Ducks next captain…

robbieboy3686

Jan 17, 2016
It’s been a little while since captain getzlaf has retired, and we haven’t named a succcesor in that time. If we don’t truly have a grasp on which youngster should be our captain. I would just name Gudas our captain. Starting next season without a captain I feel has a close to 0 chance of happening. Curious what everyone else thinks.

Reactions: DuckRogers10

Anaheim4ever

Jun 15, 2017
Well without Silf and Henrique next season they start the season with 2 less veterans.
If they continue to go with 3 alternates I could see it being McTavish/Fowler/Terry as those 3.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Rybread86

To the DOME
Mar 24, 2022
OC
Time to turn a kid into a man. Who has the rooms attention? Who has shown leadership skills in the past? Who do the players want to follow? Who does the franchise see as the face for the next 10+ years?

Im not giving a C to a guy who is gone in 2-3 years. Id rather give them As and help the new young captain.

Reactions: Deuce22

Dr Johnny Fever

Eggplant and Teal
Apr 11, 2012
Lower Left Coast
It’s been a little while since captain getzlaf has retired, and we haven’t named a succcesor in that time. If we don’t truly have a grasp on which youngster should be our captain. I would just name Gudas our captain. Starting next season without a captain I feel has a close to 0 chance of happening. Curious what everyone else thinks.

I think I could go along with this. I would have liked to see a young guy show he wanted it but that hasn't happened yet. Gudas seems to have some leadership in him as a vet and I think it's important to have somebody officially declared. I agree I think it's not good to go forever without one. At some point in time you are declaring to the team and the world you are a rudderless ship floating aimlessly at sea. That in and of itself is a bad influence on the players.

Terry Yake

Aug 5, 2013
i also wouldn't be surprised if they go another season without a C. unless they give it to gudas or killorn just to finally have one again

still think it'll be mctavish eventually

Hockey Duckie

Jul 25, 2003
southern cal
Would be shocked if a captain wasn’t named for next season. Especially given our Gm was firm that “ our rebuild is over, next season we compete for a playoff spot” I think the 2 go hand in hand in giving a rebuild over now we are on the way up feeling to the entire organization and fan base

Our "rebuild" part is over b/c I think we exhausted most of our TDL capital as well as acquired several talents, which will include the 2024 draft class. Our "development" segment is still ongoing. We're set to have two rookies on our blueline next year in Zell and Luneau. We might have two rookies at forward in Cutter and Colangelo.

I think not having a captain for the past two seasons was stupid. Yet, seeing the captaincy is reserved for the youths, none have stepped up since all of them have been busy playing through injuries. In the latest Ducks' interview of Zell, Minty, and Carlsson, Minty and Carlsson shared how they were playing through injuries.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Am I crazy for not wanting it to be Z? Not that I think there's some reason to keep it from him for maturity reasons, I just worry that he could be a case of a guy playing too safe with the added responsibility.

Reactions: Ducks DVM

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Am I crazy for not wanting it to be Z? Not that I think there's some reason to keep it from him for maturity reasons, I just worry that he could be a case of a guy playing too safe with the added responsibility.
I think he prob doesn’t need a letter to be a leader on the team…. I don’t recall him wearing a letter in the world juniors but he def was a leader .

I just don’t know who else has the right qualities to be a team leader…. Terry to me is just a forward fowler…. Don’t think he’s the type of leader we need.

Mctavish/carlsson don’t really fit …. Could see them with A on their jersey tho.

Maybe it’s gauthier /shrug

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad