Post-Game Talk: Ducks @Perds 7 pm CST Hunting for a 1st OA...

Status
Not open for further replies.

SouthNash

Oct 25, 2014
Ok I'm done listening to these duck kissing jackasses! Nite all!! Saturday afternoon!

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
If we’re just going to continue to blow games I see no reason we shouldn’t be giving the kids more ice time. It’s weird we seem to not want to believe they showed they could compete last year.

In particular, we should put Parsinnen back on the top line. He showed the play style tonight that made us all fans last season. He will have some ups and downs but I think he will develop into a very good player. I swear Nyquist is just our new Granlund. Inexplicably plays all situations and gets a bunch of assists from it but never does anything anything all that special.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
If we’re just going to continue to blow games I see no reason we shouldn’t be giving the kids more ice time. It’s weird we seem to not want to believe they showed they could compete last year.

In particular, we should put Parsinnen back on the top line. He showed the play style tonight that made us all fans last season. He will have some ups and downs but I think he will develop into a very good player. I swear Nyquist is just our new Granlund. Inexplicably plays all situations and gets a bunch of assists from it but never does anything anything all that special.
So demote ROR from 1C to fit the dream of Pärssinen at center AND on the top line?

What the staff needs to do is end this experiment of Pärssinen at center and follow their pre-season gut to play him at wing. Let him bang on the boards and cycle ... let him carry the puck to the front of the net ... keep him away from the dot (entered the night at 37% ... his 3 for 10 tonight isn't going to help that).

Nyquist for all of your complaints is getting points and contributing.

Age and/or experience isn't keeping anyone off of the ice. Evangalista is the youngest player on the current roster, still Norris eligible with only 25 games prior to this season, and getting 2nd line minutes at ES plus PP time because he is executing. Pärssinen had goals in the first two games, nothing since, and his ice time has reduced as a result.

Last edited:

wmupreds

Dec 15, 2022
Duchene had a slow start but has 8 points in his last 4.

I still am not convinced we needed to buy him out but, I guess it's not like he would be the difference on this team.

Bringer of Jollity

Oct 20, 2011
Fontana, CA

Parssinen doesn't have a point in 7 games, and no goals in 11. Not to go "101" or anything, but how do we justify putting him on the 1st line? I'm not even sure he shouldn't be in the press box over Tomasino.

Reactions: 101st_fan

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
Yes that’s definitely what I said.

So then demote a winger that is outperforming Pärssinen so that you can gift minutes.

Parssinen doesn't have a point in 7 games, and no goals in 11. Not to go "101" or anything, but how do we justify putting him on the 1st line? I'm not even sure he shouldn't be in the press box over Tomasino.

Do it. Let fact and sense guide you. I will admit it isn't as easy as letting whatever emotion you're feeling at the moment rule your universe ... but it does give a consistency. And we have bourbon.

Predsanddead24

Mar 7, 2019
I thought he had a great game tonight and that he looked great on the Forsberg-OReilly line early in the season. Forsberg was on a cold streak shooting so we gave up on it but I think that line was really quite good.

The way I justify it though is we’re losing almost every game now and consistently blowing leads. We saw last year that the younger guys can step up given the opportunity yet we seem to have reverted back to the veteran first, effort over skill mindset that failed us miserably last season. We’re not winning anything with the current roster so why not focus on developing for the future. What’s the worst that could happen? End up in the bottom of the standings?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad