Post-Game Talk: Ducks 3, Canucks 1

Nuckles

_________
Apr 27, 2010
heck
I stopped watching after the 1st period.

DMeRUwK.gif

David71

Dec 27, 2008
vancouver
meh game. luongo lets in 2 softies. anyways. should the top guys not play and let the 3rd+4th lines play? Plus some wolves. sit out the sedins. but i doubt it. put in schroder/weise/and whoever is being called up against the oilers.

Orca Smash

Feb 9, 2012
It's hard scoring on good goalies? Never would of thought. :sarcasm:

Obviously I was being sarcastic as well that my point was for the canucks even with our offense its beyond difficult at times scoring on any semi competent goal tender. Scoring more then 1 or even 2 goals then relying on our goal tender for the rest. Add a possible vezina candidate in niemi to the mix and it might be down right impossible (unless he goes back to old niemi for playoffs).

How many goals did we muster in our last two playoff series? We have great goal tending to yet other teams find a way to score on us. Also given the offense we have, it should not be this big of issue.

Last edited:

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Anyone have a report on how Corrado did? I was watching a play tonight, so I couldn't watch the game.

Many thanks in advance!

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland
how was derek joslin

Anyone have a report on how Corrado did? I was watching a play tonight, so I couldn't watch the game.

Many thanks in advance!

both played pretty good

Corrado got a ton of minutes (20+) and only made one mistake that I can think of. He misjudged a puck in the air and missed it which caused a chance against.

Joslin looked pretty solid, nothing really to complain about.

edit- Corrado had 20:26 of TOI, Joslin had 15:01

DennisReynolds

the implication
Dec 11, 2011

Many thanks in advance!
There was only one play where the Ducks player lobbed a puck in the air and he kind of misjudged that but other than that, he was solid. I don't recall him being pinned in the defensive zone.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009
They've done just that. They went from not playing top tier (Dallas and Detroit games), to playing top tier (Chicago game).

This is a glorified preseason game. If it mattered, Bieksa would be playing and you'd see far different intensity. The team is clearly just trying not to get hurt. Caaaaaalm the hell down, and hey, big surprise, the Ducks look better because they replaced a bunch of stars with guys FIGHTING FOR JOBS. Thos guys HAVE to make an impression.

Yeesh.

Not true.

We got embarrassed in play in the Dallas game, Detroit game, and tonight. The Chicago game want a "flick" of a switch, it was an anomaly that caught Chicago playing a horrid game (admitted by them as well)

If you honestly think this play has nothin to do with playoffs you just making excuses and trying to make the situation feel better by masking terrible play with excuses.

King of the ES*

We got embarrassed in play in the Dallas game, Detroit game, and tonight. The Chicago game want a "flick" of a switch, it was an anomaly that caught Chicago playing a horrid game (admitted by them as well)

If you honestly think this play has nothin to do with playoffs you just making excuses and trying to make the situation feel better by masking terrible play with excuses.

Isn't it interesting how the Chicago game - also meaningless - was described as a "statement being made", yet when we're humiliated two nights later by a fraction of Anaheim's lineup, it's brushed off as "meaningless"?

Ironic, isn't it.

Nov 1, 2011
Isn't it interesting how the Chicago game - also meaningless - was described as a "statement being made", yet when we're humiliated two nights later by a fraction of Anaheim's lineup, it's brushed off as "meaningless"?

Ironic, isn't it.

They're all meaningless...just like how we won 7 of our last 8 games last year then came out for the playoffs completely unprepared and uncommitted.

Just look at the record of Cup winners down the stretch, it's bad as often as it is good.

jigsaw99

Dec 20, 2010
Jason Botchford ‏@botchford 1m
Paging Schroeder MT @ThomasDrance Ebbett played less than 12 mins Thursday. In those mins the #Ducks attempted 16 shots, the #Canucks 1.

can't wait to see this guy in the playoffs :shakehead :help:
AV is to stubborn to scratch him

BrandonL

Jun 18, 2012
Pretty impressed with the post game comments from Kesler, more honest than anything we usually hear from AV or the Sedins.

Grumbler

Oct 25, 2012
Well from the boxscore it looks like they played 1 period... and Luongo lets in a weak goal which turned out to be the winning goal typical.

L4cer8

Mar 27, 2012
Arizona
Not true.

No, this was a meaningless game. Why put forward 100% and risk getting hurt? Both teams had zero to play for. If you can't recognize that, I don't know what to say to you.

Fat Tony

Fire Benning
Nov 28, 2011
No, this was a meaningless game. Why put forward 100% and risk getting hurt? Both teams had zero to play for. If you can't recognize that, I don't know what to say to you.

Yes, the players and AV should have recognized that and not be so critical of themselves postgame.

You're rationalizing.

Johnny Canucker

Jan 4, 2009

SO many excuses. So this was a 'meaningful' game for Anaheim?

They seemed to dominate us all game. Out shooting us 2-1 and out scoring us 3-1.

Pip

Feb 2, 2012
Granduland

They seemed to dominate us all game. Out shooting us 2-1 and out scoring us 3-1.

are you talking about the game last night?

I see that the shots were 30-29 in favor of the Ducks, and it was really a one goal game right, cause empty netters don't count. Or is that just when we get them? ;)

TruGr1t

Proper Villain
Jun 26, 2003

Probably more meaningful for a bunch of the Ducks players than it was for anyone not named Corrado or Joslin on our team. That tends to happen when you sit a bunch of starters and the depth guys filling in for them see it as an opportunity and play a lot harder than anticipated. Same reason a bunch of AHLers can pull an upset in the preseason against a starting line up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad