Post-Game Talk: Ducks 3, Canucks 1

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
Missed the game (guess I didn't miss much - I assumed the Canucks would take the night off).

How did Corrado fare tonight? See that he played 20+ mins.

Also I see that Ebbett played in place of Schroeder. How the **** does JS not get into the lineup in this mean-nothing game and after his strong play with the Wolves?

WTF?

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Missed the game (guess I didn't miss much - I assumed the Canucks would take the night off).

How did Corrado fare tonight? See that he played 20+ mins.

Also I see that Ebbett played in place of Schroeder. How the **** does JS not get into the lineup in this mean-nothing game and after his strong play with the Wolves?

WTF?

He may be injured (shoulder). There's no way management is that stupid.

vanuck

Now with 100% less Benning!
Dec 28, 2009
Is Schroeder hurt as the rumors have said, or is he healthy and just not playing yet? Have to believe he isn't 100% otherwise he should be in the lineup right now preparing before the playoffs start.

I think they were resting him for the last Wolves game because of some shoulder issue but yeah, you'd think they would have him playing if he was fully healthy and prepping for the playoffs. Hopefully he's good to go on Saturday.

NuxFan09

Jun 8, 2008
Merritt, BC
My only concern is this new neimi were seeing this year, and our problems scoring on good goalies.

This is one of my concerns, too. I think the Sharks' lack of success and supposed "choking" in the playoffs the last several years has caused everyone to automatically underestimate them without taking a good look at their team. This year, the Sharks seem to have some of the ingredients of a winning team. They've got a hot goalie, who is one of the favourites for the Vezina trophy at this point and also won a Cup with Chicago, they've got balanced scoring, with Thornton on the top line, Couture and Marleau on the 2nd line, and Pavelski on the 3rd line, they've got size and they've got solid special teams (9th on the PP, 6th on the PK).

They're not a team I would relish facing. Not one bit.

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I wasn't directing that at you, CCF23. Reading your posts, you've been reasonable. For me, it's just nice sometimes when the team itself validates some of my worries. Makes me feel like I'm not overreacting or anything.

I've yet to hear any Canuck player go off the rails and say we suck season over :laugh: after every loss

LiquidSnake

Jun 10, 2011
Vancouver, BC
ITT: fans want to face the Cup Champs who are stacked at all positions vs the Sharks who are using Brent Burns as a Winger and are terrible on the road.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
ITT: fans want to face the Cup Champs who are stacked at all positions vs the Sharks who are using Brent Burns as a Winger and are terrible on the road.

LA and SJ's road records are basically identical. And I want to play them in hopes of getting the team going right away, not because they're an easy match-up.

Nov 1, 2011
Terrible game...had bet on the Canucks thinking that the Ducks wouldn't care and that we would since it was Luongo's last home game...guess I was wrong.

Snatcher Demko

High-End Intangibles
Oct 8, 2006
The Canucks will always have trouble scoring on any goalie if they can't get a forecheck going, or if they don't get 2nd and 3rd chances at rebounds.

If all they can do is fire 40 shots from the outside it will be a short playoff.

deadinthewater

Jan 14, 2012
Meh is right.

Every potential matchup will be physically taxing. LA is nothing special, play like we can and we will get out of that series strong.

Yeah, and if the team comes out on top I bet they will have a boatload of confidence going forward, something they have been sorely lacking since 2011. Even though we all knew (in the back of our heads) that the Canucks weren't Cup bound last year with their lacklustre play and injuries, we were still the PT winners and the top seed. You don't think LA came away with new-found confidence in their abilities after beating us?

Verviticus

Jul 23, 2010
Yeah, and if the team comes out on top I bet they will have a boatload of confidence going forward, something they have been sorely lacking since 2011. Even though we all knew (in the back of our heads) that the Canucks weren't Cup bound last year with their lacklustre play and injuries, we were still the PT winners and the top seed. You don't think LA came away with new-found confidence in their abilities after beating us?

If they did, it probably didn't matter

Edo

The Mightiest Club
Jun 7, 2003
vancouver
wowhockey.com

If we're going to end up facing Los Angeles regardless, might as well do it in the first round when we're fresh. This team is fully capable of taking it to the Kings and ending it quickly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad