Post-Game Talk: Ducks 4 Oilers 3 OT

FanOfSadTeam

Dec 12, 2010
When was the last time we ever won a game like they did?

Shows you the difference between good teams and the Oilers

BlackDogg

perpetuum defectum
Oct 3, 2015
The Ducks are my most hated team. I know it's supposed to be the Flames but the Ducks seem to piss me off more than any other team in the league. I wish nothing but failure for them this season and years to come

With upstanding gentlemen like Perry, Getzlaugh, and Kesler, not sure how that can be. ;)

Did I miss anyone?

The Moose

Mar 25, 2004
Edmonton
That overtime was really greasy by the Ducks. Lazy by the Oilers too from the 3rd on. At least there was 3 McPoints.

I think we should have waited for them at our blue line, instead of chasing them in their own end, when it was clear what they were trying to do.

Reactions: RegDunlop

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Nurse went from a bright spot in this season and us worrying about how high his contract might be to "wtf is wrong with him" and wondering how low his contract might be.

CycloneSweep

Sep 27, 2017
Randy Carlyle could out coach Todd Mclellan in his sleep. Hate what he did in overtime but it was brilliant. We’ve never even seen Mclellan line match let alone come up with something to get an advantage over his opponent.
Todd gave Anaheim the line match ups they wanted....and he had last change

VainGretzky

Jun 4, 2015
Todd is an outstanding coach, is that better for you?
Todd never has McDavid out with a minute in a half out there when Opposition pulls the goalie he always has him out with a little over 2 min left , than McDavid only sees empty net if there is another whistle . It just shows his coaching ineptness . The best player in the world should be on ice when goalie is pulled , idiot coach does idiot things

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
That overtime was really greasy by the Ducks. Lazy by the Oilers too from the 3rd on. At least there was 3 McPoints.
I don't think the Oilers were lazy. They played the late game last night and went up against a better hockey team. Ran out of gas in the 3rd. Couldn't keep up with or handle the Ducks pressure.

Honestly quite a bit of puck luck for the Ducks tonight too. 3 pucks in off deflections I believe.

rboomercat90

Mar 24, 2013
Edmonton
The Oilers were playing too good in the second, so Todd had to switch things up and go into a ****ty defensive shell in the third.

Fourth time since the playoffs they've blown a multi-goal lead in the third period against Anaheim.
A defensive shell with no system. How come none of these players have any idea how to defend.

Reactions: CycloneSweep

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
With upstanding gentlemen like Perry, Getzlaugh, and Kesler, not sure how that can be. ;)

Did I miss anyone?

Bieksa, Ritchie, just a bunch of goons!
And then they have a couple of professional euro divers on their team

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Yeah don't let this late season surge fool you. The front office needs to be flushed.

Agreed but not before the coaches are flushed, and Katz can flush himself and his buddies (outside of Gretz) down the river too.

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Classic 3rd period "Shutdown, defensive mode" from the Oilers tonight.

I'm sure in 7 years McLellan will finally decide that just playing like they were before is the best way to finish off a game like that. Let's be patient and wait for the McLellan adjustment that always comes way too late.

Reactions: VainGretzky

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Weak goal to end it... but positives are McDavid gets 3 pts... Bear gets his 1st goal. The Oilers stay behind the Rags (for now) in the draft rankings.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Sometimes this place is soooo juvenile after a loss...lol

Where's the popcorn.....:popcorn:

It was a shitty loss to a team that I'm sure most of us want to miss the playoffs, what did you expect?

The juvenile comments are the ones about Talbot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad