Confirmed with Link: Ducks acquire Henrique+ from Devils for Vatanen

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Good move, Henrique is a great fit for us when were healthy and should help for the time being... tho its a little bad timing if Montour is missing a little time.

Idk much bout blandisi but any skilled nhl forwards is a + imo. really tired of seeing liambis + shaw in the line up

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
When our forwards get back it's the best lineup we have ever had up front.

However, our bottom pairing is scary. Although to be fair Vatanen hasn't been good for a long time.

Arthuros

Registered Snoozer
Feb 24, 2014
Littleroot Town
Timing's weird. I think I would have preferred Zacha if he was even available, but I was thinking Henrique + 2nd/3rd for Vatanen a while back.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
When our forwards get back it's the best lineup we have ever had up front.

However, our bottom pairing is scary. Although to be fair Vatanen hasn't been good for a long time.
Debatable... I still think our winger depth w/o eaves is a little weak. Rakell Silf Ritchie Kase Perry and cogs in the top 9 is kinda a middle of the pack wingers.

I'm just hoping Larsson gets called up(if hes healthy) , id love to see
Fowler + Manson
Lindholm + Montour
Larsson + Bieska

I also realize RC wont go away form the Lindholm manson pairing

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
is Blandisi any good?
Blandisi is an effective top 6 forward at the OHL level. He can be counted on to provide offense, but also to play physical and get under the opposing teams skin. Not a huge player, but is solid and strong. Projects to be a bottom 6 NHL forward who plays hard every night and pot the occasional goal, Steve Ott type. (Tyler Parchem, EP, 2014)

Seems like a very ducks style of player

Static

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2006
SoCal
is Blandisi any good?
Very good minors scorer who has ability to show it at the NHL level. Huge agitator, think young Perry level agitating. He's a Duck, that's for sure.

Also had issues with diving in the NHL.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
I JUST READ IT ON FACEBOOK AND I AM WAY TOO BUZZED TO THINK ABOUT IT BEFORE I COMMENT

Masch78

Oct 5, 2017
Getzlaf - Kesler - Henrique - Wagner/Grant ... to be honest, that is a great depth at center. I wish we could have had Zacha instead of Blandisi.

Tanaka

Aug 15, 2014
Lifelong devils fan here. Blandisi has a ceiling at best of a 3rd line player. But he plays very hard, hard in corners, creates havoc in front of the net, and is a very very good skater. This season he couldnt crack the NHL lineup in Jersey but in the AHL he has 3g 11a 14p. in 19 games.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
But yeah, best of luck in NJ Sami, loved you here, but things weren`t working out lately. I assume he will have a much better opportunity to prove himself in NJ.

Soooo what about Henrique? Seems like a 40 point guy

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Damn this is great. Vatanen’s been trending down and Henrique will be a perfect fit when we’re healthy as a top 6 winger or a 3C. I just hope we can re-sign him.

Jun 2, 2005
Finlandia
Even though it was obvious that Vats would be the odd man out, this still gives me a pang. Lifelong ducks fan, I feel for the guy. But, the devils are a fun team and he could still be a significant point producer if they don't ask him to be reliable defensively.
My thoughts exactly. I hope that the Devils system will help Sami to break out again. But. Never against the Ducks. I'm pretty excited about getting Henrique.

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Even though it was obvious that Vats would be the odd man out, this still gives me a pang. Lifelong ducks fan, I feel for the guy. But, the devils are a fun team and he could still be a significant point producer if they don't ask him to be reliable defensively.
Completely agree but for some reason I think Vats will not hold a big grudge over this. He did came through our organisation and I don`t think we ever mismanaged him.
Best of luck to him in NJ. I will miss his funny character

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
ASSETS:
Is a quality goal-scoring forward. Displays plenty of intelligence and a high hockey IQ. Can also play wing. Plays his best hockey in pressure situations.
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
I can live with this

The Hockey News

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad