Rumor: "Duchene's agent is seriously unhappy with Sakic's foot-dragging on a deal"

Status
Not open for further replies.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
The price is certainly not lowering at all. The offers might get worse but it looks like Sakic has decided to be stubborn and keep him around anyways...

So it really does not matter at all...

It does it he puts up 30 points next year cause he hates his employer

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Other AVS fans have said that Sakic doesn't want a futures only package. Is that true?

I think Sakic ideally wants an sub 25 year old NHL proven LHD with legit #1 potential for Duchene. Of course he is not going to get that for him but that is the dream..

I think Sakic will insist on a quality roster player. Only way that might be avoidable if he gets a top prospect like Barzal who is close to the NHL atleast.

Aside from that he probably wants mainly futures...

Still think the only way this mess gets salvaged if Snow offers Beauvillier + the two 1st round picks + a little something else to make up for Kulemin also going the Avs way to make the cap work.

If Snow is not willing to do that, IMO the deal is dead in the water...

ickie*

Jun 18, 2017
they should trade the whole team around duchene, instead of duchene, IMHO

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Sakic should have never publicaly stated the players names that were off limits. (McKinnon and Rantannen)
Duchene has been asked since the trade deadline and bombarded with questions about the " inevitable " trade. Duchene has said things like he's "expecting " it and he knows it's part of the business and all that stuff.

Sakic should have publicly stated that he wants to improve his hockey club and all options are open. Don't tell the media who is and isn't off limits or on the block.

Duchene now has been dealing with this for months and probably just wants it to be over one way or another.
Best thing to do now is say tou don't foresee any major moves but you will listen as it is your job and giving the chance you will upgrade your team if the right deal comes along. The end.

Yeah he really shouldn't have. That is why he is the worst GM in the league. I mean our draft really was pretty good. But Sakic has no idea how to act or talk as a GM. He does not know how to handle the media and does not give a crap about what impact his comments have.

I think the last line is suggesting that pissing off the player and the agent could lead to a public trade request - reducing his value

the last offer is not on the table because the main piece is in Calgary

Yeah but the problem is that Sakic is stubborn and is digging in his heels on this because he does not get the offers he wants. If they go public demanding a trade (which is completely unnecessary because by now everyone knows he wants out anyways), he will get even less willing to make a deal. Especially if the offers get worse.

And the problem is that he holds the leverage in that situation and does not care how much it hurts him or the Avs if it blows up in his face.

Snow and Brisson on the other hand are highly motivated to get a deal done but Snow so far hasn't been willing to pay up.

Meeqs

Aug 23, 2012
USA
When Schenn was just moved for 2 1sts and an Lehtera there is no reason Avs should lower the offers on Duchene.

Hell Hamonic had a super rough year last year and got a 1st and 2, 2nds.

If teams aren't willing to give up a young dman to get Duchene then I wouldn't move him either. Duchene is signed there for 2 years and the agent can get as upset as he wants but the biggest reason Duchene hasn't been moved yet is because he went completely invisible the last half of the year. If he wants to be moved then its very possible he will have to go out there and play to the level he is capable of.

Sakics job is to make the Avs better, and he can't give up such an elite asset at a discount.

NYI don't have the young defender that the Avs would want back so a deal is going to be hard for them to pull off. This is no more on Sakic for not accepting the offer Snow is putting out there than it is on Snow for not raising his offer.

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
When Schenn was just moved for 2 1sts and an Lehtera there is no reason Avs should lower the offers on Duchene.

If teams aren't willing to give up a young dman to get Duchene then I wouldn't move him either. Duchene is signed there for 2 years and the agent can get as upset as he wants but the biggest reason Duchene hasn't been moved yet is because he went completely invisible the last half of the year. If he wants to be moved then its very possible he will have to go out there and play to the level he is capable of.

Sakics job is to make the Avs better, and he can't give up such an elite asset at a discount.

NYI don't have the young defender that the Avs would want back so a deal is going to be hard for them to pull off. This is no more on Sakic for not accepting the offer Snow is putting out there than it is on Snow for not raising his offer.

Lehtera is a cap dump. Hamonic is a top four Defensman signed to a great and manageable cap hit the next 3 years. Big difference.

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
Yeah that is probably what will happen...

Sakic is way too stubborn to getting pressured into a deal like that and Snow doesn't seem to be willing to really put his balls on the table and do what is necessary to get Tavares the help he deserves...

Duchene will be able to decide when he gets traded. Could be half a year from now if he starts off hot and bounces back.

If not he will probably be here for another 1.5 years...

Really not an ideal situation for anyone but the **** has already hit the fan so might as well make the best out of it if the offers are not there...

Snow offered Hamonic + MDC + 1st. Best offer by far. Your idiot GM could have turned it into MDC + 2 2018 1st + 2 future seconds. I don't care how well Duchene plays next year. Sakic will never get close to that return again.

Boxscore

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
Sakic should have traded Duchene a long time ago before the leaks even started. Just like when the Flyers traded Carter and Richards, the Preds Jones and Weber, the Jackets Johansen. Find an interested partner you can trust and do a deal.

Now it's turned into a distraction. You have an unhappy, star player on a team that is already a mess and in need of a culture change. Sakic needs to deal Duchene and get the drama away from MacKinnon, Rantanen, Jost, etc. and let those kids grow without the circus. After Duchene, deal Landeskog and Barrie, once and for all, or just shut up about "MacKinnon and Rantanen are the only untouchables..."

Loved him as a player, but Sakic is not showing good leadership at the top and hasn't been for a while.

Avalanche Risk

Jun 18, 2017
Don't think this changes anything. He's reporting what everyone on this board has already been speculating. And, given the context, it sure seems like those "league" sources are irritated NYI sources

c_robio

Feb 3, 2006
Snow offered Hamonic + MDC + 1st. Best offer by far. Your idiot GM could have turned it into MDC + 2 2018 1st + 2 future seconds. I don't care how well Duchene plays next year. Sakic will never get close to that return again.

What is stopping Snow from offering that now ?

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Seems like wise asset management.

You are talking about the Avs.

Terrible asset management has been the name of the game for us for atleast a decade now..

People still don't seem to realize with whom they are dealing with.
Sakic is probably the worst GM in the league and he won't budge much from what he wants no matter how smart or dumb that is and the crazy thing is that he holds a serious amount of leverage right now given that Snow has very little options and that Brisson who is both the agent of Duchene and Tavares certainly would appreciate it if he gets Duchene out of Denver right now...

There is no way that Brisson orchestrates a trade that leads to Duchene on the Islanders that does not lead to Tavares signing on the dotted line.

Now Snow has to decide how much that (extra security that Tavares re-signs) is worth to him...

@ DiPietro30:

Well that offer is not good enough. You might disagree with it but I wouldn't do it either if I were Sakic. Dal Colle is not good enough as the centerpiece. Put Beauvillier in instead and you would have a deal from my end atleast (with the CGY picks replacing Hamonic of course).

Frenchy

Administrator
Sep 16, 2006
϶(°o°)ϵ

It's a negociation , Snow made an offer that Sakic didnt like and he came up with a counter offer to Snow. Now the ball is in Snow's hands to come up with a better offer.

Dipietro39

Jul 15, 2005
What is stopping Snow from offering that now ?

Snow is not going to offer 2 1sts 2 2nds and a former top 5 pick for Duchene. He isn't *****ing Mario. He's a second line center, coming off a horrible season, has two years left at 6 Million and has been on the block for a year.

varano

Jun 27, 2013
I have a very high amount of doubt that the leafs offered JVR AND a 1st for Hamonic.

JoemAvs

Jul 2, 2011
Snow is not going to offer 2 1sts 2 2nds and a former top 5 pick for Duchene. He isn't *****ing Mario. He's a second line center, coming off a horrible season, has two years left at 6 Million and has been on the block for a year.

Yeah well then the deal is dead and hopefully Brisson gets pissed at Snow for not offering a decent enough deal for Duchene.

danielpalfredsson

youtube dot com /watch?v=CdqMZ_s7Y6k
Aug 14, 2013

NYI 2018 1st+CGY 2018 1st+CGY 2018 2nd+CGY 2019 2nd+"A Prospect" is a MUCH bigger package than what Schenn went for and it isn't even close.

Given the nature of the '17 draft being considered very weak, there's a good chance that the 27th overall from this year won't be all that far off from one of those CGY 2nds. Both those '18 picks are from volatile teams who have missed the playoffs multiple times over the last few years and the top end of the '18 draft is considered deep.

I'll be very surprised if Sakic gets an offer better than that. It's all downhill from here.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
It's a negociation , Snow made an offer that Sakic didnt like and he came up with a counter offer to Snow. Now the ball is in Snow's hands to come up with a better offer.

Exact opposite. Player spoke out. Now it's up for Sakic to pay the consequence. If I'm snow, I tell Sakic we made a great offer multiple times, it no longer stands. I'm still willing to negotiate.

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
You are talking about the Avs.

Terrible asset management has been the name of the game for us for atleast a decade now..

People still don't seem to realize with whom they are dealing with.
Sakic is probably the worst GM in the league and he won't budge much from what he wants no matter how smart or dumb that is and the crazy thing is that he holds a serious amount of leverage right now given that Snow has very little options and that Brisson who is both the agent of Duchene and Tavares certainly would appreciate it if he gets Duchene out of Denver right now...

There is no way that Brisson orchestrates a trade that leads to Duchene on the Islanders that does not lead to Tavares signing on the dotted line.

Now Snow has to decide how much that (extra security that Tavares re-signs) is worth to him...

@ DiPietro30:

Well that offer is not good enough. You might disagree with it but I wouldn't do it either if I were Sakic. Dal Colle is not good enough as the centerpiece. Put Beauvillier in instead and you would have a deal from my end atleast (with the CGY picks replacing Hamonic of course).

Galchenyuk, JVR, and James Neal would all be very good options as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad