Prospect Info: Ducks Prospect Info ‘21-22

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
Even without Zegras and Drysdale, our prospect pool is still above average. Pretty impressive.

Our 2021 draft looks ridiculous so far: McTavish, Pastujov, Zelwegger, Tschigerl all having very strong D+1 years

Honestly, it feels like we’ve just crushed the past 3 drafts. The only swing and a miss vibe I’m getting so far is Colangelo although he’s been injured a ton so you still have to hold out some hope

Jan 21, 2011
Massachusetts
I wonder if we go for a defenseman in 2022. Our defense core would be restocked and looking good.

If you guys had to ‘cut’ one out of Thrun, LaCombe and Zellweger, who would you let go?

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
I wonder if we go for a defenseman in 2022. Our defense core would be restocked and looking good.

If you guys had to ‘cut’ one out of Thrun, LaCombe and Zellweger, who would you let go?

id give up lacombe and a 3rd before Thrun or Zellweger.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
LaCombe without a second of hesitation.

this made me laugh b/c I thought of LaCombe without hesitation as well. And I'm one of his biggest fans too!

With LaCombe, I think he's also got the highest potential trade value. He's got the great mix of speed like Zellweger with the height and weight like Thrun. (LaCombe is actually 10 pounds heavier than Thrun?!) And he's still evolving as a defenseman to pair with his offense. I'd rather try to keep him, tbh, especially after reading that this season he's been playing RD as a LHD. We don't have a lot of great RHD prospects at the ready. Moore could be three to four years away.

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
McTavish's game postponed today.

3ltS.gif

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008
I really want to know where Zel would be going in 2022 if he was born a week later.

He is having an insane year.

im sure he’d go higher (maybe significantly), but he would also be downgraded with the “ he is very old for his draft class” narrative.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site
this made me laugh b/c I thought of LaCombe without hesitation as well. And I'm one of his biggest fans too!

With LaCombe, I think he's also got the highest potential trade value. He's got the great mix of speed like Zellweger with the height and weight like Thrun. (LaCombe is actually 10 pounds heavier than Thrun?!) And he's still evolving as a defenseman to pair with his offense. I'd rather try to keep him, tbh, especially after reading that this season he's been playing RD as a LHD. We don't have a lot of great RHD prospects at the ready. Moore could be three to four years away.

My concern about LaCombe is that he appears to play a very soft game that I don't think will translate well at the next level. If he can improve his intensity and add some physicality to his game then I'll start liking his chances more of making it at the NHL level.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

ADHB

Sponsor
Apr 9, 2012

Lacombe and it’s not even close. He might have a higher ceiling than Thrun but he’s much less likely to hit it, at least based on everything we’ve seen so far. Thrun likely is a bottom pairing D at worst with the potential to be a complementary #3. And Zellweger, if he can figure out how to play against bigger players, could be a dynamic second pairing guy. Thrun and Zellweger actually make a good D pairing at the next level.

bsu

"I have no idea what I am doing" -Pat VerBleak
Sep 27, 2017
Looks like they took an assist away from him on the 1st goal.
The season ticket holders commenting on that post... I really like their remarks.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I really want to know where Zel would be going in 2022 if he was born a week later.

He is having an insane year.
For comparison, Eklund is Oct 12 bday.
Zel is 11 months younger, from the same draft class.
I think Zel would be pushing for top 10 or higher with his play lately, in the upcoming draft.
He's about to take over the scoring race for D in that league. He already has if you look at PPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad