity, but not indefinitely.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Trouba on a bridge deal, no. Trouba on an affordable long-term deal, I would give serious consideration. I love Lindholm, no question about that, but his actions (or lack thereof) are fast becoming a burden. There's still time and opportunity, but not indefinitely.

But what about Trouba's actions? Trouba is sitting out because he a team isn't putting him on the right side, whereas Lindholm just wants the money he feels like he's worth. Trouba just seems a little petty if that's the sole reason he's not signing, while Lindholm is trying to think of his future along with other RFAs on the team. Again, i would much rather give Lindholm the long term deal instead of giving Trouba a bridge deal where he will most likely just bolt somewhere else for more money.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
I can tell you one thing. NO ONE wants to take on Kesler's Horrible contract.

:yo:

ok? None of us want to trade Kesler anyways, you know the guy who was just nominated for the Selke. I imagine people see a big contract and the age on the older side and assume that player sucks and the contract is terrible. Just shows people don't watch Kesler at all.

deckercky

Oct 27, 2010
ok? None of us want to trade Kesler anyways, you know the guy who was just nominated for the Selke. I imagine people see a big contract and the age on the older side and assume that player sucks and the contract is terrible. Just shows people don't watch Kesler at all.

Kesler is great, and is probably fair value for the contract this year, but there will definitely be some anchor years on that contract.

That said, I think Kesler is moveable (just not at anything close to a price that would incentivise the Ducks).

Daximus

Wow, what a terrific audience.
Sponsor
Oct 11, 2014
Five Hills
Daximus

But what about Trouba's actions? Trouba is sitting out because he a team isn't putting him on the right side, whereas Lindholm just wants the money he feels like he's worth. Trouba just seems a little petty if that's the sole reason he's not signing, while Lindholm is trying to think of his future along with other RFAs on the team. Again, i would much rather give Lindholm the long term deal instead of giving Trouba a bridge deal where he will most likely just bolt somewhere else for more money.

Right side thing is just smoke and mirrors. He wants to be close to Detroit.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA
Kesler is great, and is probably fair value for the contract this year, but there will definitely be some anchor years on that contract.

That said, I think Kesler is moveable (just not at anything close to a price that would incentivise the Ducks).

Yeah, it's possible it becomes an anchor, but it's not one right now. So while we're still trying to win a cup, there's no reason to bring up Kes as a possible player to be moved. That doesn't even bring up his NMC either...

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado

I dont assume the contract sucks.

It does suck.

Number1RedWingsFan52

Mar 17, 2013
Winter Haven Florida

Usage playing on the right side is just smoke and mirrors for Trouba, He wants out of the Peg period plain and simple.

dracom

Dec 22, 2015
Vancouver, WA

It does suck.

Why? Because he's 32? For a guy that just got nominated for a Selke, had 53 points, and still shutdown teams top lines on a constant basis. He's worth the money. Probably should have just admitted you say the amount and age and assumed it sucked.

OCSportsfan

Sep 30, 2011

It does suck.

Of the big three, I think Keslers contract is the most reasonable for what he brings, since it is $2 million less. He will be serviceable even at the end due to his face off skills and defensive ability. Perry's will be the worst in a few years as he slows down IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->