GDT: Ducks @ Coyotes Game 2-3/4/13 6:00 PM PST

Status
Not open for further replies.

lavoy

Nov 3, 2011
And there goes the battle .... Gah, Hiller .. BTB shootout losses. Sucks.

mightyquack

eggplant and jade or bust
Apr 28, 2010
Then we can expect to lose most times Hiller starts.

The guy is worse than last year when he let in one bad goal per game. This year he's letting in 2 or 3 bad goals per game

Hiller's won 4 of his last 6. And has only let in 2 goals 3 of his last 6 (4, 3, 4 in his other 3).

He is struggling though, but you don't give up on a starting goaltender after a slow start. The reaction on here is exactly like last season.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Then we can expect to lose most times Hiller starts.

The guy is worse than last year when he let in one bad goal per game. This year he's letting in 2 or 3 bad goals per game

The team in front of Hiller was crap tonight too. It's a little unfair to put this on all Hiller, when the players need to be better too.

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
Don't forget Lydman, Lovejoy, Sbisa are on the block as well :sarcasm:

I was more pissed off at Perry on one of the goals than I was Hiller. He had an easy clear, and he tries to make a pretty play, and turns it over.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
My thoughts
-Getz was a monster tonight. Absolutely dominant throughout.
-Lovejoy and Sbisa not so much. Too many turnovers/getting caught up ice.
-Hiller let in 2 weak goals just the same as Fasth did last game. Mike Smith made the big saves in both games, and our goalies didn't. That said, the team in front of them played two horrible games back to back.
-In the shootout against Smith they need to make him move side to side because he is a big goalie and is pretty aggressive. AKA DEKE!!!

BTW we are now 0-2-3 on the road against the Pacific. Not going to cut it, if we want to win the division.

Desperately need 2 points Wednesday.

Corey Perry*

For wednesday:
-Play Fasth
-Sit Lovejoy, put in Allen
-Put Ryan back at 2C
-Restore the third line
-Practice some god damn defense
-Hope that Palmieri is ready to go

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
Out goaltended by Mike Smith, that's not okay. They've looked bad in both games and the magic seems to have evaporated. I think we're seeing the start of our hot start crumbling.

I can't tell if they are playing poorly because of the hot start or if this is truly what they are. They look too tired already, unless it's laziness now.

One More Salami

Feb 25, 2013
Pretty sure Phoenix always gets a lot of shots, they just aren't high quality.

Poor game overall.

Yeah, they're pretty much at the top of the league in that stat.

Next time we could hold on the lead more than two minutes and the game gets easier.. :shakehead

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
He should just leave the 1st and 3rd alone, and put Bonino on the 2nd so at least they stop getting scored on at ES. Put things back together when Palmieri is healthy.

The Duck Knight

Henry, you're our only hope!
Feb 6, 2012
He kind of had to with Palmieri out... or he could've tried Etem or somebody in Palmieri's spot, I guess.

No reason to break up the 3rd though. Leave that together if at all possible and move the other pieces around.

And I say they stick with Hiller for the next game. He needs to get in a groove and I'd say Fasth was just as bad if not worse over two in PHX.

Corey Perry*

He should just leave the 1st and 3rd alone, and put Bonino on the 2nd so at least they stop getting scored on at ES. Put things back together when Palmieri is healthy.

You can't really leave the 1st line alone when Palmieri was on the 1st line.

By no means do I agree with what he did, I rather have put Etem with the Twins, but BB seems quite adamant about playing either Beleskey or Palmieri with Getz and Pears, and he sticked to it.

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
I'm tempted to blame a lot of this on phoenix and that building as well, since they played so well against Nashville at home. Im not sure.

Ducks DVM

sowcufucakky
Jun 6, 2010
Long Beach, CA
You can't really leave the 1st line alone when Palmieri was on the 1st line.

By no means do I agree with what he did, I rather have put Etem with the Twins, but BB seems quite adamant about playing either Beleskey or Palmieri with Getz and Pears, and he sticked to it.

I meant with Beleskey. It was working just fine with Beleskey on the top line before Palmieri was put back on it, and it was working again tonight. Ryan and Selanne are complete liabilities at ES right now. They may not score with Bonino out there with them but they at least aren't getting scored on. And Koivu STILL has no chemistry with Selanne. Leave Cogliano Koivu Winnik as is. 4th line seemed fine again, although I think Etem is the weak link on that line.

illpucks

May 26, 2011
Anaheim's defense the last 2 games looks like their defense from last season. Dunno what has happened to cause that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad