Calgary
fix our lines back to normal please.
belesky-getzlaf-perry
ryan-bonino-selanne (version 1)
etem-ryan-selanne (version 2)
god line
maroon-mcmillan-etem (version1)
maroon-bonino-mcmillan (version 2)

Etem Ryan Selanne wasn't a match at all a few weeks ago. I think Palmieri's return will help the lines a lot.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
Allen's healthy and he's behind Lovejoy? I don't like ... Maybe change on Wednesday?

^^Or that, good point

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I'm thinking BB wanted better puck movement from the blueline against Phoenix's neutral zone scheme, but lovejoy hasn't been any better to warrant the loss of physicality and kind of defense.

bumperkisser

Mar 31, 2009
Souray-Allen Defensive line is solid. They need to keep that tandem.

? when have they ever been a tandem..
you mean souray-beauch?

also. i wouldn't mind if etem got sent down. he isn't really showing anything and hasn't been playing very much. i think i'd like to see DSP lol

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
? when have they ever been a tandem..
you mean souray-beauch?

also. i wouldn't mind if etem got sent down. he isn't really showing anything and hasn't been playing very much. i think i'd like to see DSP lol

Part of me wants Etem to go down to Norfolk, too. Maybe give Wagner a shot at wing? Or maybe try Holland at wing? IDK...

Etem needs to develop though, and he doesn't look quite ready to me. The potential is there though, so that's a good sign.

Mr Rogers

Jul 11, 2010
Calgary
Yeah, he's gonna be a player, but he's just not ready IMO. Also, I'd rather him play 20 mins a night than 8 or so.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Also Vatanen is better than Lovejoy. He needs to play every once in a while at least.

Ducksgo*

Part of me wants Etem to go down to Norfolk, too. Maybe give Wagner a shot at wing? Or maybe try Holland at wing? IDK...

Etem needs to develop though, and he doesn't look quite ready to me. The potential is there though, so that's a good sign.

It's almost decision making time on Etem. You send him down and he's norfolks leading goal scorer with Palms and Holland up. How long are you expecting a call down? Another season? He's taking on 4th line minutes. This back and forth for Etem is just frustrating. If he's sent down and DSP moves up for his minutes that's fine. But what more can you prove when your propsering in the AHL and the teams leading goal scorer and points for Norfolk? If he needs a year or two like Palms or Holland that's fine.... But it's decision makin time for Etem. Management... WHAT is your plan for this prospect.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
It's almost decision making time on Etem. You send him down and he's norfolks leading goal scorer with Palms and Holland up. How long are you expecting a call down? Another season? He's taking on 4th line minutes. This back and forth for Etem is just frustrating. If he's sent down and DSP moves up for his minutes that's fine. But what more can you prove when your propsering in the AHL and the teams leading goal scorer and points for Norfolk? If he needs a year or two like Palms or Holland that's fine.... But it's decision makin time for Etem. Management... WHAT is your plan for this prospect.

Etem is not Norfolk's leading scorer. Vatanen (a defenseman), generates more offense than Etem. He needs another year. DSP also isn't the answer because he hasn't had a good year in Norfolk

Exit Dose

Jul 2, 2011
Georgia
He isn't. Lovejoy is much better for the role he's playing than Vatanen.
No kidding. I think people are forgetting just how good Lovejoy was before the last two games. I just find it weird that Bruce isn't playing Allen and the Reverend together. Both of those players are at their best when they're paired up. For whatever reason it just works.

Ducksgo*

Etem is not Norfolk's leading scorer. Vatanen (a defenseman), generates more offense than Etem. He needs another year. DSP also isn't the answer because he hasn't had a good year in Norfolk

He hasn't had a full season without call ups from Anaheim. He's propsering as a true foward in Norfolk AD. With exception of Holland and Palms taking roles in Anaheim what do we want to do with this kid. Send him down I'm all for it. We might have a Palms or better on our hands with Etem. We discussed this a month ago, top line minutes in Norfolk and PP time might be the best option to get this kid on a prosperous goal path. Have him turn into a Ryan or Perry some day. I just feel these 4th line minutes are almost useless for a first round pick that still needs some more ice time before things start to click. We've all witnesses his speed, hockey iq, and potential what are we going to do with it management? That's the question AD

Sean Garrity

Quack Quack Quack!
Dec 25, 2007
Dee Eff UU
I meant with Beleskey. It was working just fine with Beleskey on the top line before Palmieri was put back on it, and it was working again tonight. Ryan and Selanne are complete liabilities at ES right now. They may not score with Bonino out there with them but they at least aren't getting scored on. And Koivu STILL has no chemistry with Selanne. Leave Cogliano Koivu Winnik as is. 4th line seemed fine again, although I think Etem is the weak link on that line.

This is my biggest concern.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
He hasn't had a full season without call ups from Anaheim. He's propsering as a true foward in Norfolk AD. With exception of Holland and Palms taking roles in Anaheim what do we want to do with this kid. Send him down I'm all for it. We might have a Palms or better on our hands with Etem. We discussed this a month ago, top line minutes in Norfolk and PP time might be the best option to get this kid on a prosperous goal path. Have him turn into a Ryan or Perry some day. I just feel these 4th line minutes are almost useless for a first round pick that still needs some more ice time before things start to click. We've all witnesses his speed, hockey iq, and potential what are we going to do with it management? That's the question AD
Changed your tune quickly :sarcasm:

kicken

Mar 9, 2011
Stockholm
Just watched the game again and **** me, I'm still pissed off because of Hiller. Sure, the d wasn't playing very good today, but even when the defence isn't up for it, good goalkeepers will still get you out of trouble.

Hiller is ****ing horrible at the moment. Not been the biggest fan of Fasth either, but he's miles better then Hiller at the moment. Just give Fasth a good run of 6-7 games and I'm sure we'll look better.

Aug 11, 2011
Am Yisrael Chai
What's happening to Etem is exactly what happened to Palmieri last season, as has been repeatedly point out to you. Management has decided what the plan is for Etem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad