Waived: Ducks claim Lassi Thomson [Reclaimed by Ottawa]

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Best of luck to Lassi Thompson, with better puck moving options in Sanderson, Chychrun, Chabot, and Brannstrom there were no realistic shot of him in Ottawa. But organizations lacking such option/depth would find his skillset attractive and he is a RD. Doesn’t seem to have the acumen to be an everyday NHLer but perhaps gets an opportunity to learn from experience with Anaheim.

This also signals Brannstrom not being on the block, they risk losing JBD as well due to cap gymnastics.

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I kinda like him. Thought there was a player in there somewhere. He has some tools that you cannot teach.

Hopefully he'll carve out a career in Anaheim

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
When I saw him look like a fish out of water on the goal the other night I had this strange feeling he was done here.

Not that its going out on a limb or anything. No surprise here.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Didn’t hate him. Saw him play some really good games in the AHL and flashes in the NHL. Feel neutral on this.

Tap on the Ankle

Jun 9, 2004
Ottawa
Not surprised someone claimed him as he's RHD and still young and a decent enough AHLer, however I'm shocked it was the Ducks. They're loaded with dmen especially on the right side.

Wondercarrot

By The Power of Canadian Tire Centre
Jul 2, 2002
Rather keep him than JBD but not surprised, and not really surprised someone else picked him up.
Always liked watching him, thought he was going good player but then think his last game summed it up - 1st period I was mystified how the could keep him out of the lineup, and behind JBD again….and then the 2nd period was played.

Mantinpalo looks better than either of them.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Looking at his draft in hindsight, it doesn't look like there was much else to pick either, maybe other than Tomasino?
Well it’s a difficult discussion but heinola bjornfot mcmicheal tommasino all better picks. Arguably better picks at the time as well.

The Devilish Buffoon

🇵🇸 viva 🇵🇸 free 🇵🇸
Dec 24, 2018
Well it’s a difficult discussion but heinola bjornfot mcmicheal tommasino all better picks. Arguably better picks at the time as well.
Heinola might be on waivers in a few weeks and McMichael could be in the same boat once his waivers exemption runs out. Tomasino is the only guy with much of a shot at being in the top half of a teams lineup

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad